Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ah haven't really played much/looked into it, assumed pets were like purely cosmetics baseline, and the looting was part of the rental thing and they made that permanent instead. Yeah no difference then.

Yeah, if they didn't loot by default hardly anyone would buy them. You spam "G" enough skipping quests text (one line at a time!), spamming it to loot as well is a pita. They give the epic/purple ones away fairly often for events/login rewards. I have like 4 or 5 now. The legendary ones (cash shop/AH) just have a higher % on the 2 buffs.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I hate to break it to you, but this is all snake-oil salesman bullshit...

To be honest, the entire piece reads as if it isn't directed at players of the other versions or anyone who informs themselves about those versions. It is probably meant to alleviate baseless concerns coming from a bunch of people going all "I heard from the brother of a friend that this is terrible p2w, that true?" on their medias.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
To be honest, the entire piece reads as if it isn't directed at players of the other versions or anyone who informs themselves about those versions. It is probably meant to alleviate baseless concerns coming from a bunch of people going all "I heard from the brother of a friend that this is terrible p2w, that true?" on their medias.

All of that is just a smokescreen. The true purpose of these changes is to generate more income. By funneling all player to player sales of cash shop items through Blue Crystals, it allows them to tax every transaction. The way it is now (in other regions) Blues are taxed, but all the other sellable cash shop items are sold through the AH or player to player trades. The buyer loses 5 of every 100 Blues (this is already a serious "fuck you, because we can" to the players), while the seller has to pay .8 Royal crystals in tax. Like this:

1635357756053.jpeg

This isn't better for players, it's only better for Amazon. What makes it worse is the fact that they are trying to hide it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The entire smokescreen is aimed at removing the notion that LA is P2W and, to Amazon's credit, they've been getting positive feedback on this (albeit, as it's been pointed out, the aforementioned positivity stems from people who don't know any better). Frankly though, I don't care and still consider this to be a net positive.

The MMO market is barren and New World has already lost it's shiny. LA's combat, class design, and fun will be keeping me going for months once it hits the west. in light of how incredibly incompetent AGS has been, my last reservation was that they would manage to fuck up the cash shop by simply not understanding how the economy of LA works. The fact that this is what their focus was put on and they've stayed away from any sweeping changes is a total win in my book.

I'd recommend that anyone who hasn't gone through the hassle of playing via VPN take the time to check out this upcoming beta and level a character to max. Figuring out which class(es) you're going to play is a pretty big endeavor and they'll be giving out a boost once you hit 50 to let you test a second class. A lot of the classes play quite differently at max, so it's just a good opportunity. Not to mention they've been fine with all refund requests for packs (they actually encourage you to refund and pick a more expensive pack) so their really isn't any loss here.

Now to try and get used to some of these terrible fucking translations. Arman. Seriously.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
All of that is just a smokescreen. The true purpose of these changes is to generate more income. By funneling all player to player sales of cash shop items through Blue Crystals, it allows them to tax every transaction. The way it is now (in other regions) Blues are taxed, but all the other sellable cash shop items are sold through the AH or player to player trades. The buyer loses 5 of every 100 Blues (this is already a serious "fuck you, because we can" to the players), while the seller has to pay .8 Royal crystals in tax. Like this:

View attachment 379200

This isn't better for players, it's only better for Amazon. What makes it worse is the fact that they are trying to hide it.
This definitely isn't old p2w korean garbage

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The entire smokescreen is aimed at removing the notion that LA is P2W and, to Amazon's credit, they've been getting positive feedback on this (albeit, as it's been pointed out, the aforementioned positivity stems from people who don't know any better). Frankly though, I don't care and still consider this to be a net positive.

The MMO market is barren and New World has already lost it's shiny. LA's combat, class design, and fun will be keeping me going for months once it hits the west. in light of how incredibly incompetent AGS has been, my last reservation was that they would manage to fuck up the cash shop by simply not understanding how the economy of LA works. The fact that this is what their focus was put on and they've stayed away from any sweeping changes is a total win in my book.

