Loki

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Great backdrop as always if you're into the look. Some catching up of the side characters and introducing Ke Huy Quan but no sign of Majors yet. Hints at elements to be introduced in later eps. Decently solid but relies on the environment to be gripping since it only sets the stage and doesn't tell any of the story yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i'm going to concede that this was excessively and distractingly expository but I fucking love the weird Marvel shit. This is just a level up from season one, despite the aforementioned glaring issue. Acting on point, as expected from the stacked cast on this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nope, waiting for the whole series to be out so I can binge it.
yep, thats what i did for s1. was a lot more fun that way. some of these episodes end in shitty situations that by no rights should be making you wait a week for the next part.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston have amazing chemistry and they are leaning more on Wilsons strengths so it feels funnier. The time slipping is a neat effect, it looks weird, leads to weird situations and plays on the strengths of weird Marvel which has also been when its at its best.

This show was one of the bright spots post Endgame and it looks like it will continue. I liked season 1, even insane Kang as I felt it fit noone is supposed to live as long as he did. This feels like they are leaning more on what worked, and clipping what didnt so I expect this season to be better. Also Short Round played it perfectly, he feels like a dude that has been in the TVA forever, it was great.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If alligator Loki isn't in this season then it's just as trash as 99% of season 1.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Great first episode. Still the best thing Marvel as done since Endgame.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty good first episode, not going to get my hopes up. Maybe my second favorite episode of the series

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah episode 1 was pretty good, Ke Huy Quan aka Shortround from Indiana Jones aka oscar winning star from Everything Everywhere All At Once was awesome as Ouroboros, show is a nice break from the recent run of shitty CGI and pointless, badly done fight scenes in recent Disney shows/movies. Just good actors having small arcs. The scene where OB, Loki, and Morbius are just talking and figuring out time hijiinks was better than 90% of Marvel stuff done in the past 4 years.

I'm not exactly sure what the main plot of the season is, like what does Loki want other than to find Sylvie, but enjoyable first episode. Hopefully it stays focused on Loki and Morbius (OB s a great addition) and doesn't become the Sylvie show.

Lotta good mysteries coming out of the episode though to run through the rest of the season, like who was it that attacked/pruned at the end, and what the fuck is up with Broxton. I hope the show got a lot of money for the blatant McDonalds advertising in the stinger lol

I'm really on the fence whether this show should try to setup Kang for their next shitty movie or just sorta step around it and focus on smaller stuff. Obviously it'd be nice to setup the big bad but I don't really have any confidence in Kang as a villain anymore.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"You have one hour..."

Thud

"You have five minutes..."

I am intrigued by the craziness of it all. I am interested in how everything comes together. So far so good.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"You have one hour..."

Thud

"You have five minutes..."

I am intrigued by the craziness of it all. I am interested in how everything comes together. So far so good.
It's marvel/Disney everything they have done sucks outside of "what if" lately.

spronk

FPS noob

mando s3 was #1 over 3 days, ahsoka had 15m views over 5 days and is probably #3

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Surprised people are so high on episode 1.

They started it off with a filler episode where a brand new problem is created and then solved and we're pretty much exactly where we were when we started. We did get some jarring McDonalds product placement, though

• 1Picard