Lost Ark Online

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I saw someone play artist and I am fairly pumped for that. Bard can eat poo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since March is almost done with - what exactly is coming in April?
Well there's a "big" patch coming next thursday, or at least that was the original roadmap plan. It'll have PvP vendor and some free event shit at the very least, not sure if Destroyer is still planned. But yeah we don't really know until they release the updated roadmap. It seems they're doing updates every 2 weeks though which is a good pace to keep people interested I think, DFO was doing the same thing(although sometimes it was just new events and no content depending on what was next) and it definitely helps the boredom when you do some new things and once you start tiring of it, there's some more coming a few days later.

And yeah I forgot to reply to that post, Bard is absolutely better in a 3melee party(especially ass huggers) than in a ranged party. In a ranged party you can't hit people+boss with the pbaoe shield and you have to hit the boss to get meter and the range is shit to shield so unless the casters are close to the boss, you're not hitting them. Same for the 2nd dmg buff, the big music ball shit on the ground, the range is garbo on that and while it generates less meter, it still does if it hits the boss, so you want to drop it so it touches the boss and so ppl can stand in it to get the dmg buff. Ranged players? They don't do that. Then you have the heal, which is hard to coordinate to drop on 3 ranged all spreading all around the place.

I think Bard is best in a premade team with ppl who understand how it works so you can coordinate. You need people to stack up for buffs/shields, you need to coordinate burst phases with your serenade buff. In pubs honestly these 2 skills are pretty fucking useless in a lot of groups cause ppl just spread out or run around like idiots. Paladin on the other hand, both dmg buffs are like 24m radius and the shield can be targetted directly on people even if they're not close to you, and hitting the boss is less of a priority since it's not your big generator(the damage buff skills are). That's why Paladin is a lot easier to play right. Also it has a movement skill and a shorter cd on the spacebar, so much more mobile.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think you have that backwards. Bards are almost useless for buffing ranged classes. I guess unless you sit far out with the ranged classes, but then all your skills that are melee distance are then useless (namely the biggest builder spell).
Yeah, my brain typed that backwards like a moron. Pretty sure I'm getting the heimers.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
i love the hell out of my bard, but you're really making me want to switch to pally.

bard is the best class in chaos dungeons though, by a mile. dissonance plus prelude of death with the aria tripod makes the class feel like ED/Contagion in POE

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I saw someone play artist and I am fairly pumped for that. Bard can eat poo.
From what I understand they're in a pretty bad spot and considered a shit support. Korea is supposedly doing a major balance update soon(now?)though. I'm sure lots of classes will change.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
From what I understand they're in a pretty bad spot and considered a shit support. Korea is supposedly doing a major balance update soon(now?)though. I'm sure lots of classes will change.
Don’t ruin my dreams of complaining about tower on yet another support.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don’t ruin my dreams of complaining about tower on yet another support.
Don't worry, fam. Destroyer is my 2nd favorite class and they're considered to be total dogshit. I like playing the shitters and making people carry me.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Don't worry, fam. Destroyer is my 2nd favorite class and they're considered to be total dogshit. I like playing the shitters and making people carry me.
Destroyer looks fun too. Will definitely try it for the bonking.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
bard is the best class in chaos dungeons though, by a mile.

Spider Man Lol GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Have you tried it? I'm 100% serious. dissonance plus prelude of death with the aria tripod is just like ED/Contagion or having an explodey chest in POE. trash and bosses both melt

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Have you tried it? I'm 100% serious. dissonance plus prelude of death with the aria tripod is just like ED/Contagion or having an explodey chest in POE. trash and bosses both melt

How many other classes have you tried for comparison? My Sorc solo clears 1340 chaos dungeons in like 4 minutes or slightly less, and is far from optimal engravings.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How many other classes have you tried for comparison? My Sorc solo clears 1340 chaos dungeons in like 4 minutes or slightly less, and is far from optimal engravings.
That's my guess. While bard is kind of neat in that you can stand still, the other actual classes shred through stuff. Heck, even paladin has 3 massive AOE skills that clear out everything around you in chaos. It still doesn't compare to a real DPS.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's my guess. While bard is kind of neat in that you can stand still, the other actual classes shred through stuff. Heck, even paladin has 3 massive AOE skills that clear out everything around you in chaos. It still doesn't compare to a real DPS.
Yeah, my Paladin feels smooth to play in Chaos dungeons, but when you look at the actual damage being done...straight pewp.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
1358 shadowhunter, T2 sorc, scrapper, gunslinger.

Not saying i have trouble with chaos dungeons on any characters, but bard is hilariously good at them.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoy my Gunlancer in Chaos Dungeons. We get so many AoE like abilities to work with.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
1358 shadowhunter, T2 sorc, scrapper, gunslinger.

Not saying i have trouble with chaos dungeons on any characters, but bard is hilariously good at them.

And I'm not saying bard is bad at chaos, but you said "best" and "by a mile" and that's just a hard lol. :p

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My paly has never lost to a bard even when I don’t use blessed aura engravement.
Paly is the MVP CHAMP!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Just getting to the gear upgrading and tower/chaos dungeon/etc stuff. It looks like the daily mechanics have built in buffers so you aren’t punished for missing a day, is that right? I like that.

Anyone have a good link that explains all this shit (millions of currencies, rep, stronghold, gear upgrades, etc) succinctly?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Is there a reason why guildmembers are spamming emotes and pings during guild raids? You guys were so annoying I had to turn off the game sound. I've only had to do that in one pug until then.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is there a reason why guildmembers are spamming emotes and pings during guild raids? You guys were so annoying I had to turn off the game sound. I've only had to do that in one pug until then.

Not even sure the ones who were doing that are even forum members. They might be some randos Vold invited.