Lords of the Fallen

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC and PS5 versions should be fine by the time it unlocks. Xbox version does not have a day 1 patch, it either didn't pass cert or they just didn't submit it in time. They said it'll be available "in the coming days" which says to me that the game isn't a priority to MS and nobody's going to be working over the weekend just to get it through cert quickly.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If this performs in the market like the first one, you'll be able to pick it up for 30-40% off in 2 months.

Argarth

On the verandah
Not a good start...

1697211177309.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Zero performance problems for me. Great game.

It uses your character on the login screen which is cool.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Very early for me, just started the game, but:

No performance problems other than I had screen tearing. Vsync in game didn't do anything, just said "on" without being able to change it. Forced it through the nvidia panel, and it's gone now.

Playing in 4k, everything ultra / on, except motion blur. Set it to 60fps and it doesn't dip below it. Turning off framerate limits puts me at around 140-160. Using 4090 though, so it shouldn't have any problems.

Only issues
- First time loading into the game it probably compiles shaders or something. It loads at 2-5 fps for 20ish seconds. Starting the game after that it just loads right in after a few seconds.
- Controller issues
---- Need to disable controller input (right click name of game in steam, properties, controller, disable) to get playstation icons in the game (using a DS5)
--- I tried to use some notes / maps I found and couldn't? Pressing X on the icon just opens up a menu where all the options like "use" and such are greyed out. See some people mention that in the negative reviews

Issue of me being bad and having trouble with the first boss. Tough I can't blame the game for that I guess....

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game looked pretty fun from what I saw of streamers playing it, if it can keep up that quality for a decent length souls game (at least 50 hours imo), I'll be interested in playing it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Got a huge sword wrapped in thorns with 300 bleed, played it all day yesterday and hit level 90. Does shit scale with you or did I miss a path? Fuck the area next to the blacksmith which apparently bugged out and doesn't do anything back at camp. 3 casters three dudes with maces and shields and two giant sword users. I can run past them but...no.

Sekiro was easier.

The good is it is basically dark souls 3 with more basic moves but less innate abilities on weapons. Loving the real time world switching, and the world itself is interesting.

Pretty sure I missed a path because haven't fought a boss in 40-50 levels.

Oh and their versions of mimics is fucking bullshit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Seems like the reviews of this game are all either A) It's awesome and a true new-gen Souslike, or B) It sucks Monkey Fuck

Not sure what to believe at the moment so I keep going back and forth about whether to get it / spend the time. I don't care about framerate, I do care about world/level design and how much fun it is compared to other Soulslikes.

Argarth

On the verandah
Seems like the reviews of this game are all either A) It's awesome and a true new-gen Souslike, or B) It sucks Monkey Fuck

Not sure what to believe at the moment so I keep going back and forth about whether to get it / spend the time. I don't care about framerate, I do care about world/level design and how much fun it is compared to other Soulslikes.
In a similar boat. Seems like the devs are really jumping on issues though, and it's had multiple patches already.
I do care about performance because I'm still on a 1080Ti/Ultrawide. Money isn't the issue, only game purchase since the beginning of the year was D4, lol.
However if it might run like ass on my rig, or I have to make it look like shit to get a decent frame rate, then I'll pass. Going to wait for more feedback to come in.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Did some back tracking and so far nothing I can find I missed it is just really fucking hard. These packs of dudes with dogs and double shooting archers on ledges everywhere is some shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Did some back tracking and so far nothing I can find I missed it is just really fucking hard. These packs of dudes with dogs and double shooting archers on ledges everywhere is some shit.
Git Gud!

Man that felt good, gonna ride that high for awhile. 😜

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Oh they gonna get it...just need to figure out a better strategy. Might have to try some spells and shit. Hit with big sword isn't really working.
Your pain couldn't be worse that my 10hours in the Tomb of Giants with no light. I will at this, once I got out of that bullshit the rest of the game almost felt trivial. I truly GotGud in the dark.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Really like this game. Started preacher and got pietas lightsaber and wrecking stuff now. Very good looking game runs great and handles well. Easily on par with the Nioh games and feels a lot like DS2 in some ways. Enjoying it more than lies of p.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Really like this game. Started preacher and got pietas lightsaber and wrecking stuff now. Very good looking game runs great and handles well. Easily on par with the Nioh games and feels a lot like DS2 in some ways. Enjoying it more than lies of p.

There's a lightsaber? Now I definitely want to play this. If it's a literal lightsaber I mean. I saw a boss that used a lightsaber in one of the clips I watched, I assume there's a connection.

Preacher is like the cleric type class I'm guessing? Gets cleric spells and can also fight to an extent?

I heard Partisan is the best class overall, can they use this lightsaber? Or is it better for Preacher (scales off the Faith equivalent?)

Ranger is the one that looks most like a Bloodborne character (and favors dexterity builds which I usually go for) so chances are I'll probably end up doing that unless Preacher can be played like a Paladin.

Also how many hours into the game is this lightsaber?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
There's a lightsaber? Now I definitely want to play this. If it's a literal lightsaber I mean. I saw a boss that used a lightsaber in one of the clips I watched, I assume there's a connection.

Preacher is like the cleric type class I'm guessing? Gets cleric spells and can also fight to an extent?

I heard Partisan is the best class overall, can they use this lightsaber? Or is it better for Preacher (scales off the Faith equivalent?)

Ranger is the one that looks most like a Bloodborne character (and favors dexterity builds which I usually go for) so chances are I'll probably end up doing that unless Preacher can be played like a Paladin.

Also how many hours into the game is this lightsaber?
It is just a holy sword not what you thinking. You get it early. First playthrough you always go based level cursed. In this case you get a cool helmet and dual fist weapons that are shitter buckets that poison.

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Very early for me, just started the game, but:

No performance problems other than I had screen tearing. Vsync in game didn't do anything, just said "on" without being able to change it. Forced it through the nvidia panel, and it's gone now.

Playing in 4k, everything ultra / on, except motion blur. Set it to 60fps and it doesn't dip below it. Turning off framerate limits puts me at around 140-160. Using 4090 though, so it shouldn't have any problems.

Only issues
- First time loading into the game it probably compiles shaders or something. It loads at 2-5 fps for 20ish seconds. Starting the game after that it just loads right in after a few seconds.
- Controller issues
---- Need to disable controller input (right click name of game in steam, properties, controller, disable) to get playstation icons in the game (using a DS5)
--- I tried to use some notes / maps I found and couldn't? Pressing X on the icon just opens up a menu where all the options like "use" and such are greyed out. See some people mention that in the negative reviews

Issue of me being bad and having trouble with the first boss. Tough I can't blame the game for that I guess....
No performance problems either (4070ti). It's a good game.

The maps are shown in your journal.