Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what ia the carrot on the stick for a new class? I would assume that thosw waiting for whatever unreleased class would already have a complete stockpile of mats so leapstones might be the only hurdle.

Wouldnt it be possible to powerpass or KT a new class and lvl it to max on day 1?
Leapstones can be bought cheaply, shards would be the bottleneck for preparing, as bags are somewhat expensive and there's no good source of unbound bags(just chaos gates which is not many, unlike unbound leapstones which just require you run guardians on all your chars to feed whatever char you're making). But yes you can absolutely get a class instantly to T3 with enough preparation. Or well, to 1100, after that you can still get fucked by chaos dungeon RNG on our version if you don't get your 1302 gear. The stories are even optional if you have enough mats, you can just sit in Vern and upgrade, the only downside is finding 802 gear for sale.

They'll likely run events and stuff with the new classes though, and that's what gets people to try them and stuff, that's the appeal for them to use classes as content. New classes releases always kinda gets people back to check it out, assuming the class is interesting(like when they release summoner I doubt too many ppl are gonna show up unless it's the reworked summoner from future KR patches). But they could do that with new KR classes and not keep the "old" classes back instead, which would also make ppl who played these classes on RU/KR not feel like they're wasting their time until the classes release.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Floor 48....like, why?

For going in level appropriate the first tower all 50 levels are 100% a joke with the 50th floor shadow shit on the floor still being gay as fuck. On tower 2 floor 45-49-50 are all turbo aids.

You can come back as Daid said overheated and smash it but then you don't need their mats at that point.

I usually don't waste consumables in there but there are a few stages that can be cheese as fuck with then. For instance if you are talking about Tower 1 - Level 48 you can simply use a pancenta potion which will remove your silence for a moment and hit your awakening 1 shooting that shit trivialize it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
For going in level appropriate the first tower all 50 levels are 100% a joke with the 50th floor shadow shit on the floor still being gay as fuck. On tower 2 floor 45-49-50 are all turbo aids.

You can come back as Daid said overheated and smash it but then you don't need their mats at that point.

I usually don't waste consumables in there but there are a few stages that can be cheese as fuck with then. For instance if you are talking about Tower 1 - Level 48 you can simply use a pancenta potion which will remove your silence for a moment and hit your awakening 1 shooting that shit trivialize it.

Yeah I cheese’d 48 even though I imagine that’s intended. It’s just a really dumb idea of a level.

I’m on 50 now and I’m just at that power level so it’s pretty rough one once they hide the ground.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since it wasn't posted here but I'm sure most ppl have seen, today's patch is literally nothing. I kinda expect next week to also be nothing now, seeing as how the arkesia grand prix event and the login event end on the 14th, so it seems they're putting all their eggs into that basket for a big release. That'd possibly explain why they kept delaying the roadmap too, maybe it's ready but they didn't want to announce that they're basically doing nothing for 2 weeks.

Granted with the prices crashing I've found it easy to put all my chars besides my main on rested cycle, and now I'm basically done in a couple of hours a day, leaving time to do adventure tome or just do something else, so it's not too big of a deal I guess. Tomorrow with the reset I'll get my last legendary piece, get to 1385, unlock the stronghold shit, push my Scrapper to 1340, maybe bard/paladin to 1330 or so and then I'm basically waiting on weekly honing books from events to get every alt to 1340 slowly at low cost.

Did some math and apparently I'll be done in about 3weeks with the 8 ignea tokens at the speed I'm going atm in terms of rapport, might speed it up a bit by dumping gold on crystals to buy those overpriced legendary gift boxes in mari's shop but feels bad to do that. Done with all the side bosses shit too so from now on it's Moake only, hoping I get the omnium star soon and that'll be done with skill potions overall. Not much left after that other than random crap, I'm basically done with una tasks(only like 5-6 reps left and not for really important stuff and the last ones are ending in ~10days). All my chars have about enough leapstones to push to 1340 too so gonna be switching all that shit to Lopang(already 2 of them on it), and I think I'll be able to cut my playtime to 1h30 or so.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a bit behind you, but today was one of those days where I basically finished everything before noon and was just like, well, there's nothing I can even do anymore. And considering 2 of my 3 alts are now in pre-1325 T3, I won't even have abyss to run on em all (although I guess I could run earlier ones for cards and gold).

I have no idea how so many people are maxing out rapport, because it feels like I'm super far from any of them. I'm still working on Nineveh, Calvasus, Sasha, Nia, and Blackfang, and even those are going to take forever. Having ignea tokens at this point seems like a pipe dream to me. I get why I'm behind on una's since I only run 4 chars, but rapport baffles me.

