Lost Ark Online

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heroes of Arkesia,
All Lost Ark servers and regions will be taken offline on Wednesday, December 28th at 12 AM PT / 8 AM UTC / 9 AM CET for our weekly maintenance. Downtime is estimated to last up to 4 hours.
When game servers come back online after this update, players will find a special end of the year gift in their mailboxes.
This gift will include the following items:
  • Ancient Platinum Coin x100
  • Collective Battle Item Chest x10
  • Legendary Card Pack Selection Chest
  • Pheons x100
  • Magick Society Special Dye Chest x10
  • Mokoko Skin Selection Chest
Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you in Arkesia soon!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can we let the intern who sent out the pheons per character handle this one too? That is a fucking nice gift set.

Malakriss

Apparently there was a mixup and the Battle item chests were random, they claim they will fix it by sending out selection chests later. Let's hope they don't make us go negative potions.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Thank you, the intern, for the free pots. Sure, they were random but there's no way they go to take them back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thank you, the intern, for the free pots. Sure, they were random but there's no way they go to take them back.
Bless be the intern for now Q has 1000000 green pots to use.

Silver generation with the new honing costs is ridiculous due to how scarce of a resource it is. I knew it would be bad based on other regions' feedback and had a good 70 million saved up before the patch. I'm down to 25k and I just got a level 9 gem I can't re-roll because of that in spite of the fact that I have 10 lopang alts.

Put a lot of work into fixing my roster though -- switched my scrapper to Taijutsu (minus the tripods that I still need to get) alongside with finally 5x3ing all my characters. My main page has full level 7 gems as well, which is a noticeable damage increase and just feels good to play. I wish they would bring the proposed KR system to NA as playing a new alt feels terrible for the first 1.5 months and must drive off any new players pretty hard. I'm still torn as to whether or not I want to move the Destroyer or Arcanist to page 1 to replace the Zerker though -- I'm not good enough to play Mayhem.

Updated Roster -

page 1:

1672430565031.png

page 2:

1672430602695.png

page 3:

1672430763619.png

• 1Like

Malakriss

Boss Rush Normals have "temporarily" set their boxes to 1375 ilevel to combat bots from gem farming. This will likely impact and piss off part of the playerbase while the bots are full steam again within the week.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Guild updates:

We are pretty consistent in raiding 3-4 times a week and continue to be (just like everyone) in need of support players. If anyone is interested in playing a Paladin or Bard and wants some help to start up in order to raid, feel free to PM me and I'll help set you up.

We achieved the number one rank in the PVE GVG time for Regulus this week. There's still a lot of things we need to optimize to compete across servers but it should be doable:

1673209515484.png

Rowen will be coming out soon, which has some open PVP elements that I know a few of us will be enjoying with PVP builds. In spite of being an Asian MMO with P2W aspects, the game actually has a healthy population with new content coming out every month. There really isn't anything else to play on the landscape coming out anytime soon, so if you're bored and looking for an MMO to play during winter, hit us up!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Recent ban wave (apparently against RMTers as well as the bots) has reduced the number of T3 gems from 60k pages down to 4k

edit: down to 2k now, geez this kneecapped the market

Last edited:

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Recent ban wave (apparently against RMTers as well as the bots) has reduced the number of T3 gems from 60k pages down to 4k

edit: down to 2k now, geez this kneecapped the market
Right after I invested most of my gold into shard bags, too. Wouldn't be the first time a ban wave screwed my market moves.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
So what is the minimum amount of alts I can get away with and still be able to experience all normal content. I never really got into the game but always wanted to. I really don't have the time to maintain a ton of alts to grind with. So what could I get away with, if I'm willing to spend a little cash and I don't need to compete with some of these folks running extreme modes, I just want to get to whatever the minimum ilvl is to see the content, do the raids. One alt in t3 , two?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
There are people raiding at the high end that dont have any alts, but it would be difficult for you to catch up since theyve been staying current for all this time. You can get away with only one or two as free to play probably if you dont mind being a little behind or paying to catch up.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So what is the minimum amount of alts I can get away with and still be able to experience all normal content. I never really got into the game but always wanted to. I really don't have the time to maintain a ton of alts to grind with. So what could I get away with, if I'm willing to spend a little cash and I don't need to compete with some of these folks running extreme modes, I just want to get to whatever the minimum ilvl is to see the content, do the raids. One alt in t3 , two?