I'm sorry, dude, but you're delusional. Nothing about these changes is positive for the players. It's simple math. LA is already not p2w, it's pay-to-progress-faster, period. Nothing they are doing changes that. The friggin cash shop is just cosmetics, blue crystals and upgrade mats. That's it. The current setup is better.

I'll have to log into the beta to verify some things, but as it stands, this is just AGS trying to squeeze more money out of whales, which is also going to negatively impact free players.

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive only played a few hours or so of the VPN Russian version or whatever, so I sure dont have the first clue about the cash shop etc.

What I domt understand yet is how this really effects people that choose not to use the cash shop?

PVP is normalized and equal, so no advantage there. So is the majority of the compliants just that someone can see a raid zone a week or so before a normal person?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
PVP is normalized and equal, so no advantage there. So is the majority of the compliants just that someone can see a raid zone a week or so before a normal person?

I'm still working on games from 2015 in my Steam backlog. I will have no trouble being a week behind here.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What I domt understand yet is how this really effects people that choose not to use the cash shop?

It's about how this affects people who buy Blue Crystals from other players with gold. As I already mentioned, BCs are used for things like extra warehouse space, more gear loadouts, and things of that nature, as well as the rented pet benefits, which are now moved over to the Aura, which sucks since it will prolly cost more.

This increased demand for BC is going to increase the gold cost of these crystals. SO, even people who don't want anything from the cash shop are still going to be affected. As a free player your gold income is already severely limited.

All this under the guise of "Hey guys! Look at everything we are doing to make the game better for YOU! Because we LUV YOU!!!"

the goonies hey you guys GIF

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Glad to see Sywo getting some love from AGS. At least they pick some decent guests so far. This is happening today btw.

• 2Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if this impacts anyone here but I know it was one of the big issues when it was first announced. It doesn't fix the problem for everyone but again, its a good start.

Newly supported regions are Australia, Estonia(I mention this because of Sywo), South America, New Zealand, and much more.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Reading these few pages all I can think is "so?". So much of this crap is in other games and ifs already mainly an asian-grindy mmo so of course it will have some hateful cash shop. If you thought it wouldn't then you've deluded yourself on the origins of this game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly I have no clue whats going on in the last handful of posts or so, except laughing at always clueless CMs that are just corporate mouth pieces.

In the end, the game was fun, I have no plans to pay just to finish the pve faster and be done. And it doesn't matter in the pvp. Most likely buy some QoL and cosmetics like any other game and enjoy. Just a matter of waiting now.

• 2Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No one said the cash shop was a problem. In fact, just a few posts ago I flat out said that it wasn't.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think all Raes Raes is saying that the way AGS is handling the cash shop will increase the gold cost of items / features that free players might want to purchase BC's for, which won't be an issue for anyone who hasn't played elsewhere extensively or who hasn't spent a lot of time trying to compare the different versions of LA.

Sadly I won't have much free time to try this beta out, but I'll be trying out the Striker class for sure.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
When does this come out? Any mention of that?

I think it mostly depends on where they are at with the translations, but if that's on track we'll probably hear something when NW's peak player count hits the 150k -200k range.

They mentioned the dwarves in one of their updates, which is the continent after Rohendel (North Bern->Rohendel->Yorn), so they added that to their voice over workload. Which I don't understand because that means they are skipping 2 sub tiers of gear being temporary "endgame". Which means less profit from whales who like to push past the +15 gear upgrades. LA usually launches with North Bern being max and content (continent/class) updates coming every 3ish months. (North Bern->Rohendel->Yorn->Payton->Papunika->South Bern)

It's possible they are pushing to catch up to KR/RU sooner.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think it mostly depends on where they are at with the translations, but if that's on track we'll probably hear something when NW's peak player count hits the 150k -200k
At the rate NW is going, that would be fairly soon then.

Hate to see any game fail, lord knows we need a few successful titles to pick and choose from.

• 2Like