LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
vB9B5.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Lenas Lenas must defeat Richard Stallman in single combat in order to win the position. TWO DEVS ENTER! ONE DEV LEAVES!

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Next interview will be abstract and you have to record yourself interviewing yourself. One split will be you in one outfit and then answering in another. Everytime you answer a question you need to have a new outfit on or zany personal flair to pass.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
CEO didn't realize he double booked meetings so it got turned into a phone call with the dev I met before. As a probationary period he offered me either a take-home project or a month long in-office period. Told him I would prefer the latter to at least get up and running with team standards instead of just coding however I want. Will start in a week or two. Transition to real employee afterward assuming I don't blow anything up.

• 2Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
CEO didn't realize he double booked meetings so it got turned into a phone call with the dev I met before. As a probationary period he offered me either a take-home project or a month long in-office period. Told him I would prefer the latter to at least get up and running with team standards instead of just coding however I want. Will start in a week or two. Transition to real employee afterward assuming I don't blow anything up.
Employment is actually at the start of the probationary period though, right?

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Unknown if there will be a standard 90 day probation period after this first month/project contract. Probably.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I met 5 fucking people over three different interviews (Skype, no less) for an offer I turned down vs an offer I obtained after one in-person 15m interview. I believe the latter method is how hiring should work if it's a good fit for both parties.

While I agree entirely unfortunately the new hiring environment is chock full of these informal time-wasting-for-everyone interviews now. To some degree, I understand if it's a higher level position with relo involved, at least chat before spending the money on a plane ticket but some of them are nuts.

The worst one I've seen was at a job fair, one company had a team of low level employees interviewing people in the corner. I'm sure it's something they saw at a professional organization where like PEs would interview new college grads or something, but with these clowns they'd be fucking chatting like highschoolers and making wildly illegal statements about hiring and saying all this shit out loud about interviews lol.

• 2Like

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I got an interview to drive a trash truck. Glamorous I know, but the pay is solid and it's local and it's got set hours. All great shit. Anyone got any tips on how best to not wreck your back / shoulders? Maybe some kind of braces? I've seen way too many old factory guys with tore up rot. cuffs and slipped discs.

• 1Like

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
so im working in a warehouse with quotas, after a week I'm pretty sure they are going to fire at least 2 employees

I outproduced them within like 4 days of walking in off the street, feelsbad breaking up someones racket but what can ya do with all this white privilege

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
so im working in a warehouse with quotas, after a week I'm pretty sure they are going to fire at least 2 employees

I outproduced them within like 4 days of walking in off the street, feelsbad breaking up someones racket but what can ya do with all this white privilege

Obviously not a union shop

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
my back hurts, gonna be doing my homework much earlier me thinks

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider

You just haven't been mentally beaten down yet. Give it time. Most jobs got that wicked Samsara feel to them.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Confirmed FoH not blocked at work.

Great success!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If FoH was blocked that is damn near grounds for finding another job.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So they gave me the most expensive laptop I've ever touched.

But it's a goddamn Mac.

Sigh. I think when they see "designer" in your title they just assume "oh yeah ... get him a Mac"

I shouldn't complain. You should see the ancient garbage I've had to use in other groups.

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So they gave me the most expensive laptop I've ever touched.

But it's a goddamn Mac.

Sigh. I think when they see "designer" in your title they just assume "oh yeah ... get him a Mac"

I shouldn't complain. You should see the ancient garbage I've had to use in other groups.
Good luck right clicking