Lost Ark Online

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
To add to what others have said about apparent lack of things to do in this game, this is how my session usually goes. I spend 5 minutes doing rapport, then I run chaos dungeon and a guardian raids. Then I check any events that are happening soon and sometimes do the ones that sound interesting (zero idea what a lot of them are prior to doing them). If no events to do, I start following some purple quest to this island or that which usually leads me on a long chain of quests or nearby islands, all resulting in some sort of progression. And then I look up and 3-4 hours have passed and I log off. The one thing I dont spend any time directly working on is the gear progression. Tons of stuff to do in this game and seems to be tons more still.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Btw does the blessed aura engraving not self heal? I’ve got rank 2 and I never feel any regen on my paladin when I pop the skill
It does. Healing ticks slower the lesser the rank. Also, its heal value is based on a % of YOUR total HP. So, pump up them HPs, kid!
To add to what others have said about apparent lack of things to do in this game, this is how my session usually goes. I spend 5 minutes doing rapport, then I run chaos dungeon and a guardian raids. Then I check any events that are happening soon and sometimes do the ones that sound interesting (zero idea what a lot of them are prior to doing them). If no events to do, I start following some purple quest to this island or that which usually leads me on a long chain of quests or nearby islands, all resulting in some sort of progression. And then I look up and 3-4 hours have passed and I log off. The one thing I dont spend any time directly working on is the gear progression. Tons of stuff to do in this game and seems to be tons more still.
The thing that is so frustrating about people complaining about "lack" of shit to do or "too much shit to do" that just baffles my fucking brain is the fact that NONE of your time in Lost Ark is wasted. It's honestly one of the best MMOs ever in that regard. People are so goddamn focused on "ILVL, ILVL, ILVL!!!!!" that they think getting an extra island token, masterpiece, giant's heart, etc. didn't "progress" them.

It's ALL progress, folks. Every island you do, every seed you collect, every pirate coin, etc. all helps you in some way. ILVL is great and all, but there's a FUCKLOAD of "background" things that get progressed by not pumping ILVL 24/7 and just fucking around with systems you know very little about. Not to mention, racing to 1370 really doesn't do anything but get you "ready" for the next content release. If you make it to 1370 before then, guess what you're doing? The same shit you're doing by not knowing the "optimal" path - collections, quests, adventure tome, etc.

Just fucking play the game and I PROMISE you'll get rewarded in some way or another for doing so.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
for tier 1 you have many options, have you done ALL islands that reward T1 mats?

do chaos gates for the breaths to help your upgrade% chance.

You can grind some chaos dungeons beyond the first two in order to buy more mats from the chaos vendor.

run the abyssal dungeons. guardian raids.

using the powerpass or knowledge transfer on an alt will also nearly instantly get you out of tier 1 on your main simply by virtue of passing over the mats you get from doing chaos x2, buying out the bloodshard vendor, buying out the pirate vendor, and running a few floors of the tower.

I didn't realize Chaos and Bloodshard vendors were a thing. Buying out a pirate vendor?

I'm on floor 20 of my first tower run after your recommended doing it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw does the blessed aura engraving not self heal? I’ve got rank 2 and I never feel any regen on my paladin when I pop the skill
You can actually see it healing, green numbers popping up, it just doesn't heal all that much on single target. Bard healing is a lot more potent in that regard, especially if only one person is standing in the circle then you can get like almost full heal even from a rank1 healing circle. Bard main issues I've had is a lot of the spells have shit ass range, and people will constantly walk out of stuff so it's really hard to get fucking anything going when you're not playing with multiple melees that also aren't little pussies and stick to the boss. Paladin on the other hand most shit is easy to land or just outright buffs everything around so you don't give a shit.

That said they're both infuriating when playing with retards. Earlier I made the mistake of joining a "alt run know mechs" road of lament without checking the ppl's gear first, ended up with a bunch of absolute fucking clowns, not only fucking up mechanics, but garbage DPS so it was taking 10mins for bosses to die. I inspected them inside(sadly too late), it was fucking scary how stupid ppl are with gear. The lead was a shadowhunter with literally one of every stat on their accs, lvl 1 demon impulse(but with low spec he wasn't transforming for shit and doing bad dmg during transformation anyway). Like how hard is it to stack only 1 stat, maybe 2 if you're unlucky. I died on the first boss due to poorly placed aoes and both other DPS were dead on the first spinny, so he tried to solo the rest of the fight and at first glance it looked like it was doable(3bars with 2:30 left), but this shitter barely got to 1bar before enrage. Then he's like "pls don't die" in chat, even though the pull before he literally died first. And then he proceeded to die first again.

Then did runs on bard and was like less than 10mins for both dungeons with a team of alts that were actually not shit geared.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Paladins provide DPS boosts to the group (to a higher extent than Bards) and thus, in the tier of content that we're in where people are zooming through content and at a far higher ilvl than intended, these increases results in bosses dying at a good clip and the class 'feeling' good, especially when one is in a party.

Bards however provide better shields and general support. This feels horrible when you get one in a group because things just die so much slower but come Argos, you'll want to make sure you have some bard friends!
Maybe my issue is the Maxroll support guide sucks then, because my shields are WAY better on my paladin.

Oh, and like above, the buffs are mostly tiny circles, and with every single encounter requiring so much movement, everyone just wanders out of my bard buffs. Meanwhile paladin you just cast it and it hits everyone. Heck, even his heal is WAY bigger and last significantly longer.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
These mofos can't keep their instanced shit stable today.

