Loki

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He Who Remains wasn’t the baddest Kang, just the one who discovered a WMD and wiped out everyone with it.

Also, anyone get Slyvie=Thor parallels? Thor chops off Thanos head without thinking, Sylvie kills variant Kang without thinking. Both actions result in worse shit happening

What? Please explain what worse shit happened because Thor decapitated Thanos

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Honestly the one thing that scrambles my mind... is all about the new TVA that loki was sent into... everything else is really not that relevant.... I don't think it makes sense that there are0 multiple TVAs... a TVA existing implies a Kang that is taking over all other time lines, right?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it's necessarily that there are multiple TVAs existing simultaneously, akin to multiple timelines (strap in, I'm going to do time travel mechanics; shit's going to get stupid). The TVA and Kang's hideout exist outside linear time, making the causality of Kang creating the TVA all fucky; Kang didn't really create the TVA in the past, because 'the past' doesn't exist in whatever pocket dimension the TVA exists, just an eternal 'now'. Instead, it might be more correct to say that Kang is eternally in the process of creating the TVA, while the TVA in eternally in the process of being created. Killing Kang disrupts that, and now the TVA has now never existed. However, killing Morally Dubious Kang allowed a different, Overtly Evil Kang to come out on top of their conflict and takes his place; he in turn creates the TVA again (just one that fulfills his particular goals). But since, again, causality is all fucky in this scenario, new Kang and the new TVA have now existed eternally in their current incarnations; Loki is now sitting in the only TVA that has ever existed.

In other words, rather than a branching timeline in which all possibilities exist in one branch or another, this is a case of the singular point that is the TVA being deleted and replaced with another one.

Yay, time travel mechanics.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The thing about SJWs is that they not only want to portray strong females, they want to deconstruct and destroy males and masculinity. So they dont just write strong female characters, they write stories where men are stupid, useless, and limp wristed faggots. Take Loki, the god of mischief and deception, a god who on many occasions fooled an entire echelon of gods that is Asgard. Are we really to believe that in a middle of rescuing himself from an apocalyptic event, he would get drunk on a train and blow his cover? How about the kiss in the end? Who initiated. the female? Total fucking fantasy. What about having Sylvie atone for their crimes in some fashion? No? Why only Loki? Why is Sylvie murdering people for eons not an issue that is discussed at length over and over? How about the fact that it in the last episode we have a male trying to talk sense into a violent female? Something so unbelievable that it does not exist in any story in history. Every episode is full of shit like this and that means it is written this way on purpose and that is why this show is trash and the only thing that is even remotely interesting is a fucking alligator.
male trying to talk sense into an angry female is LITERALLY marriage. that does not portray women in a good light.

the show also made it look like the variant loki was actually growing as an individual, instead of sylvie who was buddy buddy with variant loki RIGHT up until some dude she never met made the TINIEST comment about variant loki being untrustworthy and then sylvie irrationally flies off the handle and starts gaslighting variant loki.

in fact, outside of hunter b15 (or whatever her name was) every other female on the show had zero growth and either became or maintained a bad guy persona.

the woke crowd hurt you so bad you're jumping at shadows

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

I don't think it's necessarily that there are multiple TVAs existing simultaneously, akin to multiple timelines (strap in, I'm going to do time travel mechanics; shit's going to get stupid). The TVA and Kang's hideout exist outside linear time, making the causality of Kang creating the TVA all fucky; Kang didn't really create the TVA in the past, because 'the past' doesn't exist in whatever pocket dimension the TVA exists, just an eternal 'now'. Instead, it might be more correct to say that Kang is eternally in the process of creating the TVA, while the TVA in eternally in the process of being created. Killing Kang disrupts that, and now the TVA has now never existed. However, killing Morally Dubious Kang allowed a different, Overtly Evil Kang to come out on top of their conflict and takes his place; he in turn creates the TVA again (just one that fulfills his particular goals). But since, again, causality is all fucky in this scenario, new Kang and the new TVA have now existed eternally in their current incarnations; Loki is now sitting in the only TVA that has ever existed.

