Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I should prob get a guild. lol
It really is almost "free", just donate 6k silver every day, open the guild menu and if there's one, participate in the research, and you get a bunch of bloodstones which let you buy some more stuff. Honestly it's not that many mats currently with our low lvl guilds compared to KR/RU and stuff, but it's still kinda free shit and the guardian/destruction stones are unbound so you can buy them on every char to pool them, and the ticket box(chance at boss rush or cube tickets, otherwise just silver) is very nice too.

Most of the guilds my chars are in don't talk ever, so it's not like much of a commitment either.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Voldeth Voldeth since you are probably the most knowledgeable here is a few more questions but if anyone else knows the answer feel free to chime in.

When it comes to your boat crew is there any reason to buy anything other than the relic crew members or are they just a waste a resources?

Also for the stronghold crew-members is it the same thing? Or should you upgrade early to get better complete % on missions?

Also is there a good checklist for keeping track of alts and things?

As for skins, if you buy them are they limited to one character. I know you can resell them up to twice I think. I see the Omen sets are about 8k and I could use the extra stats so I am tempted to buy a set.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Voldeth Voldeth since you are probably the most knowledgeable here is a few more questions but if anyone else knows the answer feel free to chime in.

When it comes to your boat crew is there any reason to buy anything other than the relic crew members or are they just a waste a resources?

Also for the stronghold crew-members is it the same thing? Or should you upgrade early to get better complete % on missions?

Also is there a good checklist for keeping track of alts and things?

As for skins, if you buy them are they limited to one character. I know you can resell them up to twice I think. I see the Omen sets are about 8k and I could use the extra stats so I am tempted to buy a set.
You can use multiple copies of the same sailor if they're different quality, so for example for Estoque you can use both relic pupurin and legendary pupurin and such, so yeah the lower rarity are useful in these cases.

Stronghold I'm not sure they're very useful, the % only slightly helps, even with 100% you're not getting S rank all the time or anything, just more often. Since there's a finite amount of stuff you need from these for the most part I'm not sure, I bought a few of the cheap ones to have crews on both dispatch missions, and I'll probably need to buy a few more once I have the 3rd dispatch, but I wouldn't invest heavily into it.

A few pages back someone linked Bynnark, which is customizable. Takes some time to setup but you can track what you want, instead of random stuff. Otherwise googling it should show some reddit googlesheets that have trackable stuff but they had way too many useless shit for me so I settled on bynnark.

The skins aren't limited unless they become bound(the chests you find in chaos dungeons for example). The Omen shit you can just buy, equip, and resell later. I bought a set to get charisma for Blackfang and sold my Gold pack skins in exchange. They "lose" value as you trade them since they can't be retraded after they're sold twice, but that's not a huge deal and if anything they might go up in value once they're out of the shop. I know on DFO which also does limited avatar stuff, having some of the old avatars can be big money. Although it's mostly the good looking ones, some of these omen kinda look like garbo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're sending Dispatch's out multiple times a day to maximize the payout on those, then its worth it to work towards a high percent chance of getting SSS imo. Even though it costs Pirate coins to send them out, they can come back with much more pirate coins - so it works in your benefit to have a daily stream of pirate coins there. Regardless if, after unlocking all of the traders, you've bought everything of value from them. At least at that point, when you're getting between A and SSS, you get to have a steady stream of those currencies to buy the Rapport items which arent finite. In short, I "personally" feel like its worth it to keep building up your crew. But also, on that same note - you'll be building up the crew for the ships you use quite often.

Heres a cheat sheet for you on those crew members :

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah once you have nothing else to buy it's worth getting more stronghold crew, but they don't feel super valuable in comparison to getting runes or even normal crew guys(some are sold in stronghold, ymmv on which ones are useful). But yeah until then I wouldn't invest too too much, you can also get a fair few of stronghold crew from other sources(mokoko seeds have a bunch of them iirc and so do sea bounties and them some from rapport). If you have nothing to spend your stronghold shit on though definitely buy them since they'll help generate more stronghold ressource long term. Although at some point there isn't too much worth buying from that either, card packs mostly which is kinda whatever.

For the normal crews, while this list shows some builds, it's not necessarily optimal stuff. I'm doing a balanced Astray build personally because going for top speed isn't super useful seeing as how it's only a few knots difference and you completely fuck up your resists. Relic Blackfang is a must cause of her speed buff, then Relic Barakas is nice but Relic Wilhelm is also another good one since he has very high dead+storm resist(sadly negative siren resists, so you need to compensate for that if you want to do Punika co-op). Mixing them at different rarity lets you get a slightly slower boat that also has strong storm/death resist and "enough" siren resist for the co-op, which is much better imo. Can switch for more speed if you're just going long distance travelling though.

