Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gear doesn't really mean everything though. Sure, it's definitely a good indicator of at least mild competence, but just because they have a good ilvl and decent engravings doesn't mean their abilities, gems, tripods, etc. aren't setup like total garbage/not at all.
But if their gear is complete garbage why expect the rest to be any good?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But if their gear is complete garbage why expect the rest to be any good?
Well, of course it isn't going to be.

My point is that doing a "premade" and vetting just on gear doesn't really get you anywhere, most of the time. Going back to my original point that the difference between matchmaking and "premades" is basically zero. Incompetence is highly prevalent in both. You're better off just going the "efficient" route and rolling the dice with matchmaking, rather than sitting around holding your dicks for 20 minutes with a premade. Using some artificial "gearscore" requirement to vet people is just costing you time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well, of course it isn't going to be.

My point is that doing a "premade" and vetting just on gear doesn't really get you anywhere, most of the time. Going back to my original point that the difference between matchmaking and "premades" is basically zero. Incompetence is highly prevalent in both. You're better off just going the "efficient" route and rolling the dice with matchmaking, rather than sitting around holding your dicks for 20 minutes with a premade. Using some artificial "gearscore" requirement to vet people is just costing you time.
I don't just check gear I check engravings and gems, can see at least ppl who put any degree of effort into their char and there's a much better chance they know how to play/have the right skills/have potions. It's not 20minutes though, I'm whining cause I have to sit there 5mins finding the right party. But yes I run into plenty of issues with premades too, it's just an additional way to screen some of the worst players out, usually speaking.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is for T1 tower only but the difference in difficulty between paladin and sharpshooter or sorc is ridiculous.

I agree the tower is night and day difference depending on the class you are using. The T1 tower in general is pretty cake and I have ran a few characters through it at this point. The T2 tower I cleared on my Sorc easy enough but my Paladin is on floor like 46-47 at the moment and it's a chore to finish. Floor 45 with the 2 bosses that chain CC you from 100% to death is complete fucking bullshit and I hope the slant eyed dicksucker who thought that up gets dick cancer and aids from a hobo.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I agree the tower is night and day difference depending on the class you are using. The T1 tower in general is pretty cake and I have ran a few characters through it at this point. The T2 tower I cleared on my Sorc easy enough but my Paladin is on floor like 46-47 at the moment and it's a chore to finish. Floor 45 with the 2 bosses that chain CC you from 100% to death is complete fucking bullshit and I hope the slant eyed dicksucker who thought that up gets dick cancer and aids from a hobo.
Yeah that floor is annoying, it's not so bad if you take it carefully but at some point you stagger one of the fucks so you're like "oh yeah time to do dmg" and then you get caught by the other fuck into a stun lock for 20secs and 100% of your health lol. Floor 49 is super cancer on slow dmg supports too though, like it's just floor 50 first tower boss, but with the push golems around it makes it miserable if you start missing stuff and get pinballed all over the place and you can't even see what he's doing next. Last boss is a lot less annoying than 49 imo.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Have you thought about gitting gud?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Have you thought about gitting gud?

Considering I killed it with the Pally your statement just makes you sound like a sad loser faggot retard. - I know this will come as a shock to moronic faggots but when the next stages are piss easier by comparison because it isn't dictated by bullshit RNG it's bad design. So go swallow the business end of a shotgun.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Considering I killed it with the Pally your statement just makes you sound like a sad loser faggot retard. - I know this will come as a shock to moronic faggots but when the next stages are piss easier by comparison because it isn't dictated by bullshit RNG it's bad design. So go swallow the business end of a shotgun.
So that's a no. Sucks to suck, homie.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
hat's a no. Sucks to suck, homie.

Reading comprehension isn't going to be your strong-suit today, that's cool. Still anyone who doesn't understand the difference between going through the tower on a DPS vs a Support and the difference isn't worth the time to explain. Go through that shit on a Zerker and it's playing the game on easy mode as you burst past anything remotely considered a challenge. Play a bard and sing songs as shit like a dumb fuck and it's a nightmare.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Reading comprehension isn't going to be your strong-suit today, that's cool. Still anyone who doesn't understand the difference between going through the tower on a DPS vs a Support and the difference isn't worth the time to explain. Go through that shit on a Zerker and it's playing the game on easy mode as you burst past anything remotely considered a challenge. Play a bard and sing songs as shit like a dumb fuck and it's a nightmare.
Relax dude. I was memeing on you with the "git gud" comment - get some chill. Support sucks balls to play on anything that requires you to actually pump a little and it isn't really noticeable until you AREN'T playing a support class.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Relax dude. I was memeing on you with the "git gud" comment - get some chill. Support sucks balls to play on anything that requires you to actually pump a little and it isn't really noticeable until you AREN'T playing a support class.

Sorry I was channeling my inner @Folder. I am probably still triggered by how ass that fight was on my Pally. Chill mode activated.

