Loki

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
My biggest gripe is that Loki's power levels have changed drastically to fit the story. In the Avengers he got ragdolled by Hulk at the end and survived without permanent damage. In the beginning of the movie he tanked bullets and kicked a guard 20 feet through the air easily like Cap was doing to normies in The Winter Soldier.

This makes the fight scenes the worst for me out of the 3 TV series so far. Actually even if he was base human the fight scenes are still bad.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
My biggest gripe is that Loki's power levels have changed drastically to fit the story. In the Avengers he got ragdolled by Hulk at the end and survived without permanent damage. In the beginning of the movie he tanked bullets and kicked a guard 20 feet through the air easily like Cap was doing to normies in The Winter Soldier.

This makes the fight scenes the worst for me out of the 3 TV series so far. Actually even if he was base human the fight scenes are still bad.
White fragility must have set in. Hate to see it.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Wouldn't most of the potential hesitance in the fight scenes be from the TVA people having the batons that Loki thinks will erase him from existence if he is touched by it? Not to mention his magic not working inside the TVA so assuming potential physical enhancement might not exist in there, either?

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I mentioned this in one of the early pages before the show aired, loki is debuffed too hell from the comics too fit their story. Loki is strong as shit but hes getting his asskicked by regular humans...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mentioned this in one of the early pages before the show aired, loki is debuffed too hell from the comics too fit their story. Loki is strong as shit but hes getting his asskicked by regular humans...

I did wonder this. Yeah, he's not as ripped as Thor but all of the Asgardians have superhuman strength and speed. The TVA clowns shouldn't ordinarily be able to touch him even if his magic/technology is dampened.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoy Tom Hiddleston and Owan Wilson and the debate they have, even Loki and Sylvie are pretty decent. Aside from that though, I'm not enjoying the show very much.

I'll finish it to see what the payoff is though, maybe the ending will redeem the show somewhat.

• 1Edgelord

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Well, that was fun. Some huge easter eggs too.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well if the theory proves true that they are all Loki variants then it would make sense, but yeah otherwise they have nerfed the hell out of him

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Richard E Grant was great. So at the end of time there has to be a Loki behind all of this right?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Richard E Grant was great. So at the end of time there has to be a Loki behind all of this right?

I think it has to be, unless next week is a complete origin of Kang or something, perhaps showing him going through a similar process (Kangs being pruned, etc the way Lokis are now, eventually uprising and taking things over) it's hard to just introduce such a significant character so it needs to be done in a way we can relate to, like him going through a similar rise to power as Loki/Sylvie or something.

A little more:

So next week we'll have Mobius v Renslayer to settle things there. The Alioth they enchanted is another entity with ties to Kang - Alioth Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel -

'Allegedly the first being to free itself from the timestream, Alioth grew in power, becoming the supreme time being over all realities from the dawn of life on Earth to the edge of Kang the Conqueror’s dominion. A temporal barrier blocked Alioth from entering Kang’s realm, Chronopolis, and conquering all time periods.'

So it's another big red flag waving and saying 'ITS KANG!' even if we didn't have him coming as the villian for Ant Man (or the phase).

My favorite easter egg this episode is the head of the Living Tribunal.

1625675266314.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

As someone who has never read a marvel comic, all the other Loki characters meant nothing and the episode was rather dull. The smoke monster looked better than Lost though, so it has that going for it.

Last edited:
  • 1Edgelord

Xevy

Log Wizard
Good episode. Super weirdo Vibes with Loki and Sylvie though. They going to fuck or are they brother and sister. The writer's alleged they weren't going to be in a romantic relationship, but they're getting PRETTY fucking close to it.

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Slogged through episode 3 of this garbage.

Ignoring the fact the entire episode was boring as fuck, the acting and dialogue were pretty fucking bad. This confused me, as I was noticing it not just from the Sylvie actress; Hiddleston as well. After some thinking and more observation, what I think I'm perceiving is the Sylvie actress is bad, and the director and dialogue are bad, which ended up dragging down Hiddleston's performance (as he was forced to respond to Sylvie for basically the entire thing).

Shrug. TLDR this show sucks.

spronk

FPS noob
Well you can see where they blew most of the shows budget on, episode 5 has gotta be crazy expensive with 3/4ths of it having massive CGI everywhere.

I want to like the show - the actors and 1 on 1 talk scenes are pretty good but everything just feels so off. It feels so goofy for some reason, like every episode we get thrown in new shit that makes less and less logical sense. "So the TVA exists and you've never heard about them even though they have maintained the sacred timeline for a long time and they prune variants but those variants are actually sent to The Void where a giant Cerberus smoke monster guards the gates to somewhere else more important and every hour some new shit drops into The Void for doggo to eat".

That is just absolute nonsense 8 year old slumber party writing and its hard not to see the actors falling laughing trying to say out some of their lines. It really feels like a CW show in dialogue, pacing, secondary actors, and story. It wouldn't be bad if they maintained consistency, like Wanda Vision was pretty goofy early on so it worked for me, but Loki tries to be super serious 3/4ths of the time and the tone is just way off.

Still, only 1 episode left and I'm really curious if they are gonna go big (Kang) or wuss out and not really do too much like Falcon and WandaVision did.

the easter eggs are out of control and really cool, saw at least half a dozen including Thanos copter and the USS Eldrige (Philadelphia Experiment)

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still, only 1 episode left and I'm really curious if they are gonna go big (Kang) or wuss out and not really do too much like Falcon and WandaVision did.
I mean they obviously can't do much with Kang beyond set him up for Antman 3, which is probably the biggest reason why these shows have been such a disappointment. Most likely the 'final' villain of the show is another Loki variant and they use the events of the finale to set up Kang.

• 2Like