Lost Ark Online

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Apparently, with everyone changing their PC system clocks to get around the timer bug, they discovered they could claim daily rewards multiple times by also changing the system clock. TaDa! So funny.
Whoa this was a thing?? I miss out on everything.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just noticed that infinite chaos mats are roster bound.

I could have been farming the shit on my sorc and feeding all my other turd alts instead of grinding out stuff on each of them. ;[

T2 mats are starting to bottom out though time to start shuffling the squad into T3.
I actually just noticed that yesterday, too. I think I had sold some on my main in T2, possibly in T1.

Caliane

so, I quit. but there was something I was curious about, and never asked.
how do you transfer items to alts? like, good roll earrings. you have to mail it to yourself? Auction House it, and just try to buy it back up asap?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
so, I quit. but there was something I was curious about, and never asked.
how do you transfer items to alts? like, good roll earrings. you have to mail it to yourself? Auction House it, and just try to buy it back up asap?

You can mail accessories and ability stones to your alts, or any character, but the recipient will have to use pheons to claim them.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
you can trade them to a friend and log the other character on and have them trade them to you without paying the ridiculous pheon tax.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The story still blows major asshole. I am not sure why I should care about or fear Goku Satan, I really couldn't care less about Yoda and the Monkey King, or Sephiroth. We totally skipped over the storyline about Devil May Cry demon priest. All I know is Angel Mommy Milkers needs me to slay some guardians and I guess there is an Ark that is lost, fuck if I know.

So far the only part of the story that has been baller as shit is when it goes totally Metal at the end of Feiton, and Pantera starts blazing while you jump from demon head to demon head, as blood rains from the heavens as you cleave through an army of assclowns.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What ilvl are you all taking your alts to in T3 before funneling mats to your main? Should have my first one in T3 once I finish running the Punika story. Wasn't sure when I should stop (1302, 1325, 1340?).
I stopped at 1325, personally. The grind from 1325-1340 can be a little rough still, with some shit at 30% success. I parked there since it gets you the purple accessories from Chaos. I rarely do guardians on alts, so I could give a fuck about the 1340 one, especially since the mat drops from them are mostly shitty anyhow.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I was having a hard time finding a class last night and finally went with Deadeye. How good/bad is it?

The weapon swapping just seemed cool and I imagine their is a good skill ceiling there.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was having a hard time finding a class last night and finally went with Deadeye. How good/bad is it?

The weapon swapping just seemed cool and I imagine their is a good skill ceiling there.

Suppose to be a solid class and nice DPS. The Weapon rotation can be clunky until you get a feel for it, but it's cool enough.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Been playing deadeye pistoleer on my 7th alt and it's pretty fun with no swapping necessary.

Still nothing feels as good as sorc and zerker so far though ;[

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The story still blows major asshole. I am not sure why I should care about or fear Goku Satan, I really couldn't care less about Yoda and the Monkey King, or Sephiroth. We totally skipped over the storyline about Devil May Cry demon priest. All I know is Angel Mommy Milkers needs me to slay some guardians and I guess there is an Ark that is lost, fuck if I know.

So far the only part of the story that has been baller as shit is when it goes totally Metal at the end of Feiton, and Pantera starts blazing while you jump from demon head to demon head, as blood rains from the heavens as you cleave through an army of assclowns.

I have no fucking idea what the hell is happening here story wise. I feel like I went from watching some dick ass cult priest murder a bunch of civies in the rain out of nowhere to suddenly being in cyberpunk town doing some bullshit for a newspaper, there's pirates in there somewhere, at some point hung around with some tiny fucks, and now I'm in Rivendell with some incompetent frog asswipe following me around.

Oh, and I had to go help some dude who just apparently cannot paint without being able to blackout on some absinth.

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I have no fucking idea what the hell is happening here story wise. I feel like I went from watching some dick ass cult priest murder a bunch of civies in the rain out of nowhere to suddenly being in cyberpunk town doing some bullshit for a newspaper, there's pirates in there somewhere, at some point hung around with some tiny fucks, and now I'm in Rivendell with some incompetent frog asswipe following me around.

Oh, and I had to go help some dude who just apparently cannot paint without being able to blackout on some absinth.

I mean, I feel like this is sort of a good summary of the story but I'm not seeing any problem.
Voldeth Voldeth since you are probably the most knowledgeable here is a few more questions but if anyone else knows the answer feel free to chime in.

When it comes to your boat crew is there any reason to buy anything other than the relic crew members or are they just a waste a resources?

