Lost Ark Online

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
alright, maybe i'll try it on an alt then.

I'm still tossing around what I wanna play. Been thinking a bard.
Bard is fun to a lot of people, but it’s also NOT fun for a lot of people. I hate playing mine for example. So before you power pass one, or KT one, spend more than just 15 seconds killing monsters in the character creation area. I was hoping my bard would play better in tier 2 like my striker did, but that was just not the case.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought mine played a lot better once I geared her, although yeah it's kinda special, and it can be a huge pita with retards/full ranged parties. Swiftness build with wealth runes makes it a lot better than the basic stuff though, you have lower cooldowns so almost always something to cast and you get access to your identity stuff constantly which lets you pump out heals or dmg as needed. Until that point though or if you go spec build, it feels kinda garbo imo. Overall I like Paladin more, but I hate playing both in pubs equally. I'll get the MVPs but at the cost of generally being a lot slower unless I get lucky or I'm getting carried by higher ilvl ppl for the content. Also tower is fucking awful on supports, it's not AS bad with proper DPS spec, but it requires some additional work and it's still like a bad DPS once you do. Like doing tower on sorc or sharpshooter or even better my shadowhunter was nothing like struggling through this shit with paladin/bard.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I killed tons on Atlas island for a while at a choke point too. While I was laying down nukes, I caught like 3 regular players and even though its a PVP island - I felt bad lol.

Anyone else getting booted from the game lately? Sometimes Ill load into a zone, wont be able to mount, and the game will eventually freeze for a moment, and say Ive been disconnected. I thought I must have been getting lag spikes, but I had 21ms latency this morning when it happened. It's only been happening since the patch Thursday.
I've gotten it a few times in the last week, but also crashes where the game just completely shuts.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've had the lag spikes, although pretty much entirely only in Chaos dungeons. Sometimes at the start of the level or at the end of 2nd level after killing the big boss, I'll lag for ~5secs with stuff not moving and shit, then it goes back. No other issues anywhere else and haven't crashed once yet in like 700hours, even when I was leaving the PC on all night to dodge queues.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I play a sharpshooter as my main right now and I like it. I do really good in CD's, am MVP a lot. is that normal? or am I just grouped with awful randoms?

Whats the standard spec you all suggest?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I play a sharpshooter as my main right now and I like it. I do really good in CD's, am MVP a lot. is that normal? or am I just grouped with awful randoms?

People are just fucking bad, most people are, honestly I get mvp constantly, even on stupid shit. I got MVP on my 1000sharpshooter in T2 abyss even though we had a 1340 winddancer. 20% raid dmg(out of 8people) and some stagger title too even though sharpshooter is absolute ass at stagger. Just how it is, if you're at least trying a little bit and not building like a complete moron you're already ahead of a large part of the pop.

As for my build, I'm going Loyal companion only, avoiding Death Strike until I can get much better gear(or never I kinda like the relaxed playstyle of loyal companion instead of having to time your bursts and shit). I switched from swiftness build to crit build though and seems to work better and helps with mp issues I had on fights where I could constantly DPS. Still have some swiftness but iirc something like 900crit 400swiftness(in T2). I'm following meta skill build from maxroll I haven't even checked most of the skills yet, this is my last alt so I haven't put too much work or time into it, it's like a week old or so now. I like it though it's nice and easy enough for my small brain unlike Gunslinger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

EVERY SINGLE DPS class in Lost Ark is viable.

The difference between "the best" theoretical DPS class and "the worst" is 5-10% at most and can EASILY be made up for by good play, avoiding mechanics to have higher DPS uptime, etc.

I really fucking hate what WoW did to this genre and how people view systems, classes, etc.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd highly recommend against bard. I know people that played the other versions says they're hot shit in whatever end game content they're doing, but it's painful to play in my opinion.

It's a class that has to play in melee range but is like a wet paper bag. And then as mentioned, so many of the abilities are tiny ground target ones, and with how much everything moves, it's like taking the "miss your big ability" phenomenon that people mention, but it's every single skill instead.