In other words, rather than a branching timeline in which all possibilities exist in one branch or another, this is a case of the singular point that is the TVA being deleted and replaced with another one.

Yay, time travel mechanics.
this is also interesting because what we can assume is that episode 1-5 TVA, Kang was pruning timelines specifically to avoid creating more kangs. a bunch of the easter eggs in episode 5 were kang references, as in, He Who is Left was actively chucking kang variants into the void. but in the comics, everytime kang time travelled he created another kang which ended up becoming the time travel counsel (whatever it's called, i'm blanking) where the members are just a bunch of kangs.

it could be that episode 6 TVA is led by a kang that isn't trying to avoid more kangs from showing up, so he's not concerned with timeline pruning the way He Who is Left was.

and yes, the TVA seems to sit adjacent to the multiverse so maybe there's only one no matter what happens or who is in charge.

Rude

Potato del Grande
you mean compared to him being a good guy prior to seeing that?
I guess I would consider destroying the entire universe worse than half of the universe's population but I see that you've really thought this through.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I guess I would consider destroying the entire universe worse than half of the universe's population but I see that you've really thought this through.

Since he was decapitated nobody was snapped and all the snapped returned. Not sure where you getting that the whole universe was destroyed.

So the terrible terrible things that happened was that Thanos got mad?

Rude

Potato del Grande
Since he was decapitated nobody was snapped and all the snapped returned. Not sure where you getting that the whole universe was destroyed.

So the terrible terrible things that happened was that Thanos got mad?
I would consider his motives worse, sure. Were they realized? No. But since we're splitting hairs here his original goal wasn't achieved, either. And on that note, being a sociopath with an idea of reaching equilibrium is less worse than being a psychopath wanting to burn everything down. But he was probably mad in both instances, although more mad after seeing his death.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

I would consider his motives worse, sure. Were they realized? No. But since we're splitting hairs here his original goal wasn't achieved, either. And on that note, being a sociopath with an idea of reaching equilibrium is less worse than being a psychopath wanting to burn everything down. But he was probably mad in both instances, although more mad after seeing his death.
He wasn't mad about seeing his death though. He was happy about the whole thing because he completed his plan. In fact, he was proud of nebula for having the balls to take part in the event that killed him. "Perhaps I've judged you too harshly" meant that gamora was his favorite, but at the end of the day nebula was there when he died, not gamora.

Thanos was NEVER concerned with dying and recognized that there would be repercussions for all the things he did/was going to do. He was completely at peace with that.

The reason he changed his mind to killing more than half was because he knew they'd just keep fighting to reverse what he'd done. He didn't care about killing EVERYONE, he still wanted half, but wanted to specifically target earth because the people FROM earth just kept fighting him. He was still halving everywhere else. And he didn't even decide that until the end when they were all fighting him

Legitimately seeing Thor lop off his head meant nothing to him

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Except now there there are multiple timelines, what’s to say they all don’t think theirs is the sacred one? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because they would prune any competing TVA (if the TVA is even "inside" any given timeline ... I thought it kinda sat outside like the Citadel).

Of course, assuming there'd be multitudes of variant multiverses full of TVAs full of variants that think they pruned all the multverse down to a single time-line (variant-ception?), it's possible, but going by the exposition of the show itself, the TVA was established after Kang destroyed/pruned all alternative timelines and set up the TVA to manage a single one (sacred or not is just the propaganda for the staff).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The central premise of the last discussion not-Kang had with them both was flawed to fuck though.

I mean, he'd dedicated his entire life to eradicating all the other Kangs and setting up the TVA to protect the universe only to sit there and let Sylvie perforate him.