2fff29c8-164e-4ad9-8800-351d0e370e45_text.gif

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Idk, my engravings are a mess. Stats are fine and all. But tf if Im going to spend the gold, several thousand on Regulus, to buy blue/epic jewelry that works best for Artillerist. Besides, I match made T3 abyss this morning and was still the only mf alive three out of four fights. When Im at the proper item level for shit, it's just hard af for me to die. Also, I thought Artillerist would be horrible in PVP. I could very well be going up against shitters, but God does Artillerist push peoples shit in. The constant burn, hold, stun, knockback, ground damage, omfg... its just ez mode PVP.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Idk, my engravings are a mess. Stats are fine and all. But tf if Im going to spend the gold, several thousand on Regulus, to buy blue/epic jewelry that works best for Artillerist. Besides, I match made T3 abyss this morning and was still the only mf alive three out of four fights. When Im at the proper item level for shit, it's just hard af for me to die. Also, I thought Artillerist would be horrible in PVP. I could very well be going up against shitters, but God does Artillerist push peoples shit in. The constant burn, hold, stun, knockback, ground damage, omfg... its just ez mode PVP.
Artillerist is fucking cracked in PvP. Their hitstun and CC is crazy. They're also extremely "tanky" in PvE, especially for a ranged/DPS class. All around great class and highly underrated. Plus, nobody plays them so a lot of their books/gear is pretty cheap. I just find them to be extremely boring to play. Homing barrage, air raid, and how long/slow energy cannon is just makes them feel slow/boring as fuck.

That said, the transition from T2 to T3 feels like dogshit in general. You finally start getting some decent jewelry, engravings, gems, etc. toward the end of T2 and your class starts feeling like it's worth a shit for once. Then you hit T3, everything gets downgraded by half or you're wearing mismatched stats and it all feels like shit again.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Artillerist is fucking cracked in PvP. Their hitstun and CC is crazy. They're also extremely "tanky" in PvE, especially for a ranged/DPS class. All around great class and highly underrated. Plus, nobody plays them so a lot of their books/gear is pretty cheap. I just find them to be extremely boring to play. Homing barrage, air raid, and how long/slow energy cannon is just makes them feel slow/boring as fuck.

That said, the transition from T2 to T3 feels like dogshit in general. You finally start getting some decent jewelry, engravings, gems, etc. toward the end of T2 and your class starts feeling like it's worth a shit for once. Then you hit T3, everything gets downgraded by half or you're wearing mismatched stats and it all feels like shit again.
Ya. At the end of T2, I had 3 maxxed engravings, loved the set armor and stats all felt good. It felt comparable to going from Legion to BFA in terms of power loss. Replacing all of it with shit tier just kind of made me not actively seek out shit on the AH when I knew it would just be replaced quickly. Looking forward to the higher end raids so I can start working towards relics. The Artillerist gear may be cheaper than classes like the Sorcerer's, but its still a good 20k+ when it comes to just "good" pieces and not excellent ones. If Im gonna pay 20k for a piece, might as well pay 60k for a relic piece later instead.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Should I prioritize going back to some of the older field bosses, I see some of the ones I missed give 10 free blue engraving books and 200g which seems like it would be helpful as I could use some for my alts, once I hit T3 though I have only done the T3 bosses but of course I haven't really gotten shit worth a damn from them anyways, and at some point I guess you have to do the shitty field bosses for island tokens and stats.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Should I prioritize going back to some of the older field bosses, I see some of the ones I missed give 10 free blue engraving books and 200g which seems like it would be helpful as I could use some for my alts, once I hit T3 though I have only done the T3 bosses but of course I haven't really gotten shit worth a damn from them anyways, and at some point I guess you have to do the shitty field bosses for island tokens and stats.
From what I've read you can get these even if you don't get credit for the boss but not entirely sure. I know you can get adventure tome credit for them even if it's not your first kill. Maybe I'll go check tomorrow cause yeah I'm missing a few bosses too in the welcome challenge stuff.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya. At the end of T2, I had 3 maxxed engravings, loved the set armor and stats all felt good. It felt comparable to going from Legion to BFA in terms of power loss. Replacing all of it with shit tier just kind of made me not actively seek out shit on the AH when I knew it would just be replaced quickly. Looking forward to the higher end raids so I can start working towards relics. The Artillerist gear may be cheaper than classes like the Sorcerer's, but its still a good 20k+ when it comes to just "good" pieces and not excellent ones. If Im gonna pay 20k for a piece, might as well pay 60k for a relic piece later instead.
Yeah, it's weird, been in T3 for a few weeks now but I'm still struggling with finding a gear set that isn't shit. T2 it felt really good/easy to get.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
From what I've read you can get these even if you don't get credit for the boss but not entirely sure. I know you can get adventure tome credit for them even if it's not your first kill. Maybe I'll go check tomorrow cause yeah I'm missing a few bosses too in the welcome challenge stuff.
You get adventure tome, but not welcome challenge.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit 1070 todag. Yeah I’m casual trash with too many soccer games and activities.
Am I missing something in regard to knowledge transfer? Wanted to do it for a striker to try it out(play a scrapper as my main)? Do you have to be 52 and unlock the training grind in the stronghold to use it all?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hit 1070 todag. Yeah I’m casual trash with too many soccer games and activities.
Am I missing something in regard to knowledge transfer? Wanted to do it for a striker to try it out(play a scrapper as my main)? Do you have to be 52 and unlock the training grind in the stronghold to use it all?
Think you just need to be lvl 50