Loki

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Very unsatisfying season finale, and series in general.

The actor playing Kang is terrible.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the series outside of the 5th episode was kinda meh, but Im just excited for the next phase. Bring me Secret Wars, House of M, and a united multiverse with Doom, Deadpool, Xmen, Adam Warlock, Mephisto, Fantastic Four etc without shitty Fox behind them.

Doom is, was and always will be my favorite Marvel character. I was the little kid in the Doom costume while the others were Spiderman Thor Captain America etc. If they could recreate the on screen scene of Doom ripping Thanos skeleton out I'd die a happy man.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
BW was to set up Yelena Belova as a replacement for Natasha, anything else was just opportunism.

He wasn't playing Kang, he was playing He Who Remains. I thought he was fine.
pretty sure he says he is also known as the Conqueror aka Kang the Conqueror. HWR is just one of his many names.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
pretty sure he says he is also known as the Conqueror aka Kang the Conqueror. HWR is just one of his many names.
The way I interpret it, this particular version of him is not Kang the Conqueror. He has many names because before he ended the multiverse he was many people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why is it that Loki seems to be the only being in existence who's appearance is different in each universe?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider

Well, the way this seems to go in the Disney+ logic is that his death and the return/rerun of the multiverse(-war) would bring back many of his less friendly variants. Kang the Antman-movie-villain will be a particularly villainous variant to this "He who remains" as Sylvie or Richard E. Grant Loki were to Hiddelston-Loki.

Same actor, no doubt, but I guess it remains to be seen if he will purposefully and noticably change his acting to differentiate between the "slightly-mad-been-alone-in-the-spooky-house-for-millions-of-years"-variant and the "main-movie-super-villain"-variant, or if that was his "Kang acting", no matter the variant.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Why is it that Loki seems to be the only being in existence who's appearance is different in each universe?

Because there are so many Loki-visuals and "variants" (not in the Disney+ sense) in the comics, and this was an opportunity as good as any to show them off.

Also, they showed at least the Frog-variant of Thor, so the possibility isn't restricted to Loki necessarily (even if they didn't make much use of it).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It will turn out this is all part of Immortus's long-game that will result in a semi-stable multiverse managed from Otherworld by the Captain Britain corps and tie into Phase 5 Excalibur

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I can't really fully explain why, but the possibilities this episode laid out makes the MCU really feel like a comic book universe now. So many stories can be told in other timelines with practical ways to impact whatever the primary timeline ends up being (and what if they never reestablish one... wow).

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The way I interpret it, this particular version of him is not Kang the Conqueror. He has many names because before he ended the multiverse he was many people.
yeah he was definitely not The Conqueror here, only He Who Remains. He will be Kang in Ant-Man. They are all just variants of Nathaniel Richards.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Narrative and lore finale, which is probably not what you popcorn munchers wanted. Seems like we have to rely on animated Clone Wars shows to get that.

Cybsled

Solid finale I thought. Good way to introduce Kang, yet not Kang.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

My guess is Ravonna went to go grab a different Kang to replace the one Sylvie killed.

Interesting but ultimately unsatisfying because as has been said repeatedly, these shows exist solely to provide setup for movies.

probably right about Ravonna, plus it lets her more closely match the comic Ravonna if Kang hooks up with her

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If nothing else this set up an interesting villain. A good villain carries the movies.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I think of it as Loki is more prone to variation due to his trickster nature. There are obviously other variants but a higher percentage of Loki's vary and are more apt to survive in the Void.