Loki

Cybsled

The underlying feelings were there. They have to accelerate it a bit, ya, but imagine if you saw a highlight reel of your life and all the major shit. See you gaining things you always wanted, losing the things you loved because of your actions, then getting murdered by the dude you decided to work for. That would be like a religious experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
EFAP crew spent ~2 hours bitching about how the time cops undermine everything the MCU has built so far since they determine the choices people will make. But, unless I missed it, absolutely no one has mentioned it here.

What am I missing?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The underlying feelings were there. They have to accelerate it a bit, ya, but imagine if you saw a highlight reel of your life and all the major shit. See you gaining things you always wanted, losing the things you loved because of your actions, then getting murdered by the dude you decided to work for. That would be like a religious experience.

Also, Loki's been around for hundreds (thousands?) of year. Death always happened to other people. Thor says something like that too in a recent movie. Loki probably was shocked seeing himself actually die, previously he'd never believed that it could happen to him.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't be surprised if Owen Wilson is the one trying to bring the multiverse back because he hates his job or something. He's manipulating Loki to cause it to happen.

• 1Blown
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EFAP crew spent ~2 hours bitching about how the time cops undermine everything the MCU has built so far since they determine the choices people will make. But, unless I missed it, absolutely no one has mentioned it here.

What am I missing?
People were complaining about Cap going back for awhile now and how they completely underwrote the level of timeline cleanup that would be required because it is not as simple as slipping pocket sized stones back into place. Think it was HISHE who made a video detailing how ridiculous it would be. TVA being the ones to run the complicated cleanup so it doesn't spiral out of control makes sense and at least appears they don't get involved until people start warping the universe with infinity stones and other magical objects.

But it is the same problem with any time travel from the future or beings existing outside of time vs free will. They already saw how the story goes and ends but then there's mystical forks in the road resulting in parallel universes/timelines and their mandate is kill first and ask zero questions.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The guys from Mr Sunday Movies talked about this in their Ep 1 review. Their theory is that the 3 Time Keepers may have just decided that this was the best 'sacred' timeline and are evil entities that have taken away free will. They also said that maybe there are no Time Keepers and that the whole time cop organization has been a ruse to undermine free will. They think that this series is going to reintroduce free will into the MCU and lead into Dr. Strange with this new multiverse at play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy

What am I missing?

The show is pretty explicit that they don't give a shit what happens as long as timelines don't get crossed/tampered with via outside means

Cybsled

What am I missing?

They don’t determine it directly, they just ensure the linear timeline remains how it should be. However, free will clearly exists or there would be no deviants

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not sure if i am digging this.

Time police seems poorly implemented. Are those cops just humans in a pocket dimension with zap sticks?
Paper documents? WTF i dont know i am just not buying the world building so far.

I like Owen Wilson and Tom so will keep going.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
so the question is...wtf is going on.

most everything seen in the trailes prior to yesterday were in episode 1.

we know loki is going to be helping mobius hunt....another version of Loki.

the question is; Does loki-ultimately- CAUSE the multiverse to form by destroying the sacred timeline/TVA during his misadventures?

we do know - supposedly that wandavision, this and the next spiderman movie lead directly to Dr. Strange 2 the multiverse of madness.

and Loki is not Gender Fluid...he is whatever gender his current form is. MALE most of the time. this one time though he was a female HORSE......and he is apparently anti-abortion.

• 1Garbage

gak

<Gold Donor>
o.jpg

Loki: Ok, I've finally learned that murdering is what weak people do to scare others and make them feel small.
Owen: Yes, murder is just a desperate play for control.

Loki: So what happens since all the avengers were screwing around with the sacred timeline and I just picked up the tesseract and boogied ?
Owen: We send you back to be murdered by thanos.

Loki: And what happens if I line up to see the time judge and don't grab a ticket ?
Owen: We murder you.

Loki: And what happens when I escape from this room ?
Owen: Our wakandan security guard tries to murder you with her pruning stick, and almost murders the clerk by accident too.

Loki: And what if I'm just a cyborg that wants to be left alone ?
Owen: We have a machine you must walk through that murders you, literally melts you from the inside-out.

l.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

In their eyes, it isn’t murder - it is a correction. “You” are still alive, they’re just erasing the “you” that isn’t following the path laid out.

Same kind of thinking of a certain FF14 antagonist who doesn’t consider murdering billions as murder, because he never even acknowledged them as being alive to begin with

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
What if Loki -the bad one- IS Loki from episode 1, just from a bit further in the future...........

• 3Like

Caliane

Anyone considering the time keeper shit is entirely meta?

I mean, you guys remember this shit? theres literally a planned timeline.. they know the names and dates of movies... before they even hire writers for the movies..

iu

iu

DC tends to do it more. story lines are quite often not so subtle jabs at business practices, etc.
must read:

Marvel doesn't to it as much.. but they do.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
What if Loki -the bad one- IS Loki from episode 1, just from a bit further in the future...........
I think there's a good chance that almost everything talked about as if it was the past (the multiverse going into chaos, the time lizards fixing it, etc) all happens in the future, and some of it may be seen or caused by future marvel shows/movies (Multiverse of Madness, Secret Wars).

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The shoulders of the opponent seemed feminine to me (e.g. Lady Loki), but Richard E Grant is also in this, and I can't imagine who he would be other than Old Loki. What order any of those three are in the timeline, I couldn't tell you.

And yeah, you would have to think the show ends with (some) Loki creating chaos for the sake of freedom (and setting up Spider-Man / Doctor Strange), but even the unfairly maligned Dark World had plots within plots. Maybe Lady Loki is working for the timekeepers of another timeline, and their war isn't as over as they think? The whole point of stealing the branch charges would be to use them at some other point - like changing the timeline from the current one to one where other people win.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can't help but think the Time control cops are villains. I mean they are effectively enslaving everyone by removing free will. Hopefully Loki destroys them.

Owen Wilson is pretty good in this so far.

• 3Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They don’t determine it directly, they just ensure the linear timeline remains how it should be. However, free will clearly exists or there would be no deviants

But they kill the deviants...thus eliminate any exercise or consequence of free will. Its like the long way of eliminating free will.

• 3Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For what it's worth, it's pretty clear that the middle time lord is Kang the conqueror. In the animated Hannah Barbara explanation video he even looks like the actor they cast for Kang (who is slated to show up in the next antman and wasp movie).

So that being said I think it's pretty clear that by the end of the show SOMETHING is going to happen with the tva that causes it to lose power (hence Dr strange and the multiverse of madness).

There will probably some lesson about the dichotomy between the chaos of free will and the order of predestination how how order and chaos are very different from good and evil

• 2Like