Loki

Chris

Potato del Grande
I see all the anti SJWs on YouTube are giving this bad reviews, why is that?

I think there's one diverse character too many (fat black lesbian TVA soldier) and the black TVA boss isn't a great actress, but they didn't ruin the show. Kang being black seems fine but I'll reserve judgement on his acting until his next appearance.

Then of course Loki is fucked up sexually and there has to be a female Loki so that he can fall in love with himself. That stuff fit the story just fine.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hiddleston didn't play his female self in a wig, they cast an actual female for the role. Thus all haters are confused and have to fall back to classic prejudices instead.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its the usual SJW nonsense. The heroes and leads are females. The token males are buffoons or the comedic relief. A few canned lines that are cringe like that bullshit in episode 1 with the wise latinx judge. The story is written around pushing females as the leads and heroes first and being interesting second. Its the typical SJW trash but it could always be worse like Captain Affirmative Action and the Winter Soldier.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Greta cameo voice bit along with a bunch of other wokesters in the opening roll was eye roll inducing (they are openly named in the sub titles) but the rest of the episode was not really woke by any measure.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Its the usual SJW nonsense. The heroes and leads are females. The token males are buffoons or the comedic relief. A few canned lines that are cringe like that bullshit in episode 1 with the wise latinx judge. The story is written around pushing females as the leads and heroes first and being interesting second. Its the typical SJW trash but it could always be worse like Captain Affirmative Action and the Winter Soldier.
Half the show was two white male leads and the other half was two white leads one of each gender in a straight romance of a sort.

They could have done a lot more woke stuff.

Yeah I think the men got pushed around a bit too much though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Half the show was two white male leads and the other half was two white leads one of each gender in a straight romance of a sort.

They could have done a lot more woke stuff.

Yeah I think the men got pushed around a bit too much though.
This one is less about race and more about female power.

Cybsled

The Greta cameo voice bit along with a bunch of other wokesters in the opening roll was eye roll inducing (they are openly named in the sub titles) but the rest of the episode was not really woke by any measure.

I complain about people on this board being too sensitive about perceived SJW/woke shit, but even I cringed at the voice opening across time and the stuff they used “hey I got an idea, let’s lump some teenager that will probably be forgotten in 10 years with the first human on the moon!”

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't even catch the Greta shit but now I'm literally angry with rage.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This one is less about race and more about female power.
I guess the thing is that men have a classic heroes journey so you like and respect them, women don't earn anything so you dislike them. It's like this IRL though.

So when they do these strong women characters, it's just advantageous to the male characters who get full character devleopment.

So yes I can see the two brown TVA strong women being problematic SJW plants, I really didn't like them, but it just made me like Owen Wilson more because he had to struggle to deal with them.

Sylvie wasn't as good as she could have been, she beat people in fights too easily, but she did have some struggle so whatever, I sort of like her.

It's not like Batwomen where it's 100% "strong women".

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if we are going to be bombarded with woke nonesense, then this is how i would prefer it. race played no part in any dialogue and gender only played a part so the main character (THE narcissist of the MCU) could fall in love with himself.

yes there were other mentions here and there, mobius telling rennslayer that she looks good being in charge or whatever he said in episode one, but it's just as easy to assume that had nothing to do with gender and everything to do with him either sucking up to the judge to get his way, or complimenting his closest friend in the TVA. same thing with loki mentioning he's bi. it really wasn't that big of a point since the whole point of that episode is that he never loved ANYONE. the reason why it was so irritating is because the director made a huge deal out of it on social media but if you take that part out, it was almost a throwaway line and could have just been a goofy easter egg for how goofy the norse mythology version of loki is. dude changed gender and species on the regular.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That Kang was ridiculous. I hadn't realized he'd been cast so I guess nobody was surprised.
I'm assuming he was intentionally bizarre to contrast with the upcoming Conqueror version(s).

Wasn't Kang some descendant of Reed Richards? Or am i not remembering that right. I guess they change a lot of this stuff around. I don't remember Kang being exceptionally powerful most of the time.

In the comics, I'm not sure they've every actually said how far removed from Reed Kang is, but he is a descendant of Nathaniel Richards (after he made his way to the future), Reed's father, so he is a half brother or some kind of cousin.

And Johnathan Majors can definitely pull off an angry, violent man for when he is actually Kang

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not really.

If there's a TVA, it'd be working to preserve one sacred timeline. Nu-Moebius and co. are clearly stressed out about the fact that things just started to branch, so it seems only logical that the day before they were happily working away on preserving one single sacred timeline as mandated by their founder/mission/etc..

If anything, it suggests a later stage in the "resurrection" / "I'll just end up right back here" promise/prophesy of "He-who-remains-not-Kang". Another multiverse war happened and another Kang-Variant once again won and did the whole "let's reduce it to one timeline"-thing all over again.
Except now there there are multiple timelines, what’s to say they all don’t think theirs is the sacred one? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I see all the anti SJWs on YouTube are giving this bad reviews, why is that?

I think there's one diverse character too many (fat black lesbian TVA soldier) and the black TVA boss isn't a great actress, but they didn't ruin the show. Kang being black seems fine but I'll reserve judgement on his acting until his next appearance.
Maybe the Asians are giving it bad reviews now that black people seem to be occupying all of the diversity roles these days

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
How many shows/movies have relied on the "the masked person was a girl!!!!!" trope in the last 5 years?
They did a horrible job hiding it in Loki because they tried to hype her first anonymous fight scene up too much to the point that it was jarringly off tone. They would've never done that if the character turned out to be a dude

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I guess the thing is that men have a classic heroes journey so you like and respect them, women don't earn anything so you dislike them. It's like this IRL though.

So when they do these strong women characters, it's just advantageous to the male characters who get full character devleopment.

So yes I can see the two brown TVA strong women being problematic SJW plants, I really didn't like them, but it just made me like Owen Wilson more because he had to struggle to deal with them.

Sylvie wasn't as good as she could have been, she beat people in fights too easily, but she did have some struggle so whatever, I sort of like her.

It's not like Batwomen where it's 100% "strong women".
The thing about SJWs is that they not only want to portray strong females, they want to deconstruct and destroy males and masculinity. So they dont just write strong female characters, they write stories where men are stupid, useless, and limp wristed faggots. Take Loki, the god of mischief and deception, a god who on many occasions fooled an entire echelon of gods that is Asgard. Are we really to believe that in a middle of rescuing himself from an apocalyptic event, he would get drunk on a train and blow his cover? How about the kiss in the end? Who initiated. the female? Total fucking fantasy. What about having Sylvie atone for their crimes in some fashion? No? Why only Loki? Why is Sylvie murdering people for eons not an issue that is discussed at length over and over? How about the fact that it in the last episode we have a male trying to talk sense into a violent female? Something so unbelievable that it does not exist in any story in history. Every episode is full of shit like this and that means it is written this way on purpose and that is why this show is trash and the only thing that is even remotely interesting is a fucking alligator.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the series overall, but lots of low points. Still wayy better than the other two series.

Sylvie acting was meh, never really good or too bad. I liked kang's acting style, crazy person at the end of time.. The Black soldier chick was awful. I hope she does not have a larger role next season, so she probably will.

All the plot holes were not tooo bad for one season of time travel. But next season they have a Much much higher chance of writing garbage, than following up on.. Anything in an interesting way.