Loki

Xerge

<Donor>
I don't even think Loki ended up back in the same time line based on how Mobius reacted towards him.

10/10 pretty epic story telling.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't even think Loki ended up back in the same time line based on how Mobius reacted towards him.
It's confusing the more you think about it. Mobius said he has pruned dozens of Lokis, it would make more sense for him to be like 'oh fuck a Loki is here in the TVA' than for him to not recognize a Loki at all.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Either there still is a single TVA that was altered as a result of the series or there was multiple universes/timelines each with their own TVA which are now crossing over. They had their own pockets for their respective universes and pruned anything that was branching outside so it would never connect with another.

Burns

It's confusing the more you think about it. Mobius said he has pruned dozens of Lokis, it would make more sense for him to be like 'oh fuck a Loki is here in the TVA' than for him to not recognize a Loki at all.

Lady Loki put the wrong year into the flux capacitor and sent him back to before the 1900 to 2099 time window that they hunt 99% of the Loki, obviously. The Kang statue was during his first iteration of the TVA, before the great mind wipe of the second Triumvirate Timekeepers...

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Lady Loki put the wrong year into the flux capacitor and sent him back to before the 1900 to 2099 time window that they hunt 99% of the Loki, obviously. The Kang statue was during his first iteration of the TVA, before the great mind wipe of the second Triumvirate Timekeepers...
What if it was into the future?
And this is the new TVA reformed by the new variant of Kang. Reincarnation, baby.

Burns

What if it was into the future?
And this is the new TVA reformed by the new variant of Kang. Reincarnation, baby.

Sorry, it's most likely the past, otherwise he wouldn't be able to go back to the future, next season...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Immediately before the revelation that they don't recognize Loki:

Mobius: Thats what, 63 branches in this unit alone?
Hunter B-15: Does he want us to just let them all branch?
Mobius: At this point how are we even going to stop it?

It's not past or future, it's an entirely different TVA. This is not the same Mobius or the same B-15. Which still leaves the question of why he doesn't immediately recognize a Loki and wonder why a Loki is running around free in the TVA, but maybe this new TVA has a different mission from what the previous TVA had. Also raises the question of why Loki wasn't affected by whatever temporal rewriting occurred since he was clearly no longer at the end of time when Sylvie killed He Who Remains. Miss Minutes also seems to have her own agenda which wasn't necessarily in line with what He Who Remains wanted, since he would have already known that trying to bribe them wouldn't work.

Time travel is stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, it was fine as a "setup" episode for future MCU but I wasn't terribly satisfied. Not really knowing who Kang is, other than the massive expo dump this guy did of "i'm from the 31st century and we came close to destroying the multiverse cuz we are bad motherfuckers" it clashed completely with what a fucking soy boy this Kang was, who the fuck would be scared of anything this guy says or does?

I 100% expected him to start crying and blurt out "I WANT TO DIE CUZ IM LONELY, OK" at least that would have made some sense. Who the fuck wouldn't get bored after living thousands of years in an empty Harry Potter castle.

You can't do multiverse and time travel without being extremely focused and having extremely good planning and writing (12 Monkeys, BTTF) and that just isn't in MCU's wheelhouse.

Merrith

Not really knowing who Kang is, other than the massive expo dump this guy did of "i'm from the 31st century and we came close to destroying the multiverse cuz we are bad motherfuckers" it clashed completely with what a fucking soy boy this Kang was, who the fuck would be scared of anything this guy says or does?

This one thing I think they could have done better, have He Who Remains do a better job of explaining the relative power/big bad levels by discussing Thanos as some "local" issue to this one timeline, while pointing out how much bigger in scope variants of someone like he who is controlling their entire timeline could be in a huge multiverse war. They did obviously do some discussion on it, but for someone who has no clue who Kang is from the comics, or any idea of the scope of the next big villain, they could have done just a better job of driving the point home with better dialogue.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I kinda liked it but wanted more.

I think that Loki has ended up in his branch timeline and not the "sacred" MCU timeline.

Some of the branched timelines are going to have TVAs.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I didn't like Kang's portrayal until I realized that's not Kang. That's the loony toons time caretaker version of a Kang. Badass Kang will most likely be badass Kang. More Thanos and Doctor Doom than fucking Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I think they purposefully didn't explain more about Sylvie to save up for Season 2. Obviously she'll see what she's done and want some redeeming. I'm honestly guessing she gets thrown into the Phase 5 group to replace Thor. Wouldn't be awful as long as they scale up her physicality.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

I didn't like Kang's portrayal until I realized that's not Kang. That's the loony toons time caretaker version of a Kang. Badass Kang will most likely be badass Kang. More Thanos and Doctor Doom than fucking Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I think they purposefully didn't explain more about Sylvie to save up for Season 2. Obviously she'll see what she's done and want some redeeming. I'm honestly guessing she gets thrown into the Phase 5 group to replace Thor. Wouldn't be awful as long as they scale up her physicality.

Question is can that actor pull off badass Kang (assuming they use the same guy).

Cybsled

He Who Remains wasn’t the baddest Kang, just the one who discovered a WMD and wiped out everyone with it.

Also, anyone get Slyvie=Thor parallels? Thor chops off Thanos head without thinking, Sylvie kills variant Kang without thinking. Both actions result in worse shit happening

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Question is can that actor pull off badass Kang (assuming they use the same guy).

It's the same actor for Kang in Ant-Man 3. I'm confident he can pull off badass, he was just acting silly and quirky and that fits the character because he is clearly a bit nuts from all this knowledge and his near-eternal life alone, but I'm sure he can look menacing when he's more serious. Hell, the statue of him looks menacing and that's the same face, just (literally) stone cold.

spronk

FPS noob
Maybe I missed it but I didn't really realize until i read some messages that the core reason for the TVA is to prevent any timeline branches where a Kang emerges. "The sacred timeline" is the one where Kang never appears. So just Sylvie existing created a Kang, kid Loki killing Thor creating a Kang, old man Loki returning to Asgard creates a Kang, etc.

I wish they had been a bit more explicit about that, I kinda get that was the entire point of He Who Remains' speeches but everything between Loki, Sylvie, and He Who Remains was a bit weird. I guess thats the point, HWR is a bit mentally fucked up from being alone so long he's created basically Disneyworld (Miss Manners, the house, TVA). Probably pick up more on a rewatch of the last 2 episodes, wish they had gone into more details about Alioth

and yeah if they use the TVA/multiverse wars as a vehicle to explain why X-Men, FF, etc now roll into the multiverse post Infinity War thats pretty neat

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I bet this is how they will probbaly introduce the X-men, Fantastic 4, Deadpool and other Fox owned marvel heroes into the Disney MCU.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He Who Remains wasn’t the baddest Kang, just the one who discovered a WMD and wiped out everyone with it.

Also, anyone get Slyvie=Thor parallels? Thor chops off Thanos head without thinking, Sylvie kills variant Kang without thinking. Both actions result in worse shit happening
No?

How did Thor killing Thanos result in worse shit happening? He'd already destroyed the infinity stones. And Sylvie didn't kill HWR without thinking, she pretty clearly valued her vengeance above whatever the consequences would be.

gak

<Gold Donor>
What a scene, I got chills as I took a knee...

n.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 3Cringe
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 12 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
That Kang was ridiculous. I hadn't realized he'd been cast so I guess nobody was surprised.
I'm assuming he was intentionally bizarre to contrast with the upcoming Conqueror version(s).

Wasn't Kang some descendant of Reed Richards? Or am i not remembering that right. I guess they change a lot of this stuff around. I don't remember Kang being exceptionally powerful most of the time.

• 1Barf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users