Losing your Job

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Backslash path separator puts Windows a distant third in my book. I'm glad they finally supported forward slash, but backwards compatibility is going to be a pain in the ass to support for decades to come.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So they gave me the most expensive laptop I've ever touched.

But it's a goddamn Mac.

Sigh. I think when they see "designer" in your title they just assume "oh yeah ... get him a Mac"

I shouldn't complain. You should see the ancient garbage I've had to use in other groups.

Beats getting a windows phone like I did once.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Who said anything about it being complicated? Its just annoying as fuck to maintain. Shit breaks all the damn time. And the interface is aids. No thnx.
You were talking about command line .... the interface is aids?!?! For command line?!?!

If it breaks, like I said, you need to just stick to Windows. OSX isn't some leet system because you have command line options that look like unix. It's training wheels on training wheels. Windows has actually a ton more functionality if you take the time to learn power shell. I hate Windows for any of that and I am saying that.

Jump into a real *nix system and stick with it and you would learn just how easy it can be when you don't give up instantly.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You were talking about command line .... the interface is aids?!?! For command line?!?!

If it breaks, like I said, you need to just stick to Windows. OSX isn't some leet system because you have command line options that look like unix. It's training wheels on training wheels. Windows has actually a ton more functionality if you take the time to learn power shell. I hate Windows for any of that and I am saying that.

Jump into a real *nix system and stick with it and you would learn just how easy it can be when you don't give up instantly.

I said the command line is the only thing of use on a mac? The attraction is command line plus a very usable UI. I just got tired of constantly having compatibility and drivers issues, nothing to do with giving up instantly wtf.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Osx isn't bad. Maybe 15 years ago it was terrible but it felt great when I used it last year.

• 1Like

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Thankfully, I sell overpriced shit to county government; I don't sell them macs cause its more money for the little shit they need.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Did the in person interview. Only rambled once. Went very well, now we wait. I left it all on the field, boys.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just had to press Command + Control + Shift + 3 to take a screenshot.

Is this Steve Jobs' idea of simplicity?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My son started a job last week. Got his first paycheck this week.

You'd think he was making six figures as happy as he was...Makes me so fucking proud.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Grats B.W. Powah Jr

I remember my first real job getting paid 5.95 / hour at a greenhouse. I spent it all on CDs.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I made $35/week to work 24/6 for 3 months at a time at age 15. First real job I made $3.35/hour. Yeah I'm old.

Did he do the "Wtf are these tax things? and FICA"

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had a paper route when I was like 12 or something and bought a dope ass Super Soaker once I had the cash flows. Fools got schooled.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My dad used to pay me a dollar a day to do ranch work. I should have called CPS on him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My childhood paper route sucked so bad. I think I made $8 for at least 4 hours of work.

Shit's criminal

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
funny seeing people bitch about using Mac's at work, my last job also only used Mac's

the mouses suck ass and the programs are clunky as hell

• 1Like

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, need some quick advice if anyone has time.

I applied for a few jobs a few weeks ago, basically have the job at Republic Services doing roll off dumpsters for SDI (subcontracted stuff) which is all fine and good but I've got another interview today with the Post Office. It's for part time work unfortunately, but I'd love to get full time there. I've talked to a few people who've gone part time to full time as a carrier for USPS and this is generally the route. How do I bring this up in the interview? Luckily (...) I'm a goddamn man-child and live at home with minimal expenses so I could afford the part time work for a while but I'm just getting too damn old for this. Do I take the sure thing or try to ride out the part time to full time at USPS? How do I bring this up in the interview?

Haven't received a job offer from Republic yet but it's being finalized by the recruiter atm. This should? be the only interview for this position as I've already done a few tests for USPS and they called me up to do an interview. I couldn't see a multiple round interview for such a small part time job.

edit: Interview is in ~ 2.5 hours :3