Lost Ark Online

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That's a rather good promo video - I've stayed off RU for a month now and haven't even tried Sorceress as I want to roll into NA as fresh as possible. Stoked - but still can't decide a main. I want to go pally but know that a ton of tards are going to roll one not realizing they are pure support. I would have probably gone summoner but they removed it for some inexplicable reason. Lots of decisions to make....

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That's a rather good promo video - I've stayed off RU for a month now and haven't even tried Sorceress as I want to roll into NA as fresh as possible. Stoked - but still can't decide a main. I want to go pally but know that a ton of tards are going to roll one not realizing they are pure support. I would have probably gone summoner but they removed it for some inexplicable reason. Lots of decisions to make....

No reason to decide immediately at launch. You're going to want at least 2 alts for dailies and shit, so take your top 3 picks from what's available, level them all to 50, get your first set of upgradable gear from Chaos dungeon, and upgrade that to +6 (100% upgrade chance up to that point) then decide which you want to main. Prolly won't get a new class for at least 3 months.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
AVvXsEhdfsAXvHJnaiPu0hVDfOECsQOq-hqbLSPnRDb3M5pQB-ljswUvcrdwSYNsuvsFHTlLWxUFZGpOZf4NUWrpzrvAnNva1KRK3VBgNp_3lffHTsSlzHUN3OVePBJ0xJpdoiVgBHKXfuu0ckmyDvdSB0FmYGg5eLfECMyPq5GeQD8GU1dHmFxIuKhU_MmQ2Q=s768
Paladin is in the upper half but not the most played class

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AVvXsEhdfsAXvHJnaiPu0hVDfOECsQOq-hqbLSPnRDb3M5pQB-ljswUvcrdwSYNsuvsFHTlLWxUFZGpOZf4NUWrpzrvAnNva1KRK3VBgNp_3lffHTsSlzHUN3OVePBJ0xJpdoiVgBHKXfuu0ckmyDvdSB0FmYGg5eLfECMyPq5GeQD8GU1dHmFxIuKhU_MmQ2Q=s768
Paladin is in the upper half but not the most played class

Will be interesting to see how it goes, since the game itself will give all the info. If you look at korea, bard/gunslinger usually always on top. Gunlancer there too.

Especially something like scrapper, which from what i've read is one of the two clasases you almost always have on raids to provide impairment. The other being destroyer, which wont be there. Maybe that's beyond t1 though. I expect all the summoners to go sorc.

Also how many supports will later go to artist. Since this game seems like most korean games and new classes are always better(to drive sales).

From what I've tried on russia, I think I am at bard, gunslinger,soulfist and later LM.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whys is Gunlancer so low?

People think its a "Tank", which is usually always low in MMOs. When in reality its just a dps with more utility. The only thing i didn't like it about it was the tiny hop for movement.

I expect it to go up and that chart to change as people get more into the game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game looks cool but its F2P mechanics look awful. At this point I'm just curious to see how AGS will westernize it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
At this point I'm just curious to see how AGS will westernize it.

By making the starter gear less revealing, adding some diversity coloring/hairstyles and tripling prices of cash shop items. Already done.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
By making the starter gear less revealing, adding some diversity coloring/hairstyles and tripling prices of cash shop items. Already done.

I'm really rethinking about playing this now. I really wasn't fan of the model for the endgame. I'm the guy that will just pay the money, fuck the alts...BUT if the prices are redonkulous. Fuck that. On top of that Monster Hunter Rise is out this week which will eat up most of my gaming time anyway.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm really rethinking about playing this now. I really wasn't fan of the model for the endgame. I'm the guy that will just pay the money, fuck the alts...BUT if the prices are redonkulous. Fuck that. On top of that Monster Hunter Rise is out this week which will eat up most of my gaming time anyway.

Well, I'm just going off the RC costs that were in the beta weekend, compared to RU. And, we don't know yet the cash price of RC Amazon will be charging. But, stuff like 300 RC in RU for an extra char slot vs 900 for NA. Even best case scenario, it's double in USD.

I haven't logged in lately, been playing FF7 remake. But, I'm hoping the next big update KR is working on will have some positive changes. NA prolly won't get that update for like 6 months though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
By Feb 11th we will be HR 100 or so and decked out I wouldn't worry. Goin Paladin myself for first character.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
By Feb 11th we will be HR 100 or so and decked out I wouldn't worry. Goin Paladin myself for first character.
I'm either going that or red gunlancer. I bet alot of people are going to be butthurt when they find out a pally is not a dps but a support class.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The best part about gender locked classes is the genius way they are handling undoing it. They make Striker, ok, cool. Then it's Gunslinger (female), release Sorceress (female) now upcoming (female) Berserker, and Painter (female). Because, ya know, it's all those girl gamers who were complaining about gender lock.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The best part about gender locked classes is the genius way they are handling undoing it. They make Striker, ok, cool. Then it's Gunslinger (female), release Sorceress (female) now upcoming (female) Berserker, and Painter (female). Because, ya know, it's all those girl gamers who were complaining about gender lock.
Yeah I don't have stats but I'd say most people who play female chars are actually guys, not girls. 20-30% female player base, but 60-70% female characters in these type of games(again not actual figures, but I'd assume it's somewhat close). Hell female players don't even necessarily play female characters, depending on the design of the male characters. In XIV, a LOT of them play catbois and the new bunnybois.

That and for F2P games, it makes more sense for them to make characters that can sell costumes, and I'd assume female characters sell more costumes than males(I guess largely because there's more of them but still).

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That and for F2P games, it makes more sense for them to make characters that can sell costumes, and I'd assume female characters sell more costumes than males(I guess largely because there's more of them but still).

Yeah, and for the original line-up that's fine. But, when they specifically say they are addressing the gender lock complaints and then make female versions of male classes, while also releasing new female classes, it's just hilarious. When I read about the update and got to the female berserker I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I mostly play girl characters in games because male models usually look like shit. I thought the male models in this game were good though, and the gender lock annoyed me. I didn’t want an entire girl roster but didn’t have a choice based on the classes I was playing.

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have zero interest in playing a female character, especially the hyper sexualized perv-bait that these sorts of games specialize in. It helps perpetuate the stereotype of gamers as hairy knuckle mongoloids AND creates extreme SJW backlash when the pendulum heads back to the other direction.

• 1Truth!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Is shadow hunter #1 on the polls because it's the easiest/cheapest to gear? At least what I keep hearing on YT videos.