Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know when they made the change but at some point, they made temporary islands last 10mins more. I can do 2 alakkir per spawn now, I do one then by the time I'm out the island is still there to do another. Trying to get the soul so I don't have to keep doing it this shit but no luck so far.

Just getting to the gear upgrading and tower/chaos dungeon/etc stuff. It looks like the daily mechanics have built in buffers so you aren’t punished for missing a day, is that right? I like that.

Anyone have a good link that explains all this shit (millions of currencies, rep, stronghold, gear upgrades, etc) succinctly?
They have rest systems to not be punished AS MUCH. Basically, you get half the rewards for missing days, up to 5 days. Works for chaos dungeons, guardian raids and una tasks(but not for the rep, only the daily rewards). Personally I use it so I don't run as many guardians every day, I just run them every 3 days(2days of rest to charge up 2 guardians fully for the 3rd day) which helps with the sanity and the time wasted. Still lose half the rewards for these missed days though.

There isn't really a succinct guide to dozens of different systems. There's a very large guide that covers most things https://docs.google.com/document/d/...VS7hQv2Z-sljRrmcE/edit#heading=h.b4zpmegigfuq but it takes a while to go through it and it doesn't cover everything everything. Just the way it is, it's like if you start playing wow or ffxiv knowing nothing and want a guide to like, everything, you're not gonna find one cause there's just so much stuff.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know when they made the change but at some point, they made temporary islands last 10mins more. I can do 2 alakkir per spawn now, I do one then by the time I'm out the island is still there to do another. Trying to get the soul so I don't have to keep doing it this shit but no luck so far.

Can you explain this in a little more detail what you mean? If you can double up on islands that could be very helpful in getting those stupid island tokens out of the fucking way.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

I have a feeling this has been a thing the entire time. I had it happen on RU with islands and a ghost ship.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have a feeling this has been a thing the entire time. I had it happen on RU with islands and a ghost ship.
Na before just recently, the islands lasted 3mins, which is the "normal" time. Bit more because technically it was 3mins from the time someone entered a fresh instance, so sometimes you'd get some a bit delayed, but not much more than that. And before I've showed up late to Tooki several times and it was gone after 3mins.

However now, timed islands like Tooki, Shangra, Alakkir and so on stay up for 10+mins(I read someone said 13mins, which I guess would make sense). So say Tooki, it pops at :50, it stays up until :03 instead of :53. So if you have multiple chars parked outside, you can do it multiple times(for islands where it's doable, for some alakkir repeats there's just not enough ppl to do it so I just do the una task and leave). This is nice for farming souls for some of them, and helps if you're late.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guides and all of that shit is a crap shoot. Easiest way to find out what a currency is for, or does, is on Pirate Coin. I highlighted Pirate coins on Lost Ark Codex, and on those pages - you can find sources and also where to spend them. The coins you get on Atropos were a huge mystery to me until I looked them up and realized thats how you get the island token.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That was over 20 years ago though. And it was essentially the only option.

So if it was the only option, people wouldn't be such pussies

I duuuunnnnooo

signal-2022-03-23-11-41-54-981.jpg

• 1Picard

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Na before just recently, the islands lasted 3mins, which is the "normal" time. Bit more because technically it was 3mins from the time someone entered a fresh instance, so sometimes you'd get some a bit delayed, but not much more than that. And before I've showed up late to Tooki several times and it was gone after 3mins.

However now, timed islands like Tooki, Shangra, Alakkir and so on stay up for 10+mins(I read someone said 13mins, which I guess would make sense). So say Tooki, it pops at :50, it stays up until :03 instead of :53. So if you have multiple chars parked outside, you can do it multiple times(for islands where it's doable, for some alakkir repeats there's just not enough ppl to do it so I just do the una task and leave). This is nice for farming souls for some of them, and helps if you're late.

