Loki

Cybsled

Loki being a female, male, alligator, or robot doesn't matter. What matters if it there are significant changes to what they do and how that impacts the timeline.

Kid Loki killed Thor and got nabbed

Old Loki only got nabbed when he decided to revisit family vs. still pretending to be dead

Sylphie presumably got nabbed when it started to become clear she wanted to be a protector/hero of Asgard (since that is what she was playing when she got nabbed)

The movies even touched upon it during Avengers - slight changes to the timeline don't matter, because if they are minor enough, the same sequence of events will happen and the timeline doesn't split.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Loki being a female, male, alligator, or robot doesn't matter. What matters if it there are significant changes to what they do and how that impacts the timeline.

Kid Loki killed Thor and got nabbed

Old Loki only got nabbed when he decided to revisit family vs. still pretending to be dead

Sylphie presumably got nabbed when it started to become clear she wanted to be a protector/hero of Asgard (since that is what she was playing when she got nabbed)

The movies even touched upon it during Avengers - slight changes to the timeline don't matter, because if they are minor enough, the same sequence of events will happen and the timeline doesn't split.
exactly this, nailed it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Because that was the exact moment her heroic future in that timeline diverged from Loki being a shitheel in the Sacred Timeline happened.
Correct, which is why I was asking why he thought it was a plot hole. It seemed fine to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then where are the normal villainous Sylvies? Why are there dozens, maybe even hundreds of male variant Lokis but only one Sylvie? If those reset charges ensured that Loki would be born instead of Sylvie then one charge would have not only had to reset over five years of history, it would have had to affect all of Asgard, Jotunheim (where Sylvie and Loki were actually born), and anywhere else in the Nine Realms where anyone would have had knowledge of Odin's daughter.

Last edited:
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea, my first thought, since she was taken as a child while playing with toys, was that she was developing too much compassion and the timeline needed a more evil/trickster Loki. Of course that reinforces the "evil" of TVA by not allowing her to be her best self.
Yeah this is probably it.

They already established with old Loki that they get yoinked whenever they be their best self and not a trickster.

Young Loki got yoinked for killing Thor, so being too evil is another option.

I feel like she's either going to betray Loki or sacrifice herself.

Kiki

Log Wizard

It does tho, because that means there are already alternate universes since there aren't alternate timelines, but they do not present it like this so the entire premise doesn't make sense. Not only do they travel to different times, they travel to different universes. So the timeline is now the timeline of all universes. It's not just Loki fucking up at different points in his life, it's entirely different lives. Who would care that every universe has to be they way they want? Why not just make one perfect universe? You can tell this is all hamfisted and not very thought out. We've already proved they aren't the best about time travel when Steve gives Falcon the shield and goes against there own rules of time travel (him remaining in the past should have branched the timeline but instead he's still in the same one even after he erases all of Peggy's kids or now we are in a new timeline).

I'm assuming they are just going to blow the whole thing up and create alternate timelines but I guess we'll see who the big bad is. They should have gone and picked up steve rogers from the wrong timeline.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Young Loki got yoinked for killing Thor, so being too evil is another option.

Finding it hard to believe Kid Loki intended to kill Kid Thor, presumably some prank/mischief gone awry.

That does beg the question though, if they pruned him after he killed Thor why did they take Sylvie before she committed the act they wanted to prevent?

Surely the kid would have been taken before he killed Thor to preserve the Sacred Timeline. I mean, the TVA can travel freely through time so it's not like they are only cleaning up shit once it happens.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finding it hard to believe Kid Loki intended to kill Kid Thor, presumably some prank/mischief gone awry.

That does beg the question though, if they pruned him after he killed Thor why did they take Sylvie before she committed the act they wanted to prevent?

Surely the kid would have been taken before he killed Thor to preserve the Sacred Timeline. I mean, the TVA can travel freely through time so it's not like they are only cleaning up shit once it happens.
It doesn't matter, that whole timeline was erased.

It does mean that Sylvie probably already did her divergence though.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe Odin was going to choose Sylvie as his heir to the throne over Thor and she prevents Ragnarok. She did say her parents told her about her adoption immediately and loved her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure you understand Scandinavian naming conventions.
After some googling it would appear you were right. I was thinking of the Eragon series where the author switched between patronymics and matronymics depending on the sex of the child.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The TVA judge lady seems pretty damn nefarious.
You mean the wise latina to whom the white man should always be looking up to? Guaranteed to end up saving the day. Bank on it.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Then where are the normal villainous Sylvies?

Sounded like a majority of them are dead at Thanos' feet, since that seems to be where the Sacred Timeline lead to.

An End Game level battle of Lokis would have been hilarious, though. I'm sure there would have been a couple more lady lokis in there. And maybe a dinosaur and a hulk loki.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Think this has a decent shot of being right. Big bad will end up being a Loki, Ravona (inadvertently, or 'all along' Agatha-style as Kang), or Kang proper.

Ravona being a Kang would mirror the Loki story pretty well too and allow them to foreshadow future events involving other Kangs as we get an abbreviated origin or something.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The whole NEXUS thing is fucking stupid and unbelieve for even comic book movies.

Conception with no Y chromosome should have been a nexus event for Sylvie.

• 1Seriously?