Lost Ark Online

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
And you don't see the problem this creates? Completely redoing the original "vision" for the game, when its foundation is in PvP?

How well have games done that attempt to appease both crowds?

Well WoW has extensive PvP and I’d say it’s done okay.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Visually this game looks great but everything screams grindy P2W Korean trash

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most of this pivot was likely based off Amazon's failure of a deal with LOTR. New World will have a healthy population as long as content is coming out in a timely manner. FFXIV will affect it, but again.. you dont have to devote your life to FFXIV to keep up with the top tier. It does not have WoW's mentality outside of cosmetics. Lost Ark, Im a bit sad about its delay. But Ill be damned if Im going back to the ping times that I had to deal with going through a VPN to another continent. Much less the shitty translations. You guys are going in circles and contradicting yourself between different threads.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Translation. NW is coming out. We can't fuck up their numbers.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
"We’ve applied nearly 4 person-years of effort to accomplish this"

That's not a terribly impressive amount of work, really. A team of eight working six months, oooooh....

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yikes - got a refund on my founders pack through Steam. If these guys don't actually feck up the game I'll get another one in April 2022 when this game finally launches.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yikes - got a refund on my founders pack through Steam. If these guys don't actually feck up the game I'll get another one in April 2022 when this game finally launches.

Basically. I am almost 100% sure that little 5 day beta in november is purely to keep people from wanting to refund packs and to sell new ones. I can only pray they do an actual beta somewhere. If that 5 day is all there is between now and launch, well...

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Which is the motivation behind this desperate smokescreen of text. A lot of people are refunding their founders packs. It's a fucking f2p game, the packs are mostly worthless, and completely unnecessary, so it's easy for people to say "Fuck you, your bullshit, and your pack, I'll just play for free."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the majority will buy when its actually closer to launch, aka when they set a actual date. Just no point giving them money atm. I can buy the same pack now I can just a week out from launch. Even a beta is a hard sell atm, because you can easily just go play another version to see if you enjoy the game.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was really excited for this game, but not sure ill still be excited 6 more months down the road.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was really excited for this game, but not sure ill still be excited 6 more months down the road.

I'm the opposite. I played enough to know I will enjoy it. It's just a matter of when at this point.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm just playing the unreleased NA classes on RU right now. Been enjoying Lance Master (Glavier), Scouter, and Destroyer. Playing semi-casually though so I don't get burnt.

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Closed Beta will run from November 4th to November 11th with servers in North America and Europe.

No NDA
New prologue for classes
Level 55 cap
Rohendel, abyss dungeons, chaos dungeons, t2 guardian raids
Cash shop info soon so we can hopefully either put our pitch forks up or down

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Man, they really need to fire the idiot who writes these updates.

"You’ll begin seeing some of these changes at the beginning of your Beta adventure, starting with the all-new Prologues. These Prologues are designed to provide insight to the background of your character’s class while speeding up and standardizing the tutorial phase of the game. This is especially helpful if you want to try your hand at more than one class (like the newly added Martial Artist Advanced Class Striker!)."

Don't know what the fuck this means. KR and RU recently got an update that removed all the class specific "prologues" (1-10 tutorial) and replaced them with a single (shorter) generic prologue. (no fucking clue why they did this, kinda dumb IMO) This paragraph seems to talk about both as if they are the same thing. It was the same update that added farming on your Stronghold (Estate) which they also mention, so I assume it's the same.

"If power-leveling to endgame is how you play, we’ve got you covered. Level caps will increase to 55 for Character Level and 100 for Expedition Level."

Power leveling? Uh, no? Level 50 is endgame, levels after that just give you 6 skill points each. After 50 there are no level reqs for any content or gear or anything in the game. And getting from 50 to 55 will take you like a year.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm starting to have both serious reservations and utter disappointment the incompetent shit birds at AGS managed to get the rights to this game in the West. Literally any studio would have handled this IP better (including Blizzard of all places). Watching the shit show that is developing in New World and their either total lack of communication or purposefully vague and/or nonsensical communication is just depressing. Any real game studio/publisher would have had this out already, polished and translated raking in a boat load of money... of course Amazon knew this, and also knew their game was a half baked mess and would be literally dead within weeks had Lost Ark come out the same quarter.

I do wonder if the Koreans are wondering the exact same thing, and having serious internal dialogue on their choice to go with Amazon. Next Spring is packed with pretty much non-stop major gaming releases and the window this early fall seemed like the perfect time.

C'est la vie

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users