I don't accept the boredom excuse. The resolve one being would have to possess to accomplish all of that work is just too vast to go, "L0lz! Gratz on making it here, you can kill me and undo all my work and sacrifice kthnx!".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Because they would prune any competing TVA (if the TVA is even "inside" any given timeline ... I thought it kinda sat outside like the Citadel).

Of course, assuming there'd be multitudes of variant multiverses full of TVAs full of variants that think they pruned all the multverse down to a single time-line (variant-ception?), it's possible, but going by the exposition of the show itself, the TVA was established after Kang destroyed/pruned all alternative timelines and set up the TVA to manage a single one (sacred or not is just the propaganda for the staff).

Yes, they would prune them, but since all these other timelines just now came into being, would have have had time to do so yet? And if they had been, I'm sure they would be. While all these new branches exist through out all of time....they just happened just now.

This is why time is dumb and should be avoided in all stories.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The central premise of the last discussion not-Kang had with them both was flawed to fuck though.

I mean, he'd dedicated his entire life to eradicating all the other Kangs and setting up the TVA to protect the universe only to sit there and let Sylvie perforate him.

I don't accept the boredom excuse. The resolve one being would have to possess to accomplish all of that work is just too vast to go, "L0lz! Gratz on making it here, you can kill me and undo all my work and sacrifice kthnx!".
Because it wouldn't really undo his work, there would be another multiverse war yes but then he'd just end up as He Who Remains again.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I agree completely. While I like the ending overall and the way it sets up the multiverse stuff, Kangs motivations make no sense.

I get that he would consider his revelations a good strategy to protect him. But once it became clear Sylvie wasnt having it, what then? he just gives up? So what if its inevitable that he wins again and becomes He Who Remains again. He still has to go through the stabby part and the re-fighting the multiverse war parts.

If they're gonna play the "I'm so tired of eternal life" card they really needed to set it up more than that 5 minute conversation.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree completely. While I like the ending overall and the way it sets up the multiverse stuff, Kangs motivations make no sense.

I get that he would consider his revelations a good strategy to protect him. But once it became clear Sylvie wasnt having it, what then? he just gives up? So what if its inevitable that he wins again and becomes He Who Remains again. He still has to go through the stabby part and the re-fighting the multiverse war parts.

If they're gonna play the "I'm so tired of eternal life" card they really needed to set it up more than that 5 minute conversation.
The gambit was that he could get them to take over the TVA for him. If he failed he'd just end up back where he was. Once they passed 'the threshold' he not only no longer knew how things would go, but apparently lost his timey wimey powers too.

I agree that what they're doing is too complex to convey well in a single 6 episode season but I still think it's the least bad of the D+ shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The gambit was that he could get them to take over the TVA for him. If he failed he'd just end up back where he was. Once they passed 'the threshold' he not only no longer knew how things would go, but apparently lost his timey wimey powers too.

I agree that what they're doing is too complex to convey well in a single 6 episode season but I still think it's the least bad of the D+ shows.
I know, but they still failed to set up his motivation. Not surprising since they introduce him in the same scene where they killed him off.

Hi I'm the being in charge of the Multiverse and I fought a huge battle to win this throne but the minute you first see me I'm busy trying to give it away.

No question about it, its my favorite of the MCU shows. Good stuff. Just too short.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Series was good imo but I think the most ridiculous thing for me, which is more a fault of the comic writers than the show, is how an earthly mortal can somehow become immortal, control time, "see" everything, remember everything, somehow make infinity stones impotent, somehow be more powerful than any of the MCU Gods/Deities

I know you can explain away a lot of things simply with time manipulation and/or multiple dimensions, but it still makes no sense to me. However, I really did enjoy the show and I thought Majors did a great job as Kang/He Who Remains.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda enjoyed like the other shows. They all have been very similar to me though, with some pretty good stuff mixed in with some really uninteresting stuff.

The biggest issue I have with this and the other shows is that they are obviously there to "setup" stuff for the MCU. While the shows have had an arc with beginning, middle and an ending...I feel like the real payoff has been left for the movies.