Ah, I misunderstood. The island events/GS boss respawned on RU if one stayed in the zone long enough. That's nice that they increased the access time of the islands though. That 3-minute window was way too tight.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The complete buttfuckification of the economy and the bots in this game are currently one of the biggest turn offs to keep playing. Unlike the guys who had been playing this before it released I have been struggling to acquire gold and blue crystals, bought some a couple of days ago for like 800g per and also stocked up on some trading mats during the week to sell off and blamo everything fucking tanked yesterday like a brick wall... You can't catch a fucking break in this shithole design.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The complete buttfuckification of the economy and the bots in this game are currently one of the biggest turn offs to keep playing. Unlike the guys who had been playing this before it released I have been struggling to acquire gold and blue crystals, bought some a couple of days ago for like 800g per and also stocked up on some trading mats during the week to sell off and blamo everything fucking tanked yesterday like a brick wall... You can't catch a fucking break in this shithole design.
1000 Gold is back down to 0.3-0.5 cents. The stuff they changed to curb bots only set them back for less than a week. AGS is absolutely horrible at addressing the problem.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Yup. I've been watching the effects on the economy of the RMT and bots from the start and it's pretty much dead at this point. Was logging in every 5ish hours to sell/craft fusions for a small profit, but they dropped to 8g today (so 7g to undercut) so that's a done deal. Could have gone a little farther if it wasn't for the dumb AH tax. It's 5%, but charges per item, not per listing, with a 1g minimum, so selling single things like fusions fucks you over.

The average player is unaware of this, but as they reach tier 3 and the economy stabilizes but is still broken due to bots depressing the value of gathered items, they are going to begin to be starved for gold rather than mats. Higher in tier 3 the gold costs for upgrading are based on people either swiping, or having multiple tier 3 alts running raids for gold that we don't even have yet. Your 4500ish work points per day are supposed to offset this somewhat, and still do somewhat, but is going to become less and less as the market gets even more flooded by people desperate for gold. Who will be competing with the bots. Fishing is already dead, foraging will probably be next.

I'm pretty much in wait and see mode at this point. Unless AGS manages to win this battle there's just not much point. Based on their track record so far, it looks to me like the only thing that will lessen the bots significantly enough is if another MMO releases that is more profitable.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Well I'm glad I've been selling this entire time and not fucking around trying to push. Prices are down 20%-40% (trade stuff) and 60%+ (honing stuff) across the board the last two days on west coast and now t2 mats should hit 1g like t1 stuff shortly. T3 will probably tank even more over the next few days as well. Blue crystals went from 800-1k all day to 400AM-650PM.

Only thing going to have any value soon are t1/t2 shard bags and that will largely only be during new class releases for people who want to rush up.

People still haven't adjusted accessories/gems prices yet as far as I can tell but seems like that should be next to tank.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
EUC prices have been like that for a while, pretty affordable to push right now. T2 dest stones were 2-3g but guard stones were still 8-10g but now they're also 2-3g, T3 guard have been 20g for like over a week, dest was holding at 40g but now down to 20g too. Although I think they announcement that they're giving away a bunch of free mats+people finally getting all their alts to T3 and the lack of reason to push much further once you reach 1385 and not bother pushing for more casual ppl for now as it's only Argos means there's just that many mats on the market now. I've been stockpiling mine to push after the patch and with 5chars running T3 it's just a lot of mats everyday.

Leapstones took a nosedive though, they had been staying strong at 100g for a while but are now in a quick descent, crashing at 60g atm. T2 ones dropped from their regular 25-30g to under 20g too but that's still steep for just spamming an alt to cap since you need like 600 of them or whatever.

Fusion materials are definitely a scam now though wish I didn't craft as many for xp, but eh it's not that much gold lost overall I wasn't chain crafting them either, just making sure I wasn't overcapping but I'll go back to making Neria billboards or whatever.

Prices in general reached a much saner level on EUC, I don't sell garbage accessories for 150g every day anymore, only the better ones, most of the shittier ones only go for 20-30g. Granted that's also ppl running out of pheons to buy stupid shit I think.

Overall while bots are still there and flooding the market, it seems they're largely not generating gold and instead getting their gold from trading, which is why there's a lack of gold going around unlike the early days where ppl were buying up shit for 40k like it was nothing, even though there's no fucking way to make 40k gold easily with our current gold source. Comparatively though it makes RMT gold that much more appealing. If you buy 100k now, at .4 that's only 40euros, and that gives you enormous buying power in the current market.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I think the economy is in a "leveling off" period, now that less of the bot gold is entering into the market. Extremely cheap mats are actually a great thing for F2P players and people were used to there being a massive excess of gold. Gold isn't supposed to be "easy" to get and like Pyros mentioned, you shouldn't have been getting 200g for dogshit accessories, those are dismantling fodder. But, when you have an inflated economy, people didn't give a shit.