Also for the stronghold crew-members is it the same thing? Or should you upgrade early to get better complete % on missions?

Also is there a good checklist for keeping track of alts and things?

As for skins, if you buy them are they limited to one character. I know you can resell them up to twice I think. I see the Omen sets are about 8k and I could use the extra stats so I am tempted to buy a set.

I'm not a good source for boats & crew members. That, rapport, stronghold, and zone completion is something that I did very little on KR (they don't take kindly to whiteys like me -- I lost 3 accounts to bans and as a result, anything that required investment was something I instantly did not do and saved for when it came out in the West). In so far as checklists are concerned, it was linked a few pages back but I use

1302 is where they'll sit until my main is 1385 (just 1 alt for now). Then Ill take them up to 1340 so they can do the abyss. The dead zone is hugely expensive, so until honing rates are changed - 1340 is about all Ill do with them unless I really enjoy the class. Voldeth probably has better insight into it since he probably has far more t3 alts than I do.

Keep in mind that 1385 is when you get an increase in honing success chance & reduction in material costs for T3, so the second time around is a lot easier. I would stop at 1300 until your main is 1385 and then raise to 1340/1370 depending on your preference. Keep in mind that right now, if you want to make serious bank, the greater leapstones are amazing. They are selling for 1k each and these are what the whales need to advance their characters to maximum e-peen level (I can't progress further than 1397 atm because I'm out). So where you stop your alts really depends on the best 'spot' to maximize profit (which presently is 1370, assuming you have a 1385 or higher main).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

That seems accurate.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I main gunslinger (female version) and I'm enjoying it. Will take a bit to get used to the weapon swaping system. I ended up binding rotate foward/back to mouse buttons to make swapping easier.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I main gunslinger (female version) and I'm enjoying it. Will take a bit to get used to the weapon swaping system. I ended up binding rotate foward/back to mouse buttons to make swapping easier.

Yep as soon as I saw the mechanic I rebound my mouse buttons. I like the speed and not being tethered to a long cooldown/resource builder ultimate.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just kinda wish you could bind the stances directly to a button instead of having them rotate, it's more confusing for me the way it is. Ultimately though I haven't bothered with gunslinger.

Deadeye is on the weaker side though compared to Gunslingers, largely because of the reliance on back attacks for standard build, and due to lack of various options if you do the pistol build. Still good if you're good at the game but basically seems harder than other stuff for the same performance. Gunslinger doesn't have the issues since she relies largely on her rifle skills for big dmg and has few/no positionals. It is likely in line for some buffs though whenever they get to those balance changes they're supposed to do soon. As for how soon we get these, who knows.

Shouldn't be a problem for all of our current and near future content though. The need for super optimization seems to only come later with tighter DPS checks and shit in the later legion raids.

Playing Sharpshooter as my "final" alt for now, it's pretty fun. Only played it for a few days but cleared tower and did some chaos and abyss with it, I like it, Snipe isn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be cause it charges pretty fast and the hit zone is so big you can't really miss it besides releasing too early and the other skills are nice enough. I'm going dumb dumb build as I like them so Swiftness with Loyal Companion spec, capped movespeed with hawk out and it stays out for like 3mins or some shit, very fun to play. Only issue is I don't have shit for levels cause I'm transferring past everything lol. It's in training in the stronghold so it'll come but the speed it's going it's gonna be in Feiton at lvl 50.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Think of each Ark as an "episode" of a loosely connected story. It makes a lot more "sense" that way.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Ya the story early on is all the fuck over. Later you see a recap with Kharmine being all “humans suck bruh” and Armen making exasperated gasps to emote how tormented he is

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I mean you pretty much nailed it. Once you finish the lord of the rings land you get to go to Asguard/Ironforge which a fair number of people here enjoyed their first time through.

Then you reach Feiton and a zone design so aids you know the person who made them just wanted you to suffer. It's emo and bad so lay down some old school Papa Roach or Linkin Park and grab a razorblade and do some cutting, once you think you can't handle anymore Danzig will show up as crimson pours from the heavens as a 100 million demons decent upon you. In the distance you will hear. "MOTHER, Tell your children not to walk my way." as you enter into cut scenes from the movie 300. It's really the only payoff I found worth it.

Actually the last dungeon in Lord of the rings is really cool too the first time you go through it as reality warps around you. As gay as the story is their really is some cool as shit first time experiences in this game.

Hell Koush wait until you are exploring the game later and you end up in the fucking Matrix. I love and hate how they blatantly ripped off every cliché in the world for this game.

C03c-jDUsAA6tGq.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Worf