Loki

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Honestly the one thing that scrambles my mind... is all about the new TVA that loki was sent into... everything else is really not that relevant.... I don't think it makes sense that there are0 multiple TVAs... a TVA existing implies a Kang that is taking over all other time lines, right?
There isn't a new TVA. If you keep in mind that the TVA lock the memories of the Variants they recruit, then the fact that the New Management TVA has nobody remembering Loki's previous work is easy to explain. Same TVA, different directives (and a mind-wipe so that they don't question too much how they went from agressively pruning branches to keeping some around).

I also have a variant hypothesis: Kang-in-charge kept fake Timekeepers as the public facade of management while he was pulling up strings. So, the new face of the management is now Kang's, which might mean that someone else... Sylvie is in fact now using the TVA...

I keep saying it would be far more twisted and dramatic to have Loki sees Sylvie's face on the statue. "Wait, she said she was going for option #1, killing him, but once she chucked me out, she went for #2, being in charge... did she... betray me?" while we, show watchers, know it was option 1 all along. That would make sense if you had a Loki show full of twist and lies. But alas, you have a show that's being used to introduce the big bad of Phase 4, which means they're sacrificing the story for the MCU...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I keep saying it would be far more twisted and dramatic to have Loki sees Sylvie's face on the statue. "Wait, she said she was going for option #1, killing him, but once she chucked me out, she went for #2, being in charge... did she... betray me?" while we, show watchers, know it was option 1 all along. That would make sense if you had a Loki show full of twist and lies. But alas, you have a show that's being used to introduce the big bad of Phase 4, which means they're sacrificing the story for the MCU...

Sure. Nice ending. But one that would've implied that there is no big multivers-ing of the MCU, but instead Sylvie took over and, for the rest of the MCU, the status quo from before the Loki show aired was repaired. Maybe some changes to the timeline, but in essence still a single time line.

Which would work as a self-contained story arc, except for the fact that we know they wanna multiverse it up in upcoming MCU movies.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
male trying to talk sense into an angry female is LITERALLY marriage. that does not portray women in a good light.
I did not say angry, I said violent. You sure you see men talk women out of violence often?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well your point comes from a strawman so it's invalid? That seems like a change
strawman? my point was that the show did NOT paint the female characters as woke saviors, in fact the opposite.

Malkav

French Madman
strawman? my point was that the show did NOT paint the female characters as woke saviors, in fact the opposite.

Sylvie was depicted as an hysterical maniac that'd risk a multiversal war just to get her revenge and that couldn't be reasoned with. Such a woke savior.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean it's sort of a mixed bag, prior to her going full retard at the end she was a consummate badass and Loki was a bit of a buffoon.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
not really a big surprise, Loki really kickstarting phase 4

Dr. Strange and Ant Man 3 will obviously be the big next ones, but I wonder if Shang Chi and Eternals will play into it at all

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
not really a big surprise, Loki really kickstarting phase 4
Yeah I'm assuming the Kang is the new Thanos, I think it's a great setup for a villian and quite original on film, he's just a man with 1000 years advanced technology, but he exists in infinite timelines which I assume he will be able to cross, so you can't get rid of him.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never read the multiverse comics but the animated spiderman was pretty good. If theyre going to have a lot of the older actors come back ( aka toby ) it could be awesome

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Loki himself didn't really seem to integral to most of the plot. Outside of Sylvie needing a little extra "enchanting" boost or whatever he could have not been in the show at all and we'd be in the same place.

It's nice that it at least has an effect on the MCU, unlike Falcon and the Winter Soldier where him taking up the shield is where we already thought we were after Endgame.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
The Russo brothers (Infinity War, EndGame) have also said the only reason they would return to do a MCU movie is if they could do secret wars, which I believe is sort of an endpoint for multiverse? They've got a pretty good setup right now of Kang as either a mid point or end point phase 4 villain and could bring in Galactus or Secret Wars as needed, in a 2 or even 3 parts "Avengers + X-Men + Eternals + anyone else" phase 4 wrapup movie series. It would blow Infinity War out of the water in complexity, but that could also be a giant trap of "this shit is way too complicated for casuals".

Thats 2015 Secret Wars though, i don't think the OG Secret Wars (Beyonder) involved multiverse but i dont really remember it, its the only big comic series i ever read as a kid

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The Russo brothers (Infinity War, EndGame) have also said the only reason they would return to do a MCU movie is if they could do secret wars, which I believe is sort of an endpoint for multiverse? They've got a pretty good setup right now of Kang as either a mid point or end point phase 4 villain and could bring in Galactus or Secret Wars as needed, in a 2 or even 3 parts "Avengers + X-Men + Eternals + anyone else" phase 4 wrapup movie series. It would blow Infinity War out of the water in complexity, but that could also be a giant trap of "this shit is way too complicated for casuals".

Thats 2015 Secret Wars though, i don't think the OG Secret Wars (Beyonder) involved multiverse but i dont really remember it, its the only big comic series i ever read as a kid

The OG Secret wars did involve the Beyonder, and I believe when they happened it was explained that he was essentially a sentient Cosmic Cube, and the accident which created The Molecule Man poked a pinprick between our multiverse and his, where he was everything. He was curious so he came through the pin hole and into our multiverse. It's a tiny bit complicated and insane in the way comics in the 80's and 90's were....

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The OG Secret wars did involve the Beyonder, and I believe when they happened it was explained that he was essentially a sentient Cosmic Cube, and the accident which created The Molecule Man poked a pinprick between our multiverse and his, where he was everything. He was curious so he came through the pin hole and into our multiverse. It's a tiny bit complicated and insane in the way comics in the 80's and 90's were....

Yeah that stuff's way too out there for the MCU. The Beyonder is definitely a huge step up in power and threat from Thanos, but a literally unbeatable villain you have to hope turns himself into a mortal infant out of boredom is a pretty unsatisfying ending

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loki himself didn't really seem to integral to most of the plot. Outside of Sylvie needing a little extra "enchanting" boost or whatever he could have not been in the show at all and we'd be in the same place.

It's nice that it at least has an effect on the MCU, unlike Falcon and the Winter Soldier where him taking up the shield is where we already thought we were after Endgame.

Hey we did get another supersoldier out of Falcon and WS, US Agent guy running around thinking he's still good.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished this a few days ago. Pretty boring, had to force ourselves to finish it. It had some decent moments but overall it just wasn’t very good. I hated the final guy. A lot of this shit was just too forced, Loki and Sylvia had no chemistry. The alligator and old Loki were the better couple. The kid Loki was awful too, his overly long, lame pose after he gave Loki the sword was cringe.

• 1Like