The only thing that DOES become a PITA for F2P players is that generating gold from gathering, "crafting", etc. becomes a waste of time in an economy where bots can shit out fish, flowers, etc.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even as a player that hasnt been active in the AH game, the bots are so fucking blatent that as someone said earlier.....if that was the first thing the saw, they would log off and uninstall after 5 mins.

Since the leveling is on a straight rail, anything 10 to 50 will be following the same exact path. Hell, a few queats I had it was hard to get a hit in for quest credit since 4 zerker and 5 sorcs start precasting before the mob spawned and was insta deleted.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I just went through the level experience over the past few days. While I definitely saw bots all over the place I don’t specially remember getting denied kills on quest mobs or anything like that. I’m not saying it never happened…only that if it did it was so little of a time waste that I don’t remember it happening.

I found the ridiculously fast mob respawning to be more annoying than bots (maybe they have it set like that because of the bots?).

The chat spam is also really annoying. They need to give us an option to filter words or something. Muting individual names is beyond pointless.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I just went through the level experience over the past few days. While I definitely saw bots all over the place I don’t specially remember getting denied kills on quest mobs or anything like that. I’m not saying it never happened…only that if it did it was so little of a time waste that I don’t remember it happening.

I found the ridiculously fast mob respawning to be more annoying than bots (maybe they have it set like that because of the bots?).

The chat spam is also really annoying. They need to give us an option to filter words or something. Muting individual names is beyond pointless.

The game uses a channel system, most zones have multiple channels, so your anecdotal experience is meaningless.

There are already word filters in game. The bots just find ways around them, which is why the spam looks like it does. The more strict they make it, the more annoying it is for everyone else and it's already pretty fucking annoying, especially when combined with the "profanity" filter.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

I think it depends on the server and where the main bot farms are in terms of getting banned and stuff. Like I've been running around some of the starting continent zones to clean up the adventure tome and stuff, and sometimes I'd see one lone bot running around or whatever and no one camping shit so it felt fairly "normal". But then I'd run into like 25 zerkers stacked on top of each other camping some shit and yeah, that would suck if you need to kill/loot the thing(assuming there's not other spots for it, a bunch you can just go to another spot before the bot stack gets there and loot and then keep going).

Chat spam on EUC at least on my server is almost gone, unless you do step in those zones. Like Rethramis/Yudia/Luterra is spammed constantly still, but the seas? I've seen like 2 bots in the past 4days, and one I didn't ban cause my queue popped up and they were gone by the time my abyss dungeon was over.

Personally I'd say the current situation is good for me, prices on stuff are down and there's not much direct impact. Now later on, this might end up a bigger problem I guess, especially for new players not having ways to make gold easily but I think that's why they give power passes and shit in other regions, so ppl just go straight to T3 and start farming abyss dungeons and legion raids to make good guaranteed gold every week and not have to rely on gathering and stuff. Also if I was hitting T3 today, I think it'd be a bit rough because you can't make much gold atm in our version. They need to release content that actually rewards good gold, even Argos isn't so great. Granted you can gear up with purple accessories for like 1k gold and have decent stats now, and purple books are like 100-150g each so you can get a 3/3/1 setup for really cheap and be ready for current content, just yeah it feels kinda bad for newer players when you don't generate much gold because there's so few sources of it.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
69rm5l.jpg

It's the first thing I turned off even before there were gold spammers because it was like the barrens chat 2.0.

I literally only turn it on when I'm done with a chaos gate and want a group for my map.

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The game uses a channel system, most zones have multiple channels, so your anecdotal experience is meaningless.

There are already word filters in game. The bots just find ways around them, which is why the spam looks like it does. The more strict they make it, the more annoying it is for everyone else and it's already pretty fucking annoying, especially when combined with the "profanity" filter.
How is my anecdotal observations any different than yours??

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How is my anecdotal observations any different than yours??

If you'd try thinking instead of reacting you wouldn't have to ask that question. The game creates a new channel for a zone whenever the current channel(s) hits the full (red) status. These new channels stay active as long as 1 person is in them. Whenever you enter a zone and get tossed into a channel you could be there with 1 other person, or 5, or 20 bots camping something. My experience is different that yours because not only am I aware of this, but I play 11 characters on 3 different accounts and spend time in many zones, including switching channels often when I'm foraging or mining, and sometimes even when questing. Moving normally through zones does not give you an accurate view of the bot problem, since it's basically rng whether you hit a channel with bots or not.