My Astray is lvl 7 atm and it's been pretty nice. Getting to 10 is quite a grind though so won't be for a while, I still need ~3k sun coins for relic barakas, and for the upgrades I need 4000 yorn coins, 2500 feiton coins and about 200k pirate coins, so yeah it's somewhat far away(although current racing event is pretty good for this shit, 6000coins every week).

• 2Like

Daidraco

Ya, the event is a really good quality of life thing and Im going to be sad to see it go. The co-op sailing shit starts at the ass end of the day on Regulus and Im not staying up till 12 or 1am just to collect f'n pirate coins. The round the world co-op started last night at 8, and went to like 4 different places, ending at Punika at that time. Like ffs, cant they start that shit at 5 or 6? Wait no, the clocks are still off by an hour in the game. So it started at like 9pm and went on to like 2am. Really wish they would come up with something other than "specific" times for shit like that, adventure islands etc.

Also Pyros Pyros - which pirates are you talking about that mess up resists? Or are you talking about swapping out a Legendary for a different legendary? Which ones would you add if thats the case? Cause most of that list is just Relic/Legendary overlap and you even say you would use those.

Andddd... the servers are down. Like four times in a row this week. Rough.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well Blackfang has shit resists for example so doubling up on her, while it's superior speed cause she has like 1.8speed isn't very good for resists. My setup I think was like Relic Blackfang, Relic Barakas, Relic Whilhelm, Legendary Wilhelm, Epic Whilhelm, although the last one I'm not sure about, might be another like Epic Rosa or whatever, I need to see the end resists with lvl 10 astray, I could do the math but I'm too lazy. Whilhelm is slower than others(0.3 for relic/leg, 0.2 for purple iirc) but he has pretty huge death/storm resists(relic is like 20 to both or something), so if you compensate for his negative siren you can get a really tough ship to go through death seas without getting ass fucked.

But if you don't do co-op, it's not that useful, it's largely for that, many co-op quests have you sitting in lvl 4 death/storm hunting sharks or fishing up treasures or whatever and if you have to stay there for 2-3mins, you need high resists so you don't lose all your durability(plus they disable ship mechs too, so if you have too low you literally just get "chain stunned" and can't participate).

I'll have the speed setup naturally anyway more or less, you get epic blackfang from her rep so I have that, I got rare Fordin from Karltherz so I'd just need to buy another barakas if I want full speed.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Andddd... the servers are down. Like four times in a row this week. Rough.
Apparently, with everyone changing their PC system clocks to get around the timer bug, they discovered they could claim daily rewards multiple times by also changing the system clock. TaDa! So funny.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Apparently, with everyone changing their PC system clocks to get around the timer bug, they discovered they could claim daily rewards multiple times by also changing the system clock. TaDa! So funny.

Wow talk about incompetent. How hard is it to just make timers set to the fucking server instead of a fucking PC clock. Although it would be nice to knock out all the field bosses if I could just jump my fucking clock forward 20 times a day.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What ilvl are you all taking your alts to in T3 before funneling mats to your main? Should have my first one in T3 once I finish running the Punika story. Wasn't sure when I should stop (1302, 1325, 1340?).

Daidraco

What ilvl are you all taking your alts to in T3 before funneling mats to your main? Should have my first one in T3 once I finish running the Punika story. Wasn't sure when I should stop (1302, 1325, 1340?).
1302 is where they'll sit until my main is 1385 (just 1 alt for now). Then Ill take them up to 1340 so they can do the abyss. The dead zone is hugely expensive, so until honing rates are changed - 1340 is about all Ill do with them unless I really enjoy the class. Voldeth probably has better insight into it since he probably has far more t3 alts than I do.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow talk about incompetent. How hard is it to just make timers set to the fucking server instead of a fucking PC clock. Although it would be nice to knock out all the field bosses if I could just jump my fucking clock forward 20 times a day.
I would think this is on Smilegate and not AGS, but SG never had to deal with DST before.. something of an oversite.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I just noticed that infinite chaos mats are roster bound.

I could have been farming the shit on my sorc and feeding all my other turd alts instead of grinding out stuff on each of them. ;[

T2 mats are starting to bottom out though time to start shuffling the squad into T3.