Lost Ark Online

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah still going Paladin, if I don't play support class I get bored. Might look into bard as well though.
Paladin is fun for me. I’ve been running a few T1 content with him before NA release and it wasn’t bad at all. It’s pretty simple honestly. Keep debuffs up, don’t overlap buffs and use bubble shield on cool down and use blue spells for stagger and part breaks. That’s pretty much it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that poll is basically what I figured. Sorc being the only caster dps class really. Then both supports(though how many stay we will see, especially paladin if people think its a tank/dps like other games). Kind of shocked by the deathblade, but I haven't really looked into it either. Zerker makes sense, big 2h is always a draw. Gunlancer I expect to go up(every group wants one). Gunslinger expected(ranged, with pistols, sniper, shotgun).

Will be curious if things like scrapper and/or wardancer go up. The former supposedly provides very good impairement and the other class that does this good(destroyer) isnt in yet. Though how much you need that in early game I have no clue. And the latter provides a lot of buffs to the party. Again though maybe something more when stuff starts to get much harder. Will see how things shake out. Especially once people figure out all the buffs each class brings, so you really don't want a party of gunlancer/support/ 2 of the same dps.

I am still going bard as main. Was tempted to do paladin as one of their dps buffs is a lot easier to keep on party then bards(its in a radius around the paladin while bards is a ground effect) but bard does more shields/heals. Might be a tera like situation, in that game priest was great for progression(more healing) while mystic was great once you had the fight down(more adps). Still no clue what dps to do yet. Soulfist is fun, but I hear its all about landing its huge explosion or not. No LM. Gunslinger is fun, especially if I can just do pistols and sniper and be competitive. Sorc is fun, but so many. Maybe try artillerist, I love the gun look. No scouter either.
Yeah I agree gunlancer will definitely go up in rank. Guessing people are not feeling it now cause they move so slow and the lack of a forward dash. Those two features turned me off at first but more I played it I figured how to use the backwards jump efficiently. Wardancer and striker will go up because they both offer an attack speed, movement speed and crit buff to the party. They probably have one of the best buffs in the game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I agree gunlancer will definitely go up in rank. Guessing people are not feeling it now cause they move so slow and the lack of a forward dash. Those two features turned me off at first but more I played it I figured how to use the backwards jump efficiently. Wardancer and striker will go up because they both offer an attack speed, movement speed and crit buff to the party. They probably have one of the best buffs in the game.

I might have to try it again. That's what turned me off. That tiny little hop back, that was it and feeling like I was somewhat snared. I was like blegh. Especially coming from other classes with a lot more movement/speed. Granted it might be you are not expected to dodge it all, and just shield and sit in instead.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I might have to try it again. That's what turned me off. That tiny little hop back, that was it and feeling like I was somewhat snared. I was like blegh. Especially coming from other classes with a lot more movement/speed. Granted it might be you are not expected to dodge it all, and just shield and sit in instead.
There’s a trick to somewhat hop forward. If you’re moving in a forward direction, put the mouse behind your character and hit the spacebar at the same time and he will hop forward facing backwards. It takes practice doing it but it helped me out a few times to dodge shit.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I have read through the recent posts. Zerker was noted as being one of the best "First try" classes. I am not much for dodging while attacking. Are there classes that do not have to go out of their way to be super dexterous using a keyboard and mouse or is that all the game ends up being? If there are, which classes would that be as I would probably favor those most.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I have read through the recent posts. Zerker was noted as being one of the best "First try" classes. I am not much for dodging while attacking. Are there classes that do not have to go out of their way to be super dexterous using a keyboard and mouse or is that all the game ends up being? If there are, which classes would that be as I would probably favor those most.
Just say it: What is the most boomer friendly class?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just say it: What is the most boomer friendly class?
Well, he has a point. Im trying to relax when I play games at my age, not roid out at the gym and then come home and scream at a monitor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Well, he has a point. Im trying to relax when I play games at my age, not roid out at the gym and then come home and scream at a monitor.
Yeah I'm Gen X and already don't have energy to work all day then come home and pound away on my keyboard like Thelonious Monk.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
All the classes with the exception of gunlancer you have to dodge but you don’t need the dexterity and reflex of a 20 year old. Most of the boss attacks are telegraphed and can be dodge or avoided.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
FoH is now filled with the same type of "lazy" gamers we used to bitch about when we couldn't kill Rathe Council or Ragnaros. SAD!

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FoH is now filled with the same type of "lazy" gamers we used to bitch about when we couldn't kill Rathe Council or Ragnaros. SAD!

This forum needs a /yawn or eyeroll reaction. btw this is "Weeb shit" kirun, better stay away or you will get infected.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This forum needs a /yawn or eyeroll reaction. btw this is "Weeb shit" kirun, better stay away or you will get infected.
Bro, I played BDO for almost a year and remain weeb free. I don't hate FF14 for it's "weeb shit"(although that's a factor), I hate FF14 because ALL that game has from a selling standpoint is its story and its story is overhyped garbage.

That said, I don't plan on playing Lost Ark. I thought the game was going to be something a lot different than what it is. I figured it'd be an ARPG with MMORPG elements, but it really just sounds like an MMORPG with isometic combat - not really interested in that. Throw in all the "Americanization" Amazon is likely adding to the game/store and I'll pass.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just remember, in the end its f2p. Easy to try with no real loss.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Overall looking forward to this game. Only complaint is minor at this time, and that is the typical Korean bullshit gender locking.

Will main Paladin, and have either a Gunlancer or Berserker alt; or likely both.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

This forum has had an eyeroll reaction for literally 3 years. I gave your post a taste of it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was going to post this. Great news that some T3 content will be available at launch and combat level will be 60.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bro, I played BDO for almost a year and remain weeb free. I don't hate FF14 for it's "weeb shit"(although that's a factor), I hate FF14 because ALL that game has from a selling standpoint is its story and its story is overhyped garbage.

That said, I don't plan on playing Lost Ark. I thought the game was going to be something a lot different than what it is. I figured it'd be an ARPG with MMORPG elements, but it really just sounds like an MMORPG with isometic combat - not really interested in that. Throw in all the "Americanization" Amazon is likely adding to the game/store and I'll pass.
Just what a weeb would say.

• 1Worf