Lost Ark Online

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
When was that posted? I just don't see how they need an extra 4 months minimum for that. They've had what a year now.
I think this delay is a marketing decision by Amazon and they just need a bunch of industry gobbly-Faulty Armor to justify a "delay" to fans/customers.

I think this is a fucking monumental marketing blunder by Amazon. The longer you wait, especially with stuff like Endwalker on the horizon, the higher the chance people get "attached" to other games. This seems like it's all about "clearing room" for New World and I just don't think that game has any sort of longevity to it at all.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lost Ark is pretty much all I'm looking forward to in the near future for MMOs, New World looks so soulless. Maybe I'll just look into playing RU or KR if that's possible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think this delay is a marketing decision by Amazon and they just need a bunch of industry gobbly-Faulty Armor to justify a "delay" to fans/customers.

I think this is a fucking monumental marketing blunder by Amazon. The longer you wait, especially with stuff like Endwalker on the horizon, the higher the chance people get "attached" to other games. This seems like it's all about "clearing room" for New World and I just don't think that game has any sort of longevity to it at all.
But outside of Cosmetics - FFXIV doesnt force inconsequential bullshit down your throat every single day. You can no life it, sure - but you'll run out of shit rather quickly. Even if people dont no life it, they'll still have more than enough time to play other shit a few months after release. Sure, more if you want to max out every class - but then you're just being "extra".

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was only talking about PCs. Every NPC has VO. Not just quest NPCs, pretty much every NPC you walk by will say something. LA probably has more VO than any other mmo, except maybe Swtor. Was just pointing out that there's no VO related to adding additional advanced classes. The only time a new class has any related VO it's because it's a new base class, like Assassin was, and needs a 1-10 intro. And your class doesn't affect what quests you get, or what quest NPCs say to you.

That's what I figured and where the vast majority of work is going.

It's kind of sad that with that extra time they wont add the missing classes. I really wanted lance master.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That's what I figured and where the vast majority of work is going.

It's kind of sad that with that extra time they wont add the missing classes. I really wanted lance master.

I feel you. I think almost any of the missing classes would have been a better choice than the female gunslinger. The male martial artists makes sense. But, the LM is IMO one of the best designed classes. Really smooth combat animations, too. And not choosing the class who basically transforms into Iron Man? Or the rogue class? Don't get it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Mixed feelings, it sucks that it's delayed obviously but there was no way that it wouldn't overlap with Endwalker somehow...so the delay will make easier for me to enjoy both.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only use the term p2w when it involves pvp, otherwise it's pretty meaningless. If we are talking about pay-to-progress, then TL can hardly be any worse in that regard than Lost Ark.

And, yeah, it's been in development for like a decade, and would have been out by now, but after LA launched, and some focus testing they decided to make some major changes. Lineage is pretty much their flagship IP, so I guess they want to get it right. Regardless, it's going to launch someday, and it's quite possible that it will be before Amazon finally shits out their version of LA. If they are in the final stretch 4-5 months is plenty of time for an announcement, couple of beta events and launch.
NCSoft is really stupid. All they have to do print money is make a direct update to Lineage 2; just update the graphics to UE4/5, add in normal 3d movement (no click to move) and it would be a success.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

It's funny, because I feel like delaying New World was a fuck up with so much other stuff coming out in October.

Now they're delaying this one and making the same mistake. Again.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As to why LA is delayed til 2022? Two reasons most likely; They want New World to be the focus of Amazon Games during the holiday season, and the cynic in me wants to believe that Amazon wants more time to brind diversity / inclusivity to the npcs in LA (during the alpha you could see that ingame npc's didn't match up with how they were presented in cutscenes).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As to why LA is delayed til 2022? Two reasons most likely; They want New World to be the focus of Amazon Games during the holiday season, and the cynic in me wants to believe that Amazon wants more time to brind diversity / inclusivity to the npcs in LA (during the alpha you could see that ingame npc's didn't match up with how they were presented in cutscenes).
New World is going to get fucking decimated by FFXIV come the holidays, especially if people like Asmo are playing/streaming it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New World is going to get fucking decimated by FFXIV come the holidays, especially if people like Asmo are playing/streaming it.
I'm sure it will. Endwalker will probably break several concurrent player records, but I'm also sure Amazon wants to keep people playing New World through the holidays with at least 1 content drop. No reason to throw LA into that mix too soon.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Do they need to last that long? There's no sub. It's all about box/pack sales from what I've seen. Nothing in the shop seems worth it, at least atm. So they get a few months of it being the "new" mmo to play and then it falls off a cliff. My current expectations was to play for 2-4 months and be done already. I was hoping to have LA to play after that, but now it seems I can do some FFXIV to fill the gap. Then only pray its really is "Early" 2022, as FFXIV usually doesn't give long to finish story/dungeons/raids for 1 job.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do they need to last that long? There's no sub.
For the amount of money they've invested after repeated start/stops, restarts, delays, and even changing sort of the original "vision" of the game? I think they kind of do.

Regardless, I think this is less about New World and more about the potential financial harm they're inflicting by delaying Lost Ark. That game is a fucking cash COW just waiting to be milked(I honestly think it has the potential to surpass WoW as the #2 MMO - especially considering the numbers out of Korea recently), yet they are brushing it out of the way for a game like New World? It seems like such a stupid fucking business decision to me.

• 1Salty

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the amount of money they've invested after repeated start/stops, restarts, delays, and even changing sort of the original "vision" of the game? I think they kind of do.

Regardless, I think this is less about New World and more about the potential financial harm they're inflicting by delaying Lost Ark. That game is a fucking cash COW just waiting to be milked(I honestly think it has the potential to surpass WoW as the #2 MMO - especially considering the numbers out of Korea recently), yet they are brushing it out of the way for a game like New World? It seems like such a stupid fucking business decision to me.
Oh I agree I think they are mismanaging it to give preference to their own game. I think it will easily outstrip their own game and could easily climb to the top of done right in both players and very easily money wise.

Oh well, too late now. Can only hope they dont delay again and its actually very early next year.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The thing about Lost Ark, and one of the reasons this is a poor decision, is that due to the daily/weekly/workpoint limits LA endgame just doesn't have enough to do in a day to take up as much time as your usual MMO. Unless your a 2ish hour a day casual player. Anyone else can easily fit in another full-time MMO while playing LA.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's just baffling. There has been shit all to play for the last year. This is a game that doesn't require much to push out the door. But in another 6 weeks or so the floodgates of gaming open and there will be tons of competition.

Amazon in their infinite wisdom decided that they wanted to wait and compete in the crowded market instead of take advantage when there is nothing else to play.

• 1Like

Cybsled

LA and NW are pretty different games. LA seems to have more in common with Diablo than WoW/FF14.

Numbers from Korea/China are always "take with a grain of salt" since most of that shit comes from PC Cafes/PC Bangs vs. actual personal PC ownership and those audiences are already conditioned for p2w bullshit.

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

pay to progress is p2w, this is korean diablo. top 3 mmo is laughable, if we call this an MMO

• 1Picard