Lost Ark Online

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm on Valtan so the server is hopping, but 90% of my LFP is just bussing. Granted I'm only logging on reset day, but it was usually the opposite where maybe 10% are bus posting. Still a raid always available, but it's like we're back in WoW GDKP spam.

I enjoy the raids, but pushing up chars has just lost the appeal. I have my 1490/2x 1445/3x 1425 left all w/ L7 gems and 4x3. About 1500 GHL and a dozen stacks of each stone banked plus all the chests of various honing mats from the last 4 months of logins/vendor buyouts. I'm in a good spot to do anything but not motivated and I'm still going to delete 4 more of those characters when my excess stuff is exhausted. Though none of it feels necessary. Even if I kept up 20-30 hours a week from Vikas until now I'd probably just be richer which while great is pretty irrelevant atm. The raids can easily be done in 3x3 or less. The gear treadmill feels like it's more for other players to invite you than for the game itself.

Plus the amout of time needed to raid on 6 chars vs what I can earn in an hour of boss rushes is also a crazy disparity (assuming no baller accessory drops ofc). I have 10-30 tickets left on each char plus who knows how many cube since I hate doing them, but they are probably worth the gamble for legendary books so I'll do them at some point.

For casuals or late starters it seems like a losing battle if they aren't extremely patient. 20 books is 3-5 months of raids now depending on class. Pheon costs are wrecking people trying to cut good stones. Feels like it's just going to get worse as Brel rolls in when people start seeing how much 1 tap costs to upgrade.

Idk I just need new content to drum up some hype and another char pass to raise up my last scrapper for the 3 scrapper squad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe they havent adjusted blue crystal prices. Shit is an absolute joke for pheon/crystalline aura costs.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure they would see an increase in players just by removing pheons. The game has enough gold sinks already. I have 3 months of aura left. I'll probably just spend the $20 on a different server every 6 months for the aura.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I can't believe they havent adjusted blue crystal prices. Shit is an absolute joke for pheon/crystalline aura costs.

They won't. That price is controlled by the players. As long as buyers continue to pay the stupidly high price it will stay that way. We got extra screwed by AGS letting the economy get fucked by bots and RMT so early.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
They won't. That price is controlled by the players. As long as buyers continue to pay the stupidly high price it will stay that way. We got extra screwed by AGS letting the economy get fucked by bots and RMT so early.

What I don't understand is... When bots are rampant, and the price of gold on PlayerAuctions/G2G/whatever your chinese site of choice is very low... THAT is when blue crystal prices spike. When a bot ban wave happens, the price of crystals plummets, which makes absolutely no sense to me... You'd think demand would go up in these cases, not down, as the alternative through China is not as worthwhile.

I really don't understand it all. All i know is i refuse to pay 20k gold for 100 pheons and then failing 15 stones in a row trying to get a 7/7.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What I don't understand is... When bots are rampant, and the price of gold on PlayerAuctions/G2G/whatever your chinese site of choice is very low... THAT is when blue crystal prices spike. When a bot ban wave happens, the price of crystals plummets, which makes absolutely no sense to me... You'd think demand would go up in these cases, not down, as the alternative through China is not as worthwhile.

I really don't understand it all. All i know is i refuse to pay 20k gold for 100 pheons and then failing 15 stones in a row trying to get a 7/7.

The BC prices go up when RMT gold is cheap because the gold has less value. It's basic economics. :)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Game is fun there is just no depth or longevity to it. It's just conditioning to have you log in daily for your food pellet.

While the raids are fun running the same content week after week gets old fast. It's one thing to run a complete raid like WoW for a 4-6 month period with way more rewarding loot systems. Running a single boss right for random McDogshit for 4-6 months is insanity.

Combat for the game is pretty fun, but the treadmill for the nonexistent carrot just isn't worth it beyond a cursory glance.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Shits 35k for 100 pheons on NAW.

Anyone who didn't start early or isn't swiping on the regular is getting mega boned =O

I think from Vykas release onwards (4 months) the pheon rewards were around 300ish which was just enough for me to buy relic jewelry and get a "good enough" 6/7 stone cut for my new scrapper.

All i know is i refuse to pay 20k gold for 100 pheons and then failing 15 stones in a row trying to get a 7/7.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
TY for carry sirs. That raid was a pain in the ass for me.
There was no carry. You did your part, which is more than your average PUG will do!

After a lot of honing last night, my Brel page 1 crew is finally ready (well, minus a lot of work on engravings & gems to do!):

1667577446455.png

Gonna take a good month of re-stocking gold and then move onto page 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Field bosses, islands, and gates appear to be starting at 11 after daylight savings time.

Wandering merchant schedule is still shifted by an hour. Or maybe the website is the part that's off

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Oooh another pass? Another scrapper incoming.

Yes. They're giving a 1445 express pass, which is exactly right. They're also patching in the Tripod changes (thank God) and the balance patch -- you may want to consider an Arcanist after the balance change pass if you haven't played one yet (or like you said, just keep power passing your Scrapper army!).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yes. They're giving a 1445 express pass, which is exactly right. They're also patching in the Tripod changes (thank God) and the balance patch -- you may want to consider an Arcanist after the balance change pass if you haven't played one yet (or like you said, just keep power passing your Scrapper army!).

I made an arcanist, but it was one of the first that got deleted as I didn't really care for it. Only classes I haven't leveled to t3 or tried at all are gunslinger, shadow hunter and scouter.

I've got glavier, zerk, sorc on the roulette delete list to be replaced by the next scrapper.

I guess I should do my tripods on the new scrappers too before the weeks out ;[

Twitch drop every day should be pheons, pheons and more pheons.