DC dropping 3 different times in chaos dungeons 1 70% and 2 at 90% at least, 1 cube and 1 raid (that I got back in thankfully). ;[

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Game is at half its concurrent users at its "peak" and yet the queues to login last night were the highest I've ever seen. Just AGS things!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I didn't realize Chaos and Bloodshard vendors were a thing. Buying out a pirate vendor?

after the first 2 chaos dungeon runs of the day, every subsequent run will give you currency that you can spend on the chaos vendor nearby to buy some more mats. this has a weekly limit in T1 and T2 and although infinite in T3, the costs ramp up significantly with each purchase.

I would only recommend doing this for whichever mat you're bottlenecking on and not trying to buy them all out.

Sylmael bloodshards are the currency you get for (1) donating 6k silver, (2) assisting research, and (3) finishing weekly requests for your guild. You can spend these on the bloodshard vendor to get more mats each weekly reset.

Just outside of the port for every major city are two ships sitting there, one of them has special shit that rotates out every so often, the other one has a more honing materials that you can buy each weekly reset using pirate coins. If you only saw wood and ship parts, remember there are multiple tabs, it's on the third tab.

First tower run gets you some nice goodies, but zero honing mats. Only running the tower on a second+ character will give you honing mats.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

For T1 mats don't miss Fantasm Island... I just did it because its tucked away behind Rohendel and it has a fuckload of T1 mats that I dont need anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Almost all the island boxes are bound to account so you can put them in the roster storage. Meaning if you don't have the need for them save them for an alt. Also the tower converts to mass mat pinata after you completed it on your main. The mats from that alone almost boosts alts to T2 in a couple of days

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of the hardest things for me in this game is settling on a main lol. Pretty much all the classes are badass.

• 1Solidarity

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I wish the classes all felt as good in each tier. Zerker/Sorc have felt solid all the way through. My other alts are artillerist/striker/scrapper/deathblade and while I know they are solid they have felt super MEH so far in T1/T2.

I am tempted to roll another account just to run the other classes, but I don't know if I have enough poopsocks.

--

For any non zoomers who read quests/cutscenes if you find the map that has a tooki outline it starts a really solid quest chain w/ decent rewards. Was an eight parter that takes you all over.

Rewards

Rewards
Uncommon Engraving Recipe Selection Chest (Class Exclusive) x5
Creation Fragment x6
Pirate Coin x5,000
Silver x10,000
High Seas Coin Chest x10
Rare Engraving Recipe Selection Chest (Class Exclusive) x5
Silver x50,000
Gold x50
High Seas Coin Chest x20
Legendary - Uncommon Card Pack x14
Suspicious Device
Silver x100,000
Gold x50
High Seas Coin Chest x5
Pirate Coin x7,000
Silver x20,000
Creation Fragment x7
Pirate Coin x20,000
Silver x8,000
High Seas Coin Chest x10
Pirate Coin x10,000
Silver x30,000
Developer's Bag
Creation Fragment x7
Rare Engraving Recipe Selection Chest (Class Exclusive) x4
Pirate Coin x15,000
Silver x30,000
Emote: Error
Legendary - Uncommon Card Pack x10
Creation Fragment x10
Silver x40,000
Gold x100

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I wish the classes all felt as good in each tier. Zerker/Sorc have felt solid all the way through. My other alts are artillerist/striker/scrapper/deathblade and while I know they are solid they have felt super MEH so far in T1/T2.

I am tempted to roll another account just to run the other classes, but I don't know if I have enough poopsocks.

--

For any non zoomers who read quests/cutscenes if you find the map that has a tooki outline it starts a really solid quest chain w/ decent rewards. Was an eight parter that takes you all over.

Rewards

Rewards
Creation Fragment x6
Pirate Coin x5,000
Silver x10,000
High Seas Coin Chest x10
Rare Engraving Recipe Selection Chest (Class Exclusive) x5
Silver x50,000
Gold x50
High Seas Coin Chest x20
Legendary - Uncommon Card Pack x14
Suspicious Device
Silver x100,000
Gold x50
High Seas Coin Chest x5
Pirate Coin x7,000
Silver x20,000
Creation Fragment x7
Pirate Coin x20,000
Silver x8,000
High Seas Coin Chest x10
Pirate Coin x10,000
Silver x30,000
Developer's Bag
Creation Fragment x7
Rare Engraving Recipe Selection Chest (Class Exclusive) x4
Pirate Coin x15,000
Silver x30,000
Emote: Error
Legendary - Uncommon Card Pack x10
Creation Fragment x10
Silver x40,000
Gold x100

I've been playing Paladin, but I'm definitely interested in finding more a faceroll class and less of a support.

What's the faceroll meta?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
For raids/chaos dungeons sorc is insanely simple and spells look sick. I've running reflux (perma dmg + cool down reduction buff) and crisis aversion (to keep me from getting 1 shot as they are a squishy bitch) and I can autopilot pretty easily everything so far. Igniter build is allegedly better once all pimped out though.

My zerker runs mayhem (low life build but perma +move/atk/dmg and damage reduction) and it's pretty solid for everything I've done so far and it's a very straight forward pumper dps.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
one thing I have learned, is that your engravings dont count for anywhere NEAR as much as your substats like specialization/crit.

Pick necklace/rings/earrings with your preferred substat and worry about engravings only if they line up with the substat, or you only have to sacrifice like 1 or two pieces to get a good engraving level.

I wish i'd known this before i made a lot of my gear choices.