Lost Ark Online

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Every asian game gives me AION flashbacks and I just can't do it, they make me physically ill.

I've tried so fucking hard.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soda proved you can't swipe your cc to kill bosses.
I despise Twitch and never watch streams of any kind, but I was curious about the LA drops so I put Soda's stream on in the background, turned it down, and ignored it. However, about an hour in to his stream I couldn't ignore his incessant complaining about the "constant unavoidable AE's" of some boss he and his group were fighting. So I tabbed out to see what he was complaining about.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ is he (and whoever he was playing with) terrible at this game. They were all completely ignoring the mechanics and no one was interrupting anything, but they literally cried non-stop about how hard and un-fun the game is. I tried to tell him he's a fucking retard, but I'm not "verified" or whatever the fuck you need to do to comment.

I don't expect streamers to be good at every game, but people with that kind of following for gaming should be able to at least observe basic concepts. Much of the chat were obviously randos like me just trying to put in the hours to get the rewards and they were absolutely torching him in chat.

In regard to pay-to-win -- Who gives a fuck? Maybe I'm just too old to understand, but I literally could not give a single fuck about someone else paying real money to get ahead of me in a game. The only time I would care is if content was artificially gated behind some pay-to-win fuckery.

Furthermore, pay-to-win implies that someone else is losing. Who the fuck is losing? It's certainly not me. I'd even argue that I'm the one winning by not spending a single dime on this game and enjoying 99.99% of its benefits while mouthbreathing retards spend money because they're worried about their internet dick.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have they yet said when they're going to send out the second "founder's pack" rewards?

Also, does anyone know if you can use your free powerpass cross-region? About to hit 50 on US West but I'd love to use the boost on US East.
You find a guild? Considering just closing up the FOH guild so we can join a guild that has the rewards coming in.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
any forum bros happen to be on Rohendel west coast server?
If so, hit me up @ Broheem (25 Gunlancer atm). I've got a couple of buddies I'm playing with, and we're up for grouping or guilding with more friends

cheers!
Can you add friends cross server? I'm US West, but on Akkan, and so we can do shit together, other than be in the same guild.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lost Ark chat is worse than WoW chat, i didnt think this was possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This game is damn good, now that I am near end of tier 1 it feels more like a ARPG just go in, kill shit and move on.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i dont want to think of how many hours ive put into this game in the week its been out...

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every asian game gives me AION flashbacks and I just can't do it, they make me physically ill.

I've tried so fucking hard.

aion makes me fucking sick. a bunch of pvp pals went back to aion for a big run in 2021. i was outraged to hear anyone bringing that game into relevance again.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
In the upcoming Feb update to RU. Would be nice if we got this in our version soon. Be able to have a guild chat that included everyone who isn't in the main guild yet, and no matter what character you are on. There's also something about a pet ranch for your estate where you can upgrade your pets to Legendary rarity.

Convenient messenger allows you to store your message history and create group chats for all your friends!

img--3.jpg

With it, you will be able to communicate by choosing any of your Legacy characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You find a guild? Considering just closing up the FOH guild so we can join a guild that has the rewards coming in.
Yeah, just riding with some RL friends and a few newbs who join occasionally. I'll probably get serious once I get closer to "real" raiding and find a tryhard guild. I'm on Mari though. I think guilds are limited by server.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Jesus. Fucking. Christ is he (and whoever he was playing with) terrible at this game. They were all completely ignoring the mechanics and no one was interrupting anything, but they literally cried non-stop about how hard and un-fun the game is. I tried to tell him he's a fucking retard, but I'm not "verified" or whatever the fuck you need to do to comment.

How do you interrupt stuff? I just G spammed my way through all the tutorials if it was explained.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think there was some small tutorial in a starter dungeon where you have to interrupt shit by busting their stagger bar or something (little bar under their health bar)? I’ll be honest, I’m shit at this game and have no idea what types of damage my skills do but spamming my shit seemed to work.

Couple questions I have so far: early on I get a couple of cards that show up in the books section but I can’t find them in the main card screen to equip. What’s the difference between the two types of cards or am I just doing something wrong and all of them are equipable? And just in general should I be upgrading anything as I level or just saving all my shit for when I hit 50?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
In regard to pay-to-win -- Who gives a fuck? Maybe I'm just too old to understand, but I literally could not give a single fuck about someone else paying real money to get ahead of me in a game. The only time I would care is if content was artificially gated behind some pay-to-win fuckery.

Couldn't have said it better.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Tried PvP on one of the islands as a Gunlancer. That was as fun as dipping my dick in glass.

• 4Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users