Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Regulus but I think its locked for new characters now.
Such injustice. Now Regulus/Una are paypig only servers and all of my poor working class friends who were waiting for F2P are segregated to the ghettos!? I hope commie twitter is doing something about this clear classism.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
3h and no update on servers - curious wtf could have happened..

Amazon happened. To be fair, it's partially Smilegate's fault. But, this is what happens when you rush a patch. Amazon has to find out there's an issue, talk to Smilegate, who makes a fix and sends it back with little to no testing, because Amazon has to have it RIGHT NOW.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pretty fun watching og Lost Ark streamers getting lots of attention. Only watching for paper hat but enjoying Kanon Stoopzz etc while waiting on patch

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
maybe they found the ark that was lost and then just called it a day and went offline

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm just watching Saintone first day videos to figure out what he was doing while I was playing, I see some aspects of stuff I didn't do, like upgrading my gear to purple with drops from abyssal dungeons, I only got like 12 or 15 currency or whatever and I assumed that wasn't enough to do anything without checking(like I thought it was the kind of thing where you just get x, and you need 3/5 x to get one piece, from the times you farmed the content for gear drops), but apparently I could have bought a full set, which has set bonuses, so gonna go check that out. Also I should have boosted my alts to 340+ to generate more stuff, I'll be doing that too with the shared mats. Oh and tower, should have been doing more tower too.

Anyway seeing some of the stuff he's doing I guess I'm not really that weak, it's just I do a bunch of content at ilvl, when I should probably be upgrading first. Like I did Rohendel at 460 and I should have just finished the islands, upgraded to 500, then rohendel to make it smoother. Then again I went to Rohendel asap cause I wanted to watch cutscenes/read the quests but still make it before I went to bed to get chaos dungeons going there, so wouldn't really have had time anyway.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
reyyd.png

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm just watching Saintone first day videos to figure out what he was doing while I was playing, I see some aspects of stuff I didn't do, like upgrading my gear to purple with drops from abyssal dungeons, I only got like 12 or 15 currency or whatever and I assumed that wasn't enough to do anything without checking(like I thought it was the kind of thing where you just get x, and you need 3/5 x to get one piece, from the times you farmed the content for gear drops), but apparently I could have bought a full set, which has set bonuses, so gonna go check that out. Also I should have boosted my alts to 340+ to generate more stuff, I'll be doing that too with the shared mats. Oh and tower, should have been doing more tower too.

Anyway seeing some of the stuff he's doing I guess I'm not really that weak, it's just I do a bunch of content at ilvl, when I should probably be upgrading first. Like I did Rohendel at 460 and I should have just finished the islands, upgraded to 500, then rohendel to make it smoother. Then again I went to Rohendel asap cause I wanted to watch cutscenes/read the quests but still make it before I went to bed to get chaos dungeons going there, so wouldn't really have had time anyway.

Just want to help clarify: doing the Abyss dungeons will net you enough mats to make a full set. Regardless of the ilvl your current gear is, you should be switching to this set (it's purple and thus has more stats before even factoring in the set bonuses). You can transfer the ilvl of your chaos gear to this set.

We discussed it in Discord but tower can also be done on your alt rather than your main. The reasoning for this is, subsequent runs at tower will reward mats rather than the initial rewards that are mostly account bound stuff. It's a small min/max.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Wtf Saintone already at 1000 gs….

You only need to hit 600 Ilvl to get to the next tier. At that point, it's a reset of gear (similar to what occurred when you unlocked T1) and the chaos dungeon will drop 800+ gear, which you'll have enough mats to take you to 1k from the islands done earlier. The gap between someeone like Saint and several people in the guild (that are 500+) is half a day at most.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just want to help clarify: doing the Abyss dungeons will net you enough mats to make a full set. Regardless of the ilvl your current gear is, you should be switching to this set (it's purple and thus has more stats before even factoring in the set bonuses). You can transfer the ilvl of your chaos gear to this set.

We discussed it in Discord but tower can also be done on your alt rather than your main. The reasoning for this is, subsequent runs at tower will reward mats rather than the initial rewards that are mostly account bound stuff. It's a small min/max.
Yeah I know now about abyss dungeon, it's just my bad for not checking the vendor, I put the mats in my chest and didn't bother checking. I have 1piece from the set that dropped directly and just thought it was a farm over time kind of thing rather than something you can switch to instantly, so yeah I'll be doing that asap.

For tower I also know that but I'll be doing it on my main first, to unlock mats for my alts instead. My main already gets plenty of mats from all the islands and the welcome challenge shit anyway, mostly I've been getting fucked by harmony shards(the account shared thing) so it doesn't matter who does what for these since they're all shared. I'll grab the skill pot from lvl 20 while I'm at it, and finish it once I'm in T2 or something since 802 or whatever Yorn gives will make it easier.

Can't you buy gear with cash? or am I thinking a different game.
You can buy some mats with blue crystals from Mari, but it's a small amount every day, and he's only been using the crystals he got from buying the platinum pack to buy these(about 70$ worth). He said he doesn't intend on spending any more money on the western version than what he started with in the pack, cause he wants to use all his money on KR stuff anyway.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can't you buy gear with cash? or am I thinking a different game.

No. Mari's shop is available however, even if you bought every single rotation of the shop, it would be worth about 1 ilvl increase attempt from 14 to 15 for each piece. The value would also be negligible (we're talking gems that you could farm in game worth rather than needing cash). You can't buy gear through the cash shop.

You can buy some mats with blue crystals from Mari, but it's a small amount every day, and he's only been using the crystals he got from buying the platinum pack to buy these(about 70$ worth). He said he doesn't intend on spending any more money on the western version than what he started with in the pack, cause he wants to use all his money on KR stuff anyway.

Want to emphasis this since a lot of people will read and think 'P2W'. The real P2W aspect is not Mari's shop. The aspect where this will come into play is much, much further down the road when gold starts becoming the main thing holding people back from upgrading.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This is in the actual ToS.

5. GENERAL

5.1 Authority.
To enter this Agreement and use the Games, you must be a live human (e.g., not a corporation, organization, artificial intelligence (good or evil), extraterrestrial, sentient non-human primate, etc.). However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence of a widespread extraterrestrial, robot, simian, or similar takeover of planet Earth, in which case we welcome our alien, robot, ape, or other overlords, as applicable, (such parties, "Their Eminences") to play our Games, and Their Eminences will be subject to the terms of this Agreement, mutatis mutandis, commencing on the date of the takeover and continuing for all periods thereafter, until such date as human governance is restored. Provided, further, that in the event the takeover necessitates the forced migration of the human species to Mars or other celestial body, where the Games are not operable at this time, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to (a) expand the locations where the Games are available and waive applicable restrictions under Section 5.2, below, and (b) enable local game servers as promptly as reasonably practicable, subject in each case to the availability of necessary interplanetary logistics, utility, sustainable life support, asteroid deflection systems, local stores or distribution services, and rule of law, as may be provided by our affiliates, our third-party providers, celestial beings, or governmental or non-governmental organizations.

• 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 5 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
"
Roxx
58_2.png
QPT
4m

I honestly do not have an ETA or the ability to estimate one

7 Replies
"

They have no clue it seems what is wrong or how long it will take. I'm sure they will also give a hour or 2 notice, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was 7pm EST or later at this point.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I never knew about this auto aim setting. I experienced it numerous times but I thought it was just me aiming incorrectly.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users