Lost Ark Online

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
LA is D3 but as an MMO - its nothing like FF14 or WoW - twist it how you want but its not those games - its a dam ARPGMMO! - at no point did i play LA and think of wow or ff14, the only thing was D3.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya, there is a lot of COPIUM in those posts. It’s an action rpg with extra features

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can play the Russian version now. I downloaded and have put in about 10 hrs or so on it. The English translation is off quite a bit, but the only thing that really bothers me is that the loading screens that try to explain some concepts are still in Russian, so I have no clue what I'm missing.

Graphics and skills are def top notch though.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If someone brings up FF14 positively in multiple threads is that “spamming”? Something tells me you don’t think so.
So you really get annoyed when people discuss and compare MMO's and FFXIV comes up in that? Touchy feely subject, or as they nowadays say: "triggered".

At the same time you aren't discussing the MMO, in general or particular systems, you just come in and state "FF14 is a dogshit game".

At the end, it's always the people that got filtered hard, boosted, and Quin69'ed out at the end:

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So you really get annoyed when people discuss and compare MMO's and FFXIV comes up in that? Touchy feely subject, or as they nowadays say: "triggered".

At the same time you aren't discussing the MMO, in general or particular systems, you just come in and state "FF14 is a dogshit game".

At the end, it's always the people that got filtered hard, boosted, and Quin69'ed out at the end:

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy. It’s okay to talk good about a game or bring it up but I can’t shit on it?

I gave the game more than enough time. Yes, I fast forwarded with a boost because the leveling was excruciating. What I found was more crappy story with slightly improved gameplay.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It’s okay to talk good about a game or bring it up but I can’t shit on it?
Okay, now we rewind time a bit. The original post was "New World is going to get fucking decimated by FFXIV come the holidays", to which you replied "FF14 is a dogshit game."

Please explain to me how this is a form of discussion, and not you just whining about your frustration.

It doesn't even matter if FFXIV is good or not, or if you like it or not. Hype is currently swinging that way, while New World is having a lot of problems with content, and especially their back-end. And sadly, Lost Ark is getting buried under Amazon trying to pseudo-hype New World.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
‘New World is going to get fucking decimated by FF14’ is a discussion? It’s just a garbage hot take. The two games are so wildly different I don’t see how anyone that is interested in one would be interested in the other.

You act like that line is some kind of logic bomb getting dropped in the thread when it’s actually on the same level as me just outright calling FF14 shit.

Cybsled

Fine, let's lay it out differently

1) New World is trying to compete in the traditional MMO space based on how the game is designed
2) There are concerns about the longevity of the content and how long people will stick with the gameplay loop
3) FF14 is currently on a massive roll and about to drop a major expansion on the heels of one of the best received expansions in MMO history
4) As a result, FF14 is going to vacuum up most of the press and attention, which will hinder NW attention unless they pull some stuff out of a hat beyond what was seen in beta and REALLY wow some people

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
1) yes, NW is an MMO but other than that the game design and setting are wildly different than FF14. It’s not quite as big as a difference as NW is to say, EVE, but the gap is wide.
2) it’s a brand new game so of course it doesn’t have a great depth of content. As a counterpoint Amazon has shown they pump out content faster than most studios.
3) like I said before, I don’t see how these games are competing for many of the same players. The total MMO playerbase doesn’t switch between every MMO equally.
4) continuation of 3, these games share the same genre but not necessarily the same subset of players. I see ads and articles for FF14 and I might breeze through it, doesn’t mean I’ll fire up my account to give it another whirl.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
2) it’s a brand new game so of course it doesn’t have a great depth of content. As a counterpoint Amazon has shown they pump out content faster than most studios.
He said as they just delayed two game releases.

Cybsled

They added PvE content when they realized people didn’t want a scuffed Rust with swords

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1) yes, NW is an MMO but other than that the game design and setting are wildly different than FF14. It’s not quite as big as a difference as NW is to say, EVE, but the gap is wide.
3) like I said before, I don’t see how these games are competing for many of the same players. The total MMO playerbase doesn’t switch between every MMO equally.
4) continuation of 3, these games share the same genre but not necessarily the same subset of players. I see ads and articles for FF14 and I might breeze through it, doesn’t mean I’ll fire up my account to give it another whirl.
It doesn't change the fact that it'll still be compared to its peers, of which FF14 is one and will destroy it numbers wise - which was my point.

I'm sure New World will float along for a while, like a lot of the B tier MMOs. But Amazon has a potential A tier MMO on their hands with Lost Ark and they're "clearing room" for a B tier one. It just doesn't make business sense.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Perhaps they don't like the licensing / royalty deal they are getting for Lost Ark?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I think it’s too early to relegate NW as B tier. The quality level is there - it’s going to depend on Amazon’s post release performance.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think it’s too early to relegate NW as B tier. The quality level is there - it’s going to depend on Amazon’s post release performance.
If their PRE-release performance is any indication, I don't know how you could have much faith. Especially considering the overall history of the game..

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If their PRE-release performance is any indication, I don't know how you could have much faith. Especially considering the overall history of the game..

I don’t understand. I’ve followed MMO development for a long time and they usually take a long time and there are always huge bumps in the road. The only thing different about this development cycle was the pivot from PvP to more of a PvE focus.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The only thing different about this development cycle was the pivot from PvP to more of a PvE focus.
And you don't see the problem this creates? Completely redoing the original "vision" for the game, when its foundation is in PvP?

How well have games done that attempt to appease both crowds?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Perhaps they don't like the licensing / royalty deal they are getting for Lost Ark?

Seriously doubt that. If they didn't like it, they wouldn't have taken it. Remember, this is fucking Amazon, they don't exactly have the same "need money now!" of a regular studio. They are delaying the game because of NW and because they can.