For a question, what does Argos p2 and p3 drop? Just more of the same? Or is there something new?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
trying to figure that out the other day. It’s roughly 2800 gold in BC’s to get the 1 leg / 3 purp chest in Mari (5 times weekly). You can do the single purchase legendary for roughly 400 gold for the rotating purchases, too.
I’m thinking** though, that what people are doing is basically farming the fuck out of wandering merchants. Having a train of alts in tier 3 running lopangs out the ass. Then return songs to each individual continent for each time the merchants are up. If you’re being super sweaty, that’s 18 gifts a day if I’m adding those up correctly. Say 5 of the 18 are legendary, now we’re talking a rough estimate of 13,900 rapport a day. 530,000 silver. 6-7 alts at T3 doing lopang.

Granted, I could only probably catch 10 of those if I was really trying. But I can at least wrap my head around the “how” that way.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
For a question, what does Argos p2 and p3 drop? Just more of the same? Or is there something new?

More of the same. I've said this a bunch but Argos is not intended to be some cool encounter with amazing loot. He is a buffed Guardian and should be considered a 15 minutes / week easy clear for additional jewlery.

trying to figure that out the other day. It’s roughly 2800 gold in BC’s to get the 1 leg / 3 purp chest in Mari (5 times weekly). You can do the single purchase legendary for roughly 400 gold for the rotating purchases, too.
I’m thinking** though, that what people are doing is basically farming the fuck out of wandering merchants. Having a train of alts in tier 3 running lopangs out the ass. Then return songs to each individual continent for each time the merchants are up. If you’re being super sweaty, that’s 18 gifts a day if I’m adding those up correctly. Say 5 of the 18 are legendary, now we’re talking a rough estimate of 13,900 rapport a day. 530,000 silver. 6-7 alts at T3 doing lopang.

Granted, I could only probably catch 10 of those if I was really trying. But I can at least wrap my head around the “how” that way.

If you care about rapport, you're certainly maximizing the wandering merchants. Keep in mind there are quite a few that spawn constantly and it's relatively cheap. With that being said, Ignea's are more of a status symbol than an actual goal and completing some of those rapports is really not a huge deal.

We're in a content drought while we wait on the roadmap. Those ahead of the pack have already completed most of the things they need --- which is why there was an ad nauseam mention of not worrying about increasing your ilvl for Argos as you'd be rushing to hit a wall of boredom sooner (not aimed at anyone in particular, more of a general statement). With that being said, the economy is now in full self-correction mode: gold is a scarce resource. The best thing you can be doing right now is stockpiling that. Valtan is 1415 and will likely come out in May. While there are many, many additional sources of materials that will likely make it's way into April & South Vern's update, one of the things that will remain difficult to obtain is the gold cost of upgrading one (or two) characters. My advice? Use this time to finalize the horizontal progression, stockpile on things you'll need (potions!), and decide what main and secondary character you want based on what's available. Valtan is going to arrive and a lot of people are going to scramble to reach the ilvl requirement -- be the person who is already ready and accounted for the things you'll need rather than scrambling for it a week or two before with the masses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
95l0fseebqq81_png.jpg

Look at German Foler here. Apparently, it is some guy that use to be a big whale in Tera and now is into crypto.

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 09-55-07 Marco Bühler's (@sunnydecree) profile on Instagram • 9 posts.png

Daidraco

You couldnt purchase anything in the cash shop and they brought the servers down fast af, lol. If only they moved that speed for anything else.

As for content - I'm perfectly fine at the moment. If anything, seeing the horizontal content get checked off and knowing that only like 0.01% (or lower) of the players have done/completed that, is really gratifying. The 14th is when the next content update is suppose to hit and Im hoping its South Vern at the minimum. I'm so sick of fucking "Lailai" and Punika Music at this point that I have the game muted 99% of the time now. They also really need to put the Juke Box into the stronghold cause Im sick of that music as well.

• 1Like

Daidraco

View attachment 405983

Look at German Foler here. Apparently, it is some guy that use to be a big whale in Tera and now is into crypto.

View attachment 405985
Probably still does 10% dmg in an 8-man.

I really wish there was something like the PVP ranking that would give you an idea of how good of a player they are. "Congrats, you cash shopped and very likely RMT'd to finishing the game for the next year. Other than having money, or going into debt, what are you actually skilled at?"

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The guy is obviously an extreme whale, but considering his stat and engraving distribution, he's probably better than 90% of sorceresses/players.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah he actually whales smartly, unlike a lot of whales I see at 1450+ that have like expertise/domination shit so they can have the engravings and what not. That looks like a perfect setup, although it's Reflux so might not be the absolute best.

