Lost Ark Online

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
My issue with the chaos dungeon is that SG's answer to making them complex is just to have mobs that move out of attacks. They are just not fun. But, if one does any daily activity in the game the chaos dungeons are the most efficient/rewarding.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
At least AGS is consistent in their utter idiocy. Lots of rage on the forums today:

"We just had a 6 hour maintenance to remove stuff that they’ve given us. They decided to not remove the stuff and let people keep it. But the players who didn’t log in to claim those mails still left with nothing and 6 hour maintenance. Am I missing something here?

Okay, they prevented an exploit that people used to get EXTRA pheons than those they got in the mail. What about other people who didn’t even get mail? Why can’t they get same amount of pheons that other people got?"

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
My issue with the chaos dungeon is that SG's answer to making them complex is just to have mobs that move out of attacks. They are just not fun. But, if one does any daily activity in the game the chaos dungeons are the most efficient/rewarding.
I know I'm something of a masochist but I really like chaos dungeons. They're quick to clear (I enjoy trying to beat my clear times) and extremely rewarding; gold, silver, accessories, guardian stones, destruction stones, leapstones, tripods, gems, books, etc. I don't want them to be more complex, leave that to legion raids.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My problem with this is that the main content is the daily dungeon room, and mindlessly repeating it over and over and over and over again. And then doing it again other characters. There is a ton of other stuff to do, but there is not much point or rewards for the effort. Like sailing. Or leveling, or exploring. Etc.

In fact, you actively hurt your character progress if you don't do the daily dungeon room on endless repeat.
I keep checking this thread, and man, it makes me glad I quit so long ago. I can't imagine still running the same fucking chaos dungeons and guardians every day.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep checking this thread, and man, it makes me glad I quit so long ago. I can't imagine still running the same fucking chaos dungeons and guardians every day.
Not just that, but to do it for a chance....to possibly...perhaps...upgrade your armor.....if you are lucky.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Not just that, but to do it for a chance....to possibly...perhaps...upgrade your armor.....if you are lucky.
That's extremely disingenuous. 4 posts up from you, Chimney talks about how he hasn't been doing them in forever and is still able to do the current tier of raid content without issues. This is akin to someone saying "I'm so glad I quit Everquest; I can't imagine needing to grind mobs in BoT in order to increase my resists by 10 after a few days of grinding." Yes, if you're looking to min/max and stay at the cutting edge of the game, you do your chaos dungeons every day (just like you would grind AAs in EQ). That doesn't make it mandatory; you can choose not to do that shit if you don't want to once you reach the point of being able to clear the current content that you do enjoy (which is what most people did in EQ - you grinded the AAs that were necessary to be viable and stopped there except for an occasional day or two).

I'll wait for one of you to post the MMO content that you've replaced Lost Ark with that is anywhere near close to the Clown raid from a perspective of fun, complex, & non-RNG dependent rewarding. How's New World working out on that front?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK, that is easy. Not really playing any at the moment. Throne and Liberty will be the next one I look at. I touch Everquest occasionally to play with the wife and finished playing New World a couple of weeks ago. In my mind there are no really good MMO's on the market. At this stage it really just come down to picking which one suits your playstyle the most as there really are no real standouts.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
OK, that is easy. Not really playing any at the moment. Throne and Liberty will be the next one I look at. I touch Everquest occasionally to play with the wife and finished playing New World a couple of weeks ago. In my mind there are no really good MMO's on the market. At this stage it really just come down to picking which one suits your playstyle the most as there really are no real standouts.

That's really my point here. We raid 3-4 nights a week with a stable crew of forums folks who enjoy the raid content. There is no other MMO on the market that is able to provide the entertainment that Lost Ark presently does. It isn't even close.

For anyone interested in joining us, tomorrow is a free catch up day. They're releasing a patch which will include a free power pass and boost to 1445. Current end-game is reachable within a few weeks from there. Come watch Lumi Lumi make a Reaper and show all the Reapers how to play.

Patch notes:

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
After the first few weeks of any game, we end up grinding the same shit. But, Lost Ark's lack of rewards for the grind is a major factor to quit the game as soon as I find something to replace it 5 characters doing Valtan/Vykas/Clown and 1 argos/valtan/Vykass with no nothing of value. I have been gold-limited on honing for a while. Now, I am also spending gold for raiding consumables as I missed all of the AGS fuckups, current and previous, and the boxes they gave. I won't even touch non-rewarding inferno modes because of my consumables issue.

I understand bad streaks of RNG but there has never been a time in Lost Ark that I felt adequately rewarded for time spent. Now, the well is running dry.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patch dropped... and they stole back all of your ill-gotten pheons.

Legendary engraving prices already dropping.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got almost 40k worth of books from the gamble.

Got a ton of large shard pouches from the things too. 20+ and then whatever other garbo. Seemed worth since pouches are 700+ gold themselves.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Patch dropped... and they stole back all of your ill-gotten pheons.

Of course they did. Because the only way to maintain their level of retardation was to go back on their word. "We're having an emergency maintenance to remove those Pheons! Nope, you get the maintenance and get to keep your Pheons! Psyche! We're taking the Pheons! LOL!"

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
QLwQkOF.png

Note: if you have negative most of the AH categories block you from buying stuff. Even weird stuff like engravings.

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Patch is out and it's amazing. The amount of QOL stuff that is finally is makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Also: Scouter buffs.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to thank all the forum bros who helped me with my recent insanity. I've completed my page 2 objectives and will now be running Valtan 12 times a week:

1668705895659.png

1668705920811.png

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Only fix they really need to make is the ridiculous dc issues.

It baffles me to no end that Amazon of all companies is unable to fix server issues like this. I'd really like to know how they managed to break things.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It baffles me to no end that Amazon of all companies is unable to fix server issues like this. I'd really like to know how they managed to break things.

Pretty sure it's not a server issue, it's EAC. Which, considering the state of the economy, does exactly jack and shit.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Still no official date but it's coming in December:

As someone who never got to push Brel, this is the update I've most been looking forward to. My roster has been set for some time with the exception of rolling an Artist when they release it (please January!). Here's hoping for some favorable bracelet RNG!