Lost Ark Online

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hotfix Known Issues (11/6):

Paladin Godsent Law Skill does not full cast
Bard Rhapsody of Light Skill does not full cast
Gunner class can only swap weapons when moving
Engraving NPC in Vern is missing
“Rubberbanding” issues prevent progression in Aquilok’s Head dungeon – players may be able to step around this invisible blocking wall
Players cannot cross bridge in Morai Ruins
Players cannot cross narrow pathway to progress in Sala Hill dungeon
First door cannot be broken in Heart of Sceptrum

That's pretty broken, literally game breaking with the dungeons since you cant progress the main quest without them.

Oof.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It’s a free game.
high quality GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

“Rubberbanding” issues prevent progression in Aquilok’s Head dungeon – players may be able to step around this invisible blocking wall

That's pretty broken, literally game breaking with the dungeons since you cant progress the main quest without them.

Oof.
AGS is full of incompetent retards what can I say - I’d rather tencent or blizzard publish this game than those colossal imbeciles

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

This version still uses the NPC for engravings? That's lame. Costs (way too much) silver and you have to be in a city. Current version it's a free, drag and drop UI element, and you can switch engravings anywhere, even dungeons.

Maybe if AGS knew what they were doing they'd get shit like this changed, instead of dumb "earlier arena, yo" that leads to breaking half the game.

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Oof.
Are these fixed? I know they brought down the servers a second time. I just did the Heart of Sceptrum and had no issues.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I like the Paladin. Just don't want to be strictly support at end game.

Got the Gunlancer to 40 to try the last couple skills. Definitely will be my main. I hope that the backstep isn't an integral part of surviving end game vs the shield.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got to level 50 and definitely need to work on my path and efficiency, as I got to Vern already level 50. I was a bit concerned that without the account exp the leveling process would be more challenging but it really wasn't -- easily doable in about 11 hours. There are still some minor audio and translation issues but really, the game is good to go and hoping they announce release date soon.

Voldeth Voldeth how did you hit 50 so quickly?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Voldeth Voldeth how did you hit 50 so quickly?
Just main quest and basically nothing else. You'll be like 49 and change. Do a few side quests and you're there. There is some guides out there to tell you which side quests. Nothing fancy though, you have to do the main quest much like FF14.

Just hit 50 this morning but I did a lot of side quests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just main quest and basically nothing else. You'll be like 49 and change. Do a few side quests and you're there. There is some guides out there to tell you which side quests. Nothing fancy though, you have to do the main quest much like FF14.

Just hit 50 this morning but I did a lot of side quests.

I'm trying to use that Power Pass. Says I need to complete some quest via North Vern. Don't see a location named North Vern.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So far a lot of sidequests are just on the way to the mainquest anyway so I've been doing them, the xp felt pretty similar to main quests too. I assume later you get more stupid sidequests you want to skip? Haven't been pretty far since I rolled a bunch of chars to check their early game out, then got cockblocked by their hotfix buggy dungeon shit yesterday. Didn't play first day cause I wasn't really planning to play much anyway due to EW being so close.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Berserker and possibly Sharpshooter are really the only classes that look interesting to me. Destroyer would be great, but it seems like they have some sort of "charge" up mechanic and I hate that shit in games.

Lance Master looks great too, but I guess it won't be available on release?

Also, can you just grind to progress? I really can't fucking stand themepark shit anymore and hate 98% of questing. I just want to fuckin' blow shit up, especially in a game with ARPG mechanics.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to use that Power Pass. Says I need to complete some quest via North Vern. Don't see a location named North Vern.
Not sure how early you can actually head to North Vern but its here. Story takes you to a few other islands first.

I think the powerpass requires you to complete a point in the main story in North Vern so you might have to progress the story to that point.

North Vern.JPG

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Berserker and possibly Sharpshooter are really the only classes that look interesting to me. Destroyer would be great, but it seems like they have some sort of "charge" up mechanic and I hate that shit in games.

Also, can you just grind to progress? I really can't fucking stand themepark shit anymore and hate 98% of questing. I just want to fuckin' blow shit up, especially in a game with ARPG mechanics.
From what I can tell no, grinding isn’t viable. The mobs give like 2-20 exp a piece compared to the quests which give thousands. Wish it was more ARPG than MMO, cause the quests are lame as fuck. The combat is good, but the rest isn’t.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From what I can tell no, grinding isn’t viable. The mobs give like 2-20 exp a piece compared to the quests which give thousands. Wish it was more ARPG than MMO, cause the quests are lame as fuck. The combat is good, but the rest isn’t.
To be fair, it isn't very different than having to run the story every fucking char in PoE, that shit sucks, and it sucks every league. It is much faster though(like 2-4hours if you're speeding through and know what you're doing).

I wonder if they sell boosts in this? I think they'd make a pretty penny selling boosts, obviously not at launch but later on. Skipping all the boring leveling shit and just playing the class at max level sounds good, but I could see why they wouldn't if having max lvl chars allows you to pool ressources for your main. On the flipside, it is money.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Uuuuggghhh. A fucking ARPG combat system that forces you through shitty quest content? That's my number 1 complaint about PoE and why I don't play anymore and that's only 2-4 hours like Pyros Pyros said.

Is there a place where you can "test" a character and how it plays at max? With that theme park horseshit, there's no way I play more than one char. So, I want to be sure it's a class I 100% love.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

You used to get xp from dungeons, but people figured out grinding certain ones was way faster than questing. So, Smilegate changed it so you only get a one time quest for each dungeon. (And forgot to do that for like 2 dungeons, so those don't give any xp at all) People also used to not bother questing through new continents, since you get nothing from it. So they gated all the next tier of content behind each continents last main quest completion. Guardians used to have a GS requirement per tier, but now in addition to that you have to have beat all Guardians of the previous tier at least once. They are very anal and draconian about that shit. It's the same kind of mentality that makes them spread skill pot potions through every single type of content. To force you to do at least some of it.

For testing characters, you can do that somewhat when you choose your class. You get to test a level 50 version of each class for that archetype, but you can't choose your skills. Can only do that once you hit some level (mid 20s?) and unlock Trixion/Beatrice.