Probably a longer response than you were looking for but I think it's important since the subject isn't as simple as it is in other MMOs:

All content is available to be played, traditionally directly at release provide you maintain a single character and complete all your tasks and are willing to spend the average cost that you would to play a sub MMO (e.g. box + sub). The content release cycles are specifically designed so that it's incredibly easy to reach the minimum threshold. There are however several caveats to that which makes it misleading:

1) Individuals who run multiple characters will be well above those thresholds and the power growth is exponentially larger. The difference between me & someone who is at ilvl for a raid is massive.
2) You will not be able to generate sufficient gold for your sole character to be very viable. You'll be in rather 'meh' accessory builds that prioritize being economical and your gems & cards will be laughable.
3) As a result of (1) & (2) you will have a difficult time finding a party for the current tier of raids. You'll mostly be relegated to needing to raise your ilvl beyond the threshold before anyone will really consider you, short of the types of groups you want to avoid.
4) The game will not have sufficient content even for a casual MMO player at the end game if you're only playing one character. Daily content (which the game has a heavy emphasis on) will take you about 20-30 minutes to complete and you're not even needing to do them daily with rested bonuses. The raids, while incredibly fun / challenging are limited to once per week. You can clear them all in one day. You will have boatloads of horizontal content however (much of this will actually be fun to do) but it won't directly increase your power level very much.

Based on the above, I'd strongly recommend anyone who wants to start to also be prepared to create ~2 alts, even on the casual side of things. It will help reduce the negatives mentioned above significantly, in addition to the fact that the class & combat design is actually probably one of the strongest points of the game. For context, I am traditionally someone who hates alts and sticks to one character in all MMOs I play - LA is the only exception to that that I can recall and I've played pretty much every large MMO released and raided in most of them.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Thank for the response. I figured around 2x alts is something I could manage. And if not in a super rush the time it takes to get the alts leveled up doesn't seem like much of a concern (and as you say lot of catch up systems in place). Ok that kind of validated my thoughts and seems like a good plan. Any suggestion on what ilvl to park my main at currently and start working on alts?

Del

Vyemm Raider
Would be best if you worked on them concurrently. You'll generally have time, you're soft capped on running 2 chaos dungeons and 2 guardian raids a day. Doesn't take long to finish both.

Malakriss

Evidently Amazon decided to blanket ban inactive accounts so people who haven't played for awhile might have a ban slapped on them.

Played for 4 hours last February? You probably got banned today.

edit: fixed for most people, but if you still have this on your account note that other games like Rust will see the ban on your profile and may prevent you from playing, so you should contact support to get it corrected.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thank for the response. I figured around 2x alts is something I could manage. And if not in a super rush the time it takes to get the alts leveled up doesn't seem like much of a concern (and as you say lot of catch up systems in place). Ok that kind of validated my thoughts and seems like a good plan. Any suggestion on what ilvl to park my main at currently and start working on alts?

You're starting fresh, correct? If so, you'll be running your main until you run out of things to do (which will happen shockingly fast). This is when you'll make your first alt, using any extra time you want to. You can gauge how many alts work for you from.

Just some general advice: do some research on your class selections. This is such a huge part towards your enjoyment; the Discord is pretty active if you need any help or advice.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The roadblock you will most likely run in to is when you hit the daily chaos / guardian treadmill. This is where I believe that a majority of the player base either A) quit B) started betting.

Very quickly you will hit that treadmill and you just have 1 main, you have 30 mins to an hour of content. The more alts...the more 30 min to 1 hr content you have grinding the same exact shit.

The more hard-core players here either play 6 to 12 to 18 toons across multiple accounts for 10+ hrs a day, they swipe their credit card, or they bot...or any combination of the 3.

If you do not employ 1 of those 3 strategies or any combination of the 3....you can expect to do the exact same content for a month repeatedly before you get any currency to hit the next tier up.

I played religiously at the start and saw that treadmill and understood why the botting was out of control. I purchased a bot myself and had the game farm currency for me just so I could play a main toon....which ironically made me not want to play the game anymore lol. I don't even think the massive betting was for any sort of RMT...but more so just so someone could play the fucking game and progress and not do the same chaos / una / guardian anytime they logged into the game.

• 1Moron

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The roadblock you will most likely run in to is when you hit the daily chaos / guardian treadmill. This is where I believe that a majority of the player base either A) quit B) started betting.

Very quickly you will hit that treadmill and you just have 1 main, you have 30 mins to an hour of content. The more alts...the more 30 min to 1 hr content you have grinding the same exact shit.

The more hard-core players here either play 6 to 12 to 18 toons across multiple accounts for 10+ hrs a day, they swipe their credit card, or they bot...or any combination of the 3.

If you do not employ 1 of those 3 strategies or any combination of the 3....you can expect to do the exact same content for a month repeatedly before you get any currency to hit the next tier up.

I played religiously at the start and saw that treadmill and understood why the botting was out of control. I purchased a bot myself and had the game farm currency for me just so I could play a main toon....which ironically made me not want to play the game anymore lol. I don't even think the massive betting was for any sort of RMT...but more so just so someone could play the fucking game and progress and not do the same chaos / una / guardian anytime they logged into the game.

This is a pretty terrible take all around. You're comparing yourself, who seems to have been trying to keep up with end-game players pushing well beyond minimum requirements (unsuccessfully) with someone who is saying he just wants to chill with the minimum amount of characters to be able to run the content.

The ilvl requirements of entering Brelshaza's first two gates is 1490. They offered a power pass months ago to bring a character to 1445. Here are the honing requirements to go from 1445 to 1490:

1673812442851.png

E.g.: totally possible to do with ~2 alts.

Your post is also completely out of touch with the game. No one plays in order to do chaos dungeons and guardians -- almost every hardcore player on this board that you're trying to represent skips a significant amount of this content (11/12 of my characters have full rested on Guardians today, with my main having 40% rested). This is because I'm not an idiot and I don't do content to the point of burning myself out where I need to run a bot program (talk about not understanding the basic premise of why you play video games and simply trying to keep up with a crowd that you're not able to). It also (and this is why I'm picking on your post) completely fails to understand the person you're quoting; who is distinctly not asking what us hardcore players are doing.

Finally, the most egregious part of your post is saying that if you don't bot, swipe, or play 6 characters you'll be left running the exact same content for a month repeatedly before you get any currency to hit the next tier up (exact quote!). This is fucking retarded to say as If you do bot, swipe, and play 20 characters a day for 15 hours you'll quite literally be running the exact same content for months instead as you'll hit the end game far too quickly and be waiting for the next content cycle to release, where you'll already be so high that you can run it to the very end without a need to progress your character at all. This is because you're playing an MMORPG, where the genre is based upon running the same content and gearing up until you're ready for the next content cycle.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
a couple months ago my brother started fresh and was able to catch up to raiding level in about 2 weeks after he hit T3. he had 1 alt. he played casually as fuck and didnt swipe at all.

it's very doable.

if you're not raising multiple characters, all your resources are concentrated into your main, so you need less total resources, and the game throws resources at you with all the events, tower, throne, mayhem and phantom marks just from the rehearsals, etc etc. You'd be surprised how quickly you can take one character up.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Patch notes for the January update (Witcher island theme):

Surprised we got the pheons reductions early. It's good incentive to get my PVP build ready for Rowen next month!