Lost Ark Online

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From a general standpoint, most classes have certain flows / mechanics that simply require a fair amount of knowledge in the game (e.g. until you've played a bit, it's not super obvious). From a Soulfist perspective, you should start by spending 4 points into Pulverizing Palm to unlock Excellent Mobility, which you'll use in conjunction with your dash. The idea is to use it to travel / skip across mobs as they share the same reuse CD timer and you're interrupting the final part of the animation with your dash; this will make speeding through the first few dungeons quicker (there is limited exp for killing mobs, so you should mostly focus on completing dungeons fast for efficiency). There are also certain NPCs / packs that will 'trigger' things to open up, so when you familiarize yourself with that while leveling, you're effectively going through things and targeting certain packs to push through faster.

The additional synergy you start off with as a Soulfist would be Magnetic Palm (this will knock NPCs up) followed by Deadly Finger (which will get a bonus to damage for using on knocked up enemies. The remainder of your abilities should be verified to understand where you need to position yourself and how to best use them (Example: Bolting Crash will be used to 'break parts' of bosses and provides super armor + a bonus for a frontal hit, where as Venemous Fist (which will be dropped first) gets a bonus only from back attacks. You'll then quickly unlock Heavenly Squash, which is your first main AE clear (Soulfist excels at this while leveling) and should be the focus of all of your points. Flash Step is taken immediately as well, however it's an energy hog (but 3x extra dashes for moving around is the best there is in the game).

Later on, you'll be using Force Orb to trigger an additional knock up with the goal of always positioning Merciless Pummel from behind (this skill wrecks). Energy Blast / Crippling Barrier are then used independently based on your preference for mob clear and achieve different playstyles: Cripping Barrier will pull things in and stagger, so if you're looking for more of a melee build this will position things well for you where as Energy Blast is used to keep things at a distance. Your last main synergy will be Energy Release with your ultimate, as Soulfist benefits from the highest damage ultimate in the game by a large margin, so you'll want to be using your level 3 hype, Energy Release for the damage bonus, and your ult to basically one shot anything that doesn't have 6-7 health bars. If you crit with the ult, you're basically guaranteeing a one shot of anything even without using hype albeit, the build up time can make landing it more challenging.

I decided that's just too much for a new player. Didn't like my Soulfist experience. Its something I would consider revisiting once I became advanced and proficient with another class.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0nFdSpf.png

Kind of crazy. Seems super into the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
0nFdSpf.png

I like Sywo, probably my favorite LA content creator if for no other reason than his very contagious positivity. Seems pretty well informed as well, though not quite to Saintone or Zeals levels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like Sywo, probably my favorite LA content creator if for no other reason than his very contagious positivity. Seems pretty well informed as well, though not quite to Saintone or Zeals levels.

Its always 100% better when the content creator really enjoys the game(s) they play. Instead of just doing what is popular, or what their audience wants.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I can't speak to BDO as it exists now, because I quit back in March-Aprilish. But, even with seasons, getting to 61+ still took a fair bit of grinding, unless you were being powerleveled at Shultz or something.
Not anymore, but no need to get into that here. Its fast and lots of QoL.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are certain side quests that give (account shared one-time) rewards that you want. But, you only have to complete them once. On the other hand, post 50 you want to do all side quests on all characters, because levels 51-60 give 6 skill points each, and those side quests give enough xp to speed that up. Also, the post 50 continents tend to have more streamlined side quests, so it's not terrible.

There's a settings that lets you turn other players particle effects completely off.
Yea, I found that setting, but I feel the game needs some QoL in terms of UI / Effects, but thats just me. Been playing Striker and its better than I expected, but it seems to be a burst class (at least right now since my character isn't 40+). I'd prefer a class with a bit more sustained dps, rather than burst cycles. Then again, given the nature of boss fights, its impossible as melee to really stay on target.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's amazing to me watching some of these KR guys on the super high end raids - I'm pretty sure I'm not even playing the same game those guys are, they are so good and are almost never missing burst windows etc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yea, I found that setting, but I feel the game needs some QoL in terms of UI / Effects, but thats just me. Been playing Striker and its better than I expected, but it seems to be a burst class (at least right now since my character isn't 40+). I'd prefer a class with a bit more sustained dps, rather than burst cycles.

Yeah, I don't really care for classes that have to build up a resource to use certain skills. The "special" ability each class has can really make or break it for me.

Yeah it's amazing to me watching some of these KR guys on the super high end raids - I'm pretty sure I'm not even playing the same game those guys are, they are so good and are almost never missing burst windows etc.