The heal and shield abilities seem worse than paladin in every single way. And the buffs just feel bad.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'd highly recommend against bard. I know people that played the other versions says they're hot shit in whatever end game content they're doing, but it's painful to play in my opinion.

It's a class that has to play in melee range but is like a wet paper bag. And then as mentioned, so many of the abilities are tiny ground target ones, and with how much everything moves, it's like taking the "miss your big ability" phenomenon that people mention, but it's every single skill instead.

The heal and shield abilities seem worse than paladin in every single way. And the buffs just feel bad.
Bards are fine when they support mostly ranged groups. They're rough if they have to support melee. Paladin support goes brrrrrrtttt! But, Bard's support is technically "better", even if it's a PITA at times.
I assume the honing mats I get on one character is useable by all?

Sorry for all the questions.
Mats that aren't "bound" are, yes. Some mats bind on acquire, like stuff from endless chaos dungeons, shards, etc.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I assume the honing mats I get on one character is useable by all?

Sorry for all the questions.
Depends, some are bound, some aren't. If you can put it in roster storage or sell them on the AH(tradeable tag), then you can use it on others, if you can't then you can't. This means you shouldn't be opening boxes of mats you don't need. Might be a bit too late for that but yeah if you get island mats or whatever, the boxes are roster bound but the mats themselves are character bound, so once you open them they're stuck on the char.

Various content offers different type of mats. Chaos dungeons for example is unbound guard/destruction stones(from the 2 runs a day, if you do runs past that they become bound), but bound leapstones. Shards are always bound if they're not in bags/boxes. Guardians offer tradeable leapstones instead of bound ones, so you can trade these. Abyss dungeons give weekly bound mats if you pay to open the additional reward. Ghost ship gives weekly unbound mats(but bound upgrade stuff like breath) and so on. It really depends on the source.

One thing you can do to help alts however is Tower. While your main can get all those one time island rewards, your alts can benefit from the reclear rewards in tower. The first clear of tower gives a bunch of random shit like card packs, skill potions, giant hearts and stuff, while the next clears on other chars will give a ton of upgrade mats. So you run all your alts through tower to get a bunch of free mats(bound mats), and then upgrade like that+running their daily chaos and doing una tasks(for leapstones if you want to upgrade fast, although in T1 shards can be better). Honestly alts kinda level on their own with minimal input if you're not feeding their mats to another char. Just do chaos every day, una task for leapstones(quick ones so you don't waste time) and after a few days of that push tower and then you can usually move to the next place. Repeat until T3.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm cleaning all the islands that the welcome thing gives rewards for and have got a ton of mats so I was hoping I could use them for my alt. :)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
A lot of islands give account bound chests so you can definite transfer those to alts. Just dont open them.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm cleaning all the islands that the welcome thing gives rewards for and have got a ton of mats so I was hoping I could use them for my alt. :)

A fair number of them you can. Most things that come in a chest are roster bound allowing you to share on your account.

Items come in 3 different flavors.

( Untradable - Bound ) - This is only for the character the item was acquired on.
( Untradable - Bound to Roster ) - These can be freely traded between your alts and any chracter on your account.
( Tradable ) - You are literally do anything with these. Use them, toss to alts, sell on the AH, mail them whatever.

Most things that come in chest from islands are bound to roster and are really helpful for alts. A couple of islands can even be run twice with an alt.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
until they put out the roadmap, nothing is official. expected to be:

pvp season with accompanying rewards
Destroyer class release
Arcana class release
South Vern region released
Thronespire, a single player dungeon
WAS going to be a new guardian and the first legion raid, but these are likely going to be pushed back

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bards are fine when they support mostly ranged groups. They're rough if they have to support melee. Paladin support goes brrrrrrtttt! But, Bard's support is technically "better", even if it's a PITA at times.

Mats that aren't "bound" are, yes. Some mats bind on acquire, like stuff from endless chaos dungeons, shards, etc.
I think you have that backwards. Bards are almost useless for buffing ranged classes. I guess unless you sit far out with the ranged classes, but then all your skills that are melee distance are then useless (namely the biggest builder spell).