Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Lol. Coming in the January RU update, for all those people who want their characters in a fantasy game to dress like normal people IRL. Including, for a limited time, this one of a kind, beige, soyboy knit sweater. Get em while supplies last!!

Wardrobe​

A Wardrobe section has been added to the store interface, where you can create your own unique look with a new customization system.

1642624132972.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol. Coming in the January RU update, for all those people who want their characters in a fantasy game to dress like normal people IRL. Including, for a limited time, this one of a kind, beige, soyboy knit sweater. Get em while supplies last!!

Wardrobe​

A Wardrobe section has been added to the store interface, where you can create your own unique look with a new customization system.

View attachment 393715

Its not really worse then things like :
9MA288f.png
. That for some reason are in all these asian games. I even saw one where the entire thing changed to every color you see in that image.

I just don't buy them or try to look at them at all.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Its not really worse then things like. That for some reason are in all these asian games. I even saw one where the entire thing changed to every color you see in that image.

I just don't buy them or try to look at them at all.

Yeah, I know. I previously posted a pic of my Demonic in one, and mentioned the color changing. :p And the way they totally clash with the art design of the world. I only posted the above with the over the top commentary because I thought it was funny, and also we were currently discussing male/female armors etc.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dont one of these games have the option to turn off others skins and/or pets? I thought this game was one of them.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Dont one of these games have the option to turn off others skins and/or pets? I thought this game was one of them.

Just pets and particle effects. Archeage lets you put everyone in generic blue/red armor, for better client performance.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
But... how?

Its not like males and females have a different number of limbs. Is swinging a sword fundamentally different for a male vs female? Yeah women have breasts but that should just be a torso morphology algorithm that then gets a texture map tweak if it looks like the algorithm fucked up. Hell Most of the male models in these SE asian games are incredibly girly in appearance and motion so anyone who says that creating them doubles their workload vs mono gendered is likely lying out their ass.

Ahahahshhshahaha ahahah ahahahaha

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This caught my eye out of curiosity back when everyone was trying to get it to work via VPN and other horse shit. Now reading a bit more about it since the release is coming up it seems to me it's just Black Desert Online? Can't wait to hear about the first dude with +15 gear or whatever because he's dropping $1000/week or more. Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Doesn’t feel anything like black desert, also no boob slider! It’s more like Diablo Online with the Asian twist.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
This game feels identical to a browser-based Chinese p2w MMO-ARPG from 10 years ago, Odin Quest. The questing, zone design, and icons are very similar. Odin Quest even had the tower with the same first got-ya floor with a boss+archers. I'm sure the Odin Quest devs stole all the systems from other games as most of the art was ripped from WoW. Lost Ark has the same collection of individual systems.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This caught my eye out of curiosity back when everyone was trying to get it to work via VPN and other horse shit. Now reading a bit more about it since the release is coming up it seems to me it's just Black Desert Online? Can't wait to hear about the first dude with +15 gear or whatever because he's dropping $1000/week or more. Lol

The thing is, he buys mats from AH to upgrade gear more. To do what? It doesn't help in the pvp. And tier1 pve is already easy. And when Hard mode raids come, its the same thing as pvp(normalized). He basically paid $ to be done with the game quicker. No real advantage in the top end. It's not like BDO where you pay to get top end gear asap and can dominate in siege or open world pvp. At least as far as I am aware. I didn't go hard in RU for obvious reasons, just played enough to test classes and see if I enjoyed it.

Just be glad shit doesn't get destroyed on upgrade failures nor does it go down a level. So you never really lose progression, just time spent farming mats.

I'd say the only thing it really has in common with BDO is the combat is fun as hell just to play and there are lots of things to do, outside just the typical raid/dungeon/pvp.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doesn’t feel anything like black desert, also no boob slider! It’s more like Diablo Online with the Asian twist.
Wtf no boob slider? I'm out! ;)

Glad to hear it's not like BDO. Kinda sounded like it with the way gear upgrades were explained. I agree it does look pretty and will probably be worth a shot to at least try out as I've never played any of the other localizations for the game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wtf no boob slider? I'm out! ;)

Glad to hear it's not like BDO. Kinda sounded like it with the way gear upgrades were explained. I agree it does look pretty and will probably be worth a shot to at least try out as I've never played any of the other localizations for the game.

There's basically no body customization at all. You do the face and that's it. Even that is pretty minimal compared to BDO.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Zerker is a great class, perhaps one of if not the most beginner friendly while still being great at end game. If I hadn't sunk so many hours into it on RU I'd probably main it - now I'm kinda unsure. Probably going Demonic just because it's so cheap and solo friendly with great aoe

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Reasonably high volume class poll
I’m not surprised at all that sorc is #1. That’s a class in any fantasy game that always seems to be popular amongst NA and EU players. I wasn’t expecting paladin to be in second place though. Maybe most people don’t realize who voted it’s a support and not a dps class? A lot of people who will try to raid as a dps pally will be salty for not being invited to raids. My main will be a support paladin and I will also play either a gunlancer or beserker depending if T2 and T3 engravings will be available at launch. I don’t think Smilegate has made a decision on this yet since some late tier engravings are builds defining. I really want to plays a beserker madness build but that requires late tier engravings if I’m correct.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I’m not surprised at all that sorc is #1. That’s a class in any fantasy game that always seems to be popular amongst NA and EU players. I wasn’t expecting paladin to be in second place though. Maybe most people don’t realize who voted it’s a support and not a dps class? A lot of people who will try to raid as a dps pally will be salty for not being invited to raids. My main will be a support paladin and I will also play either a gunlancer or beserker depending if T2 and T3 engravings will be available at launch. I don’t think Smilegate has made a decision on this yet since some late tier engravings are builds defining. I really want to plays a beserker madness build but that requires late tier engravings if I’m correct.
Yeah still going Paladin, if I don't play support class I get bored. Might look into bard as well though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that poll is basically what I figured. Sorc being the only caster dps class really. Then both supports(though how many stay we will see, especially paladin if people think its a tank/dps like other games). Kind of shocked by the deathblade, but I haven't really looked into it either. Zerker makes sense, big 2h is always a draw. Gunlancer I expect to go up(every group wants one). Gunslinger expected(ranged, with pistols, sniper, shotgun).

Will be curious if things like scrapper and/or wardancer go up. The former supposedly provides very good impairement and the other class that does this good(destroyer) isnt in yet. Though how much you need that in early game I have no clue. And the latter provides a lot of buffs to the party. Again though maybe something more when stuff starts to get much harder. Will see how things shake out. Especially once people figure out all the buffs each class brings, so you really don't want a party of gunlancer/support/ 2 of the same dps.

I am still going bard as main. Was tempted to do paladin as one of their dps buffs is a lot easier to keep on party then bards(its in a radius around the paladin while bards is a ground effect) but bard does more shields/heals. Might be a tera like situation, in that game priest was great for progression(more healing) while mystic was great once you had the fight down(more adps). Still no clue what dps to do yet. Soulfist is fun, but I hear its all about landing its huge explosion or not. No LM. Gunslinger is fun, especially if I can just do pistols and sniper and be competitive. Sorc is fun, but so many. Maybe try artillerist, I love the gun look. No scouter either.