Eh, it's just practice. Game's been out for 3 years in KR. I solo the first Guardian as part of my alt accounts weekly epona bag grind. I've killed him so many hundred of times that at this point I'm watching a show on my second monitor and barely looking as I fight him. To be fair, he is the easiest and really slow, but just like all the fights, it's just a matter of getting used to their moves/telegraphs. Plus, playing on RU with high ping, pre-emptive dodging is kinda required.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm on my 4th road to level 18 if that counts.

I can understand, trying to find classes you like. It's the 2nd main reason I played RU at all. First to see if I would like the game and 2nd to find the classes I enjoyed so I didn't waste too much time.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I can understand, trying to find classes you like. It's the 2nd main reason I played RU at all. First to see if I would like the game and 2nd to find the classes I enjoyed so I didn't waste too much time.
Pretty much. Looking to see what play styles I like but also don't want to blast a bunch of 50s and not have that experience at launch. Feels like there's way too many gun/h2h classes compared to everything else which sucks.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Ok. Hit 50. What should be the 1st thing I do?
Finish the MSQ through North Vern if you haven't yet.

After that, depends what you're looking for. If this were live you'd want to optimize your dailies (if thats your thing) such as chaos dungeons, guardian raids, etc. Under the guides menu there is the room of growth which will give you some insight into the endgame gearing mechanics.

You could run some chaos dungeons and hope for a full set of gear and start upgrading from there. Completing the next MSQ zone (Shushire) will give you a full set up 302 gear, which is the same gear that drops from base level chaos dungeons. There are some islands with a lot of crafting mats as well, but since its beta you could just buy crafting mats and test the gear upgrading system that way as well.

I'm no expert though. Just some things that I've done in the beta so far.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Ok. Hit 50. What should be the 1st thing I do?

Continue the MSQ in Vern since it won't take long to unlock your power pass to automatically be able to level a 50.

At that point, on the class you're thinking of maining;

1- Unlock engravings, the tower, Abyssal dungeons, & your first ability stone via the guide quests that will be available now.

2- Begin clearing the Chaos dungeons and make sure you enjoy the playstyle of your class when doing this. You'll be doing it 2x every day, so if this aspect isn't something you enjoy, it's going to be amplified in pain.

3- Either solo or group up for your first guardian raid, Ur'Nil As Raes stated above, he is super slow and easy. Based on this, if you're not able to reliably solo him than you need to work on your Guardian / boss build quite a bit.

4- From the gear you get from (1) & (2), begin to figure out how Lost Ark's gear progression works. For those who complained that there were too many systems at the low levels, you've basically just unlocked 50000x new ones.

5- At that point, you can figure out to focus on what you enjoy. Is it PVP? Start 3 queues ad nauseum if so, they instantly pop. Is it raids? The guardian raids & abyssal dungeon will be fun if so. is it story content? You can work at unlocking Rohendal if that's the case, albeit the gear score requirement is 460 to progress which will take some Chaos Dungeon farming and gear upgrading to do.

6- Look up the class you want to try most at 50 and use your power pass with your understanding of the above systems now at a novice level.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Brahma Brahma The first guardian raid Ur'Nil gave me early game Monster Hunter vibes when you basically fight a pushover monster. Specifically reminded me of Arzuros (the bear) from MH.

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
0nFdSpf.png

Kind of. Sywo absolutely loves Lost Ark and his energy for the game can't be denied. With that being said, he falls deftly into the weird category for me in that, he actually enjoys leveling up and watching the cutscenes for the 5000th time. Look at the character he's leveling to 50 again as an example - another Summoner. He does not really push any of the higher end content, nor does he seem particularly able to do so. He's the type of guy who uses the roleplay engravings (these actually exist in Lost Ark -- e.g. if you type out a sentence with a keyword or two, it'll trigger a buff for you). They're entirely underpowered compared to other engravings and so, when you see someone using it, you kind of laugh and cry. I have respect for the fact that he's playing a game he loves the way he wants to have maximum enjoyment, albeit things like this are way more cool to see done during beta in my opinion:

Floor50.PNG

• 1WTF

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Eh, the only floors in the Tower of Shadow with any difficulty are the few with the exploding dudes. And there's a couple where you need some consumables, but all the info/strat videos are readily available. And, since they changed it so you can run Tower as many times as you want, instead of being limited to a couple times per day, not much of an accomplishment.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Crossed gunslinger off as well, that's another soulfist. Great class if you are really into Lost Ark.

I need a dumbass class because I'm having trouble getting into the game. It's not about not being willing to play at a high level, but rather getting a foot in the door.

Think it's down to Artillerist or Sharpshooter for range, and then moving to zerker.

I was strongly advised to avoid ranged classes, but I've been trying to force it and find one that fits. Come live, its going to end up being a melee I'm almost certain.

Last edited: