Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This is what happens when you severely increase the demand for something that has a static supply. All those bullshit changes that AGS made. Having costumes and Aura's for sale for BC, and making pet buffs tied to Aura, instead of their usual seperate BC cost of like 120 per month. Also why fucking costumes boxes cost 20 fucking k.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Friendly reminder:

Tripod change is occurring next reset. Save your tripod skills and use your second free slot for level 4 tripods you've been saving. It's also a lot cheaper to buy the tripods you need now and save them accordingly before reset.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Friendly reminder:

Tripod change is occurring next reset. Save your tripod skills and use your second free slot for level 4 tripods you've been saving. It's also a lot cheaper to buy the tripods you need now and save them accordingly before reset.

Friendly reminder: I need some more carries for my Sorc, my Gunslinger and in a few weeks, my Reaper (prolly gonna use the pass on my Machinist). Bloodgod and Kythik ran me through a couple the other day, which was awesome.

Main problem I'm having is huge lag spikes, like sometimes multiple times per minute to 2k-5k ping. Any idea what could be causing that? Because I'm not gonna be able to stick around if it continues, I'd be useless.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Friendly reminder: I need some more carries for my Sorc, my Gunslinger and in a few weeks, my Reaper (prolly gonna use the pass on my Machinist). Bloodgod and Kythik ran me through a couple the other day, which was awesome.

Main problem I'm having is huge lag spikes, like sometimes multiple times per minute to 2k-5k ping. Any idea what could be causing that? Because I'm not gonna be able to stick around if it continues, I'd be useless.
There is always someone on to carry all the way up to Legion raids. Once you get there though, you need to push a bit to be able to queue hard with us (we run Valtan/Vykas about 3-4 times a week). Don't be shy to ask in the chat; between myself, Q, Blood, Kyth, Lumi, & Cynicks even if you log in at 6am there's normally someone available.

The servers have had huge amounts of DCs the last two days but that seems resolved now. I haven't heard anyone complain about lag spikes but a quick Google reveals some threads with mixed results on what's causing/how to resolve.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There is always someone on to carry all the way up to Legion raids. Once you get there though, you need to push a bit to be able to queue hard with us (we run Valtan/Vykas about 3-4 times a week). Don't be shy to ask in the chat; between myself, Q, Blood, Kyth, Lumi, & Cynicks even if you log in at 6am there's normally someone available.

The servers have had huge amounts of DCs the last two days but that seems resolved now. I haven't heard anyone complain about lag spikes but a quick Google reveals some threads with mixed results on what's causing/how to resolve.

Yeah, I've read them. Couldn't find anything concrete. It's most likely EAC, since I have zero issues on RU. But, I have to get it fixed if I want to raid with you guys. Even getting carried I died several times due to it, and it waste rezzes.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've read them. Couldn't find anything concrete. It's most likely EAC, since I have zero issues on RU. But, I have to get it fixed if I want to raid with you guys. Even getting carried I died several times due to it, and it waste rezzes.
Kythik Kythik was saying something about a way to update EAC? I was ignoring him because you can't trust non Time Stop users.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Kythik Kythik was saying something about a way to update EAC? I was ignoring him because you can't trust non Time Stop users.

LOL. I've tried that. Also reinstalled completely last night, both LA and EAC. There's a small chance it could be my wifi, and I can fix it by getting a cat5 splitter (but, like I said, no issues on RU). But, other than that, I have no idea. I guess it could be some conflict, I know EAC hates any overlays. Work this week has been a bit hectic, but I'll try to do some more troubleshooting this weekend.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I keep seeing scrapper mentioned a lot, wanted to make one of the "monk" style martial artist classes for my 6th, and was looking at Striker. Is Scrapper the preferred of that group for any specific reason?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
All classes are viable.

But out of the martial artists scrapper has nice mix of tankiness, speed, utility and kapow. Shock has a lot of big hits and is my preferred playstyle since it's nicer for DPS windows, taijutsu is a bit more mobile. It's also better as a non main as the investment to make wardancer/striker shine is a lot heavier, but if you don't mind pumping the gold into either of them they are extremely good.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I keep seeing scrapper mentioned a lot, wanted to make one of the "monk" style martial artist classes for my 6th, and was looking at Striker. Is Scrapper the preferred of that group for any specific reason?

Scrapper got buffed some time ago and is largely considered overpowered and S tier. They simply pump an incredible amount of damage for how tanky they are. The only real downside to them is how close to the target you need to be (more so than most Martial Artists -- the hitbox for them requires you to basically be right behind the target) and the fact that their a back attack class (positional requirements can be frustrating in some fights that require a lot of movement).

Merrith

Scrapper got buffed some time ago and is largely considered overpowered and S tier. They simply pump an incredible amount of damage for how tanky they are. The only real downside to them is how close to the target you need to be (more so than most Martial Artists -- the hitbox for them requires you to basically be right behind the target) and the fact that their a back attack class (positional requirements can be frustrating in some fights that require a lot of movement).

Interesting, I hadn't really looked into all the differences between the classes that much although I knew Striker is a back attack class as well

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Deathblow striker feels very underwhelming until fully built. I am still missing the Lazinths + Umar card combo to complete the build(and only at 1540 spec). You'll be pretty disappointed on most raids w/o it. Many mobs do not give damage windows, other than staggers and longer skills(clowns flame), to completely get off a 2 builder + 1 spender combo and remain on the back. Clown, for example, often turns around/moves after using the two builders. The constant repositioning so that the spender gets all the bonuses tends to make combat feel disconnected for me. I can see where once a complete build the big numbers will make up for the disconnect.

FI Wardancer feels more like a monk where Deathblow striker feels like a very very slow rogue with nuts backstab dmg. Both esoteric builds play the same and I don't feel play monklike but still fun. Unfortunately, WD's ceiling is nowhere near as high as striker. Recently, I swapped my FI WD from entropy/AM to KBW and it feels so much better on clown/vykas but is a loss on valtan/kung. My impression is that back attack on brel is about as bad as clown/vykas.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
1668434053749.png

On brand for AGS.

Malakriss

Seeing the posts of how they were sent to every character and people were pulling 200+ out of it I can see why they maintenaced. Still an idiot move to mess that up and have to do this to fix it.

Last edited:

Malakriss

–UPDATE: We need to extend the maintenance for all regions. We expect the servers to be back around 10 AM PT / 7 PM CET but we will let you know as soon as we have more information to share.–

Give me that maintenance compensation

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Game needs more content and less aids.

I actually disagree with this. The game is based on playing multiple characters and at this stage, we raid 4 nights a week just to clear on the main page characters. Brelshaza releases soon which will only increase that. There's a lot of content right now.

Seeing the posts of how they were sent to every character and people were pulling 200+ out of it I can see why they maintenaced. Still an idiot move to mess that up and have to do this to fix it.

I'm not understanding why giving away 200+ pheons is so problematic. Individuals receiving that value have 20 characters (and have thus already paid AGS). This was adequate compensation/warning for the tripod changes and was a great PR move. Removing it does the opposite.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually disagree with this. The game is based on playing multiple characters and at this stage, we raid 4 nights a week just to clear on the main page characters. Brelshaza releases soon which will only increase that. There's a lot of content right now.

My problem with this is that the main content is the daily dungeon room, and mindlessly repeating it over and over and over and over again. And then doing it again other characters. There is a ton of other stuff to do, but there is not much point or rewards for the effort. Like sailing. Or leveling, or exploring. Etc.

In fact, you actively hurt your character progress if you don't do the daily dungeon room on endless repeat.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
My problem with this is that the main content is the daily dungeon room, and mindlessly repeating it over and over and over and over again. And then doing it again other characters. There is a ton of other stuff to do, but there is not much point or rewards for the effort. Like sailing. Or leveling, or exploring. Etc.

I don't disagree with this at all. This is not an MMO for someone who has an itch for a large open world filled with exploration; there is absolutely no point to sailing, leveling, or exploring. That doesn't mean that there's a lack of content to do though, more so a lack of content for people who are looking for that traditional type of MMO experience.

Per character you have:

2 daily Chaos Dungeons to complete
2 daily Guardian raids to complete
3 daily Una tasks to complete
Typically at least 1 island/chaos gate/open world boss/ghost ship

Per week you have:

3 Challenge Guardian raids to complete
Between 0-2 Abyss Raids to complete
2 Challenge Abyss Dungeons
8ish Abyss Dungeons for card collection
1-3 Legion Raids

And you repeat all of the above (minus the challenge guardians / challenge abyss dungeons) per character on your account, optimally utilizing at least 6 for gold generation. Obviously any sain individual will stop doing some of the above on all their 6 characters and instead transition to only doing them on rested however, that is a metric fuckton of content. As stated however, it's very grindy content and a fair amount of it has absolutely no complexity. I despise running the Guardian raids outside of rested for instance but I don't mind doing the Chaos Dungeons (I complete my Chaos on all 11 characters). Brelshaza releasing is also going to increase the time for Legion raids completion significantly (6 gates!!!).

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
At some point just don't do it if it's not fun to you.

I don't do chaos dungeons unless I have an expiring aura of resonance, maybe once a month I will do some guardian raids, I don't do una's unless I instant them and do zero open world content since receiving the important drops.

I do the challenge guardian raids, 1-2 chars worth of argos/legion raids, boss rushes, buy out the blood shard/pirate coin vendor on reset day.

Literally stopped doing the chores 2nd week of Vykas and the only change is that I don't waste my time doing tedious crap. My account still meets all current endgame requirements and all I do is spend ~2-3 hours tops on a reset day per week.

In fact, you actively hurt your character progress if you don't do the daily dungeon room on endless repeat.