Losing your Job

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not that I'd trust those people but if nothing else, make them reschedule to work for you...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Have you ever had a boss that you just can't read? My boss has a poker face on 24/7. Nothing amuses this guy... He's all business.

I can at least read an emotional boss who gets pissed off every now and then, but this guy doesn't show anything. He's the most terrifying boss I've ever had.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Contract up late April, not sure if it'll be extended since the primary task I was originally hired to do is complete.

Resumes back in action

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
After a year and a half in a contract job I just accepted a new full-time position. Same money, 2 hours less driving.

Gonna miss this current place (minus one jerk).

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's a lot of time back into your day.

I'm so spoiled when it comes to my commute. I'm going to have a lot of difficulty adjusting if/when that changes.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I cut my commute from 4.5-5 hours down to 40 (total). It's insane..
I'm doing 90~105minutes now on avg, how the fuck did you 5 hours commuting?! Almost no job is worth that.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I know people that live around Philly and commute to Manhattan almost everyday. Sounds horrible.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
east coast worst coast. People are dumb.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
east coast worst coast. People are dumb.

They'd rather make a decent income then be milked in the center of the US. My commute is about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic via backroads. Wife's is 10 minutes.

PS: West Coast people commute like idiots well. 101 going north out of SF KEK.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah 101 traffic is fucking awful. I have to commute to the shitty Silicon Valley towns for client visits every other week or so. I always push to make them lunch time so I skip traffic both ways but sometimes I gotta deal with a 3pm-4pm meeting or something. Can take two hours to get back to SF. Can always take Caltrain but that thing only runs like once an hour at certain times of the day.

Vinen

God is dead
Yeah 101 traffic is fucking awful. I have to commute to the shitty Silicon Valley towns for client visits every other week or so. I always push to make them lunch time so I skip traffic both ways but sometimes I gotta deal with a 3pm-4pm meeting or something. Can take two hours to get back to SF. Can always take Caltrain but that thing only runs like once an hour at certain times of the day.

Sometimes when I'm out in Palo Alto I make the mistake of visiting friends in SF in the evening. Getting into the city off the 101... FML

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I did a 1.5 hour (each way) commute for almost 2 years. I worked 2nd shift though and 4x10 so I think that's what made it somewhat bearable. If I had to do that 5 days a week during normal hours I don't think I'd have made it more than a couple of months. Especially because that 1.5 hours with no traffic could easily turn into 3 when there was.

Aside from that job, I've never commuted more than 30 minutes each way. Currently it takes me about 20 to get work and several of those minutes are waiting to show my ID to get on base.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My commute is about 20 - 25 minutes each way. That's about as long as I can deal with right now. My last job was like 10 minutes. I could go home for lunch. It was the awesome. The one prior to that was an hour each way, in bumper to bumper. That shit sucked, but I did get into a lot of new music back then since I had so much time to listen to it!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know people that live around Philly and commute to Manhattan almost everyday. Sounds horrible.
40 dollars a day, 4hrs
634bbfb214f281e931bc8b6d7c1b4de9.png

verazzano is a one way toll from memory.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, I can't handle that much drive for work ever. I do have to deal with Chicago traffic from time to time, but that's the extreme max. Typically I'm within 15 minutes of where I need to be.

I wouldn't mind an hour and a half each way if I could do it on my motorcycle, but through big-city traffic? gross. I also just don't trust other drivers enough to relax and enjoy the drive if it's bumper to bumper.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Man, I can't handle that much drive for work ever. I do have to deal with Chicago traffic from time to time, but that's the extreme max. Typically I'm within 15 minutes of where I need to be.

I wouldn't mind an hour and a half each way if I could do it on my motorcycle, but through big-city traffic? gross. I also just don't trust other drivers enough to relax and enjoy the drive if it's bumper to bumper.
God works in mysterious ways, dork.