On the rapport thing, I'm not anywhere close, but I just did some math based on the gifts I'm getting from adventure tomes+events+weekly pack, which is quite a lot. On my calculations, I need 350k rapport total atm(which is a stupidly huge amount), but I get 4k rapport a day from song+emote shit(doing high value characters, Sasha and Azena, then splitting the rest on 350rewards) and stuff. I also end up with about 10relic gifts once I finish the adventure tome, so that's 100k right there, and I have 30ish legendary boxes and almost 100 purple boxes so yeah adds up. I literally have fuck all right now, I think I have like 2 NPCs cleared in the regions and they're low ones(Seria for adventurer food I did in my early days and Ryeon's Ghost for the virtue stats), so it's just gonna be a big series of gifts to everyone to get there once I know I have enough. Meanwhile I'm just capping out the other stuff, still have like half a dozen of dungeons to run and some other random crap.

And yeah you can do the wandering merchant stuff, I've farmed my Seria cards already and it was very easy if you know the timers. The vendors give you gifts for the NPCs in that zone too, so they're usually 400+ rather than 300 and rarely they sell legendaries, but it's a lot of silver. On the other hand, I'm at 7m silvers and I've finished upgrading to 1385, I'm gonna dump some silver into some food still but don't have much left to buy, so I'll probably look into wandering merchant rotations for the regions I need, the issue is having the chars for it, I guess I'll switch my alts recall points to luterra/anikka/arthetyne/shushire, and then with lopang spam I should be able to buy a lot of gifts.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah he actually whales smartly, unlike a lot of whales I see at 1450+ that have like expertise/domination shit so they can have the engravings and what not. That looks like a perfect setup, although it's Reflux so might not be the absolute best.

On the rapport thing, I'm not anywhere close, but I just did some math based on the gifts I'm getting from adventure tomes+events+weekly pack, which is quite a lot. On my calculations, I need 350k rapport total atm(which is a stupidly huge amount), but I get 4k rapport a day from song+emote shit(doing high value characters, Sasha and Azena, then splitting the rest on 350rewards) and stuff. I also end up with about 10relic gifts once I finish the adventure tome, so that's 100k right there, and I have 30ish legendary boxes and almost 100 purple boxes so yeah adds up. I literally have fuck all right now, I think I have like 2 NPCs cleared in the regions and they're low ones(Seria for adventurer food I did in my early days and Ryeon's Ghost for the virtue stats), so it's just gonna be a big series of gifts to everyone to get there once I know I have enough. Meanwhile I'm just capping out the other stuff, still have like half a dozen of dungeons to run and some other random crap.

And yeah you can do the wandering merchant stuff, I've farmed my Seria cards already and it was very easy if you know the timers. The vendors give you gifts for the NPCs in that zone too, so they're usually 400+ rather than 300 and rarely they sell legendaries, but it's a lot of silver. On the other hand, I'm at 7m silvers and I've finished upgrading to 1385, I'm gonna dump some silver into some food still but don't have much left to buy, so I'll probably look into wandering merchant rotations for the regions I need, the issue is having the chars for it, I guess I'll switch my alts recall points to luterra/anikka/arthetyne/shushire, and then with lopang spam I should be able to buy a lot of gifts.
Oh, the original post you made had it sounding like you were wrapping up a lot of rapport. I still don't get how Voldeth Voldeth finished up so many, but he's a different animal right now.

I should probably go ahead and make my 5th char, as I've been holding out for new classes. But there's just so much wasted mats sitting there that I'm not grabbing cause everyone is out of tier 1. I don't even know what I want to play of the new classes, it's just more having my options open.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh, the original post you made had it sounding like you were wrapping up a lot of rapport. I still don't get how Voldeth Voldeth finished up so many, but he's a different animal right now.

I should probably go ahead and make my 5th char, as I've been holding out for new classes. But there's just so much wasted mats sitting there that I'm not grabbing cause everyone is out of tier 1. I don't even know what I want to play of the new classes, it's just more having my options open.
Well I'm wrapping it up, in about 3weeks by my calculations. I could get a lot of them cleaned up now by opening my gifts, I just haven't bothered. But I haven't used many gifts yet overall, I gifted Calvassus a fair bit to get the giant heart but that was largely purple gifts from the random boxes island rewards and wandering merchants I randomly ran into, and I gifted Nia but it was past the usual friendly stuff as I had the virtue stats anyway and I was just speeding it up cause I got the omnium star from anguished isle so I wanted the legendary wealth. Besides that and some small gifts here and there(I had to max totomo or whichever of these dumbasses to get the Joy emote for Azena rapport) I've just been keeping all my gifts which is why I have a bunch to work on this. If I used up everything though I could probably get 4-5 adventure tome complete, like rethramis/yudia/west luterra and then one of anikka/shushire/rothendel I could complete right now, but that leaves the rest including Arthetyne which is like a third of the total rapport needed.