Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I dont read anything but on boss cutscenes its pretty funny. One of the first ones calls you a pussy or something lol

How's the latency on the Russian servers while connecting from the US? I played on the Korean servers for a couple months and while PVE was ok, PVP was impossible. Also, none of the constant reverification BS I hope?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Using Exitlag (i don't know if it really helps since my main VPN doesn't have Russian servers any more and have nothing to compare it to), i am getting averaging 150-160ms from the East Coast. Haven't tried pvp, so can't speak to playability with that latency but no problems with PvE,

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is mine

1573779129181.png

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
How's the latency on the Russian servers while connecting from the US? I played on the Korean servers for a couple months and while PVE was ok, PVP was impossible. Also, none of the constant reverification BS I hope?

Most NA players experience about 120-170 ping via VPN. It's definitely noticeable in PvP, especially depending on what class you're playing (Infighter would be almost impossible to play competitively). The RU Version doesn't have a verification at all, so no worries on the reverfication front.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I oscillate between 150-200 through Nord, pvp though as berserker would be a non-starter I think (infighter, ya would suck dicks). That said, as someone who doesn't pvp a ton the pve is a non-issue at my pings. Still loving this game up to ilvl 300+

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wow everyone has better ping than me. I'm playing from South Florida w/ NordVPN ...the Georgia and Ukraine servers are both 210-ish. If my ping goes up anymore than the low 200's its very noticeable.

Last edited:

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Wow everyone has better ping than me. I'm playing from South Florida w/ NordVPN ...the Georgia and Ukraine servers are both 210-ish. If my ping goes up anymore than the low 200's its very noticeable.
Exitlag has a 3 day free trial that doesn't require entering CC info, might be worth looking at. I live in N Florida and it seems to work great for me.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Same here I’m in South Florida and it’s fine, I’m just trying to get acclimated with the game so the ping doesn’t bother me. If you’re trying to PvP it for sure will be an issue.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Exitlag has a 3 day free trial that doesn't require entering CC info, might be worth looking at. I live in N Florida and it seems to work great for me.

I used exitlag for the KR servers and it worked well enough. Hopefully my normal VPN has good servers in Russia. Thanks for the replies.

• 1Solidarity

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I downloaded the game over the weekend and tried Exitlag's 3 day free trial. Living in Mass I got 125ping on average. I didn't really notice anything but was only playing PVE, I imagine PVP would be pretty bad

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying Exitlag and the app itself shows ~150 ping to Moscow but I can't see my ping in game. I'm curious because exitlag was showing a lower ping in its app than in game while playing league by about 10ms.

edit: finally found it (settings>gameplay>show/interface/show network latency)

And yeah my ping is a pretty steady ~140 now. I wish I knew about this before I bought five years of NordVPN. Not only was my ping about 70 higher but it was much less stable.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm trying Exitlag and the app itself shows ~150 ping to Moscow but I can't see my ping in game. I'm curious because exitlag was showing a lower ping in its app than in game while playing league by about 10ms.

There's an option in Settings, in game, that will show your ping on screen.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Played to 13 so far and did first dungeon. Pretty damn polished game so far, playing a blaster. I know they have shit for mobilitity and probably suck late game but figured i'd face dps shit while I learn the game.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Blasters are really decent in raids, chaos dungeons etc as ranged. I'm up to 300ish ilvl still (the grind is real) and am thinking of rerolling bard or blaster as Berserker, while fairly simple and effective is still in the melee mosh pit and it kinda sucks on end game bosses imo. Not terrible once you memorize boss patterns and such but ranged would just be SO much easier.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does monetization work in this game? It’s f2p isn’t it?

I’m seeing some kind of lootbox screen as loading now that I’m level 40 and you can buy a key in store that lets you open world chests.

Seems like it might be slightly p2w but not sure how deep.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
In order for a game to be p2w there has to be something to win. Only open world pvp is on like 1 island? And arena has some bolster mechanic. All gear upgrades are gated by acrasium. It's basically a co-op arpg with very boring, static loot. If you're doing a dungeon and one of your group members paid to be stronger than you, that doesn't hurt you, it helps you. The only thing I've seen people complain about is the side shop in the cash shop that has random shit and sometimes has acrasium.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You can get extra dungeon keys etc, and of course the cosmetics which are the best looking armor in the Russian OBT currently - one thing I do wish this game had that it will never have due to the systems in place is a more randomized, fun loot system - the upgrade path is okay, grindy and a guarantee but it isn't particularly fun.

ansar

Trakanon Raider
I can't seem to get past the phone verification when creating the mail.ru account. It keeps saying, "Server error, try again later". I have been trying for several days now, so I doubt their server is down.

Anyone have any advice for getting past the phone number verification?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't seem to get past the phone verification when creating the mail.ru account. It keeps saying, "Server error, try again later". I have been trying for several days now, so I doubt their server is down.

Anyone have any advice for getting past the phone number verification?

This happened to my buddies also and they said you need to register on the actual mail.ru site and not through the game.

PoE about to drop expac so I’m quitting this for now but I loved it. Some random notes -

PvP. PvE raid and dungeon are all viable paths to end game gear which I love.

There is so much to do for all types of players. Reminds me of ACO

Life skills - focus on one I fucked up and did 3 and you won’t have points