Loki

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The whole NEXUS thing is fucking stupid and unbelieve for even comic book movies.

Conception with no Y chromosome should have been a nexus event for Sylvie.
That's sort of what I was getting at. Were they going to prune Sylvie just because Loki is supposed to be male? Why did that take them five years? What exactly was reset when they kidnapped Sylvie? Is there a reality out there where Loki just happens to be a chick, but is perfectly ordinary and villainous aside from this one variant?

The idea that the TVA went after her just for playing a hero with her toys as a 5 year old seems incredibly thin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

But that is literally how it works. They even mentioned examples of variants being people who were late to work. Even minor acts, if they result in a branching timeline, get you pruned.

Slyvie playing with toys and pretending to protect the realm is not much unto itself, but if that starts her on an eventual path to replicating that in her deeds, then it becomes a major variance. That could have just been a "turning point" that led to more things.

Let's reframe it. Lenin is walking down the street one day as a kid and sees some shopkeeper selling stuff that he invented, and using the money to better himself and the community. He muses to himself that seems like a cool thing to strive for. Boom, TVA shows up, because whole the thought of capitalism isn't that bad results in a cascade of events that results in him not becoming a communist.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the problem with sylvie being pruned because she had a good home where her parents loved her and nurtured her heroic choices should mean that THEY get pruned, not her. prime loki's parents never told him he was adopted until it taught him that no one is to be trusted. loki was generally a decent bloke up until that point. he was your good friend that always has your back, but LOVES a good practical joke. the MCU established this in thor 1, and has continued to state that thor and loki were basically best friends growing up.

so again, the rules that the TVA are telling us are either a flat out lie, or the writers are just bad.

it's option 2. the writers are bad.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the problem with sylvie being pruned because she had a good home where her parents loved her and nurtured her heroic choices should mean that THEY get pruned, not her. prime loki's parents never told him he was adopted until it taught him that no one is to be trusted. loki was generally a decent bloke up until that point. he was your good friend that always has your back, but LOVES a good practical joke. the MCU established this in thor 1, and has continued to state that thor and loki were basically best friends growing up.

so again, the rules that the TVA are telling us are either a flat out lie, or the writers are just bad.

Best friends! Practical jokes!

bestfriends.png

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard

Then they'd prune the Tony Stark who caused the whole issue that brought Loki to the TVA in the first place. After all, Tony Stark and Captain America were the people who weren't supposed to be there.

I don't think we're supposed to know why she was pruned yet and I'm sure we'll find out.

j00t

Then they'd prune the Tony Stark who caused the whole issue that brought Loki to the TVA in the first place. After all, Tony Stark and Captain America were the people who weren't supposed to be there.

I don't think we're supposed to know why she was pruned yet and I'm sure we'll find out.
Yes that's my point. The TVA told us why they prune people, and then we found out that the TVA is lying about basically everything. They arent pruning people for causing nexus events, we already know that scarlet witch is a walking nexus event.

Unless, you know the time keepers just sorta forgot...

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I liked the reveal and the ending. sets up a proper big bad with a plausible reason to be a big bad. I'm hoping they stick with the more normal, realistic look instead of the blue android look.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finale Spoilers. Did you guys see this in the end credits?
The transcript on the desk from Loki's with interview with the TVA now says:
30214.01|| TVA?
30214.02|| Friend, I think there's been a mistake. I am Loki of Asgard and you will regret this. I am burdened with glorious purpose. I stand at the right hand of Thanos and (then goes off screen and cant read the rest until the next line it continues) "pleased to know you've (the word is blurry but it looks like "detained".....then goes off screen on that line)
30214.03|| My father is Odin. (and that's all you can read)

Also of note on his arrest papers it says his arrest is in sector 1900-2099. Secret Wars upcoming? It ties directly into Marvel 2099 and the Beyonder, Kang, Doom etc which I thought could all make their appearance in this episode. Lots of crazy timeline shits about to happen, no surprise the What If? series is next

• 1Like

Homsar

Did not plan on that ending. Where was my mobius riding a jet ski? I was still hoping it was another loki in the castle but no

They really did put all of the budget in episode 5, this was the best out of the 3 shows easily but that doesnt mean much when they were all flaming piles of shit with 1 solid episode

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Not looking forward to the next phase of marvel if we keep up with this writing. Maybe thats why i didnt hate black widow as much as i should when comparing it to these disney series

loki> wanda >falcon/ws . It took me weeks to finally finish falcon/WS and barely recall anything. Also everyone can get beat up by joe nobody now accoring to Loki and Falcon/ws

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well that was Kang-tastic!!

I do like how this properly sets the stage for Phase 4 at last. Also I'm digging this version of Kang. Good casting.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sorry but I thought that episode was utter shit.

It's a fucking superhero show and yet 99% of it was just sitting around talking.

Every single one of these series so far have been tedious setup for a movie that is largely unlikely to deliver as well.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Honestly pretty satisfying, if leaving a whole bunch of questions still.
"a whole bunch". Understatement of the... timeline.

It would have been ever better if Loki had spotted a Sylvie Statue on top of the TVA instead, but I guess they need move dramatic moves for season 2 and phase 4.

(and I presume the Kang we get in Ant-man is one of the first variants to "reemerge" in the new multiverse)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My guess is Ravonna went to go grab a different Kang to replace the one Sylvie killed.

Interesting but ultimately unsatisfying because as has been said repeatedly, these shows exist solely to provide setup for movies.