Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How steep is the learning curve?

As far as combat, it's actually pretty basic, but fun. Everything else is pretty tedious. The game has a shitload of systems and currencies, but they are introduced gradually for the most part, and most have a short tutorial quest attached. Other than that the game has a pretty extensive Codex you can access in the UI, and there's websites with interactive maps that will help you a ton. It's pretty much just slowly accumulating knowledge, rather than increasing skill.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Never tried this game before, but I'm itching to play an MMO. How steep is the learning curve? And what server is everyone thinking (I'm East Coast).

The combat is easy. All the ancillary shit though, is a bit overwhelming at 1st. I just took each day to learn something new.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Such a brave statement.

I know as soon as I play as a female pixel I'm going to chop my dick off and start applying for off broadway work.

But what can you do when MMO choices are so limited.

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If your not staggering your teir content to draw as much money as possible(which I am shocked amazon isnt doing, though maybe wasnt their decision), whey are they still staggering classes. No reason we can't have LM or scouter and such already.

This does change a few things. I was most likely going to hit 50 on bard and do shire place for first full set of chaos gear, then right into an alt. But now, I have to look more into it. As people here and others have said, getting as far as you can right away to get into those dailies/weeklies is worth far more. Still have to turn around and do account wide stuff and lifeskills/stronghold. I was mostly going to play bard but also start saving up and doing account stuff for future LM. Now ugh.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know what server Asmongold is going to roll on? I'd like to avoid his choice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone know what server Asmongold is going to roll on? I'd like to avoid his choice.

While I'm sure his little hanger ons will follow him, I seriously doubt he'll stick with it very long. It's just not all that entertaining to watch, and a lot of the "content" is just chores.
Also, more people means faster queues for group content and pvp, and a healthier economy. Should also keep in mind the fact that LA uses a channel system. When an area fills up, a new channel is created automatically and you can change channels like every 10 or 15 seconds.

I don't know what kind of server capacity LA has, since it never was all that popular in RU, but I wouldn't worry too much about login queues.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So how many us plans on playing this and which server to play on? I’m either going paladin or gunlancer as my main (will definitely decide at 50) and beserker (plus the one main I didn’t pick) as alts to funnel gold to my chosen main. Not planning on poop sucking/no life this game but definitely play it as my primary game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
While I'm sure his little hanger ons will follow him, I seriously doubt he'll stick with it very long. It's just not all that entertaining to watch, and a lot of the "content" is just chores.
Also, more people means faster queues for group content and pvp, and a healthier economy. Should also keep in mind the fact that LA uses a channel system. When an area fills up, a new channel is created automatically and you can change channels like every 10 or 15 seconds.

I don't know what kind of server capacity LA has, since it never was all that popular in RU, but I wouldn't worry too much about login queues.

That's the gist I got. He's only playing LA because of community mentions/pressure.

He knows fuckall about LA and hasn't done shit to hype it or talk about it. He's just buying a box to participate a few weeks to keep up appearances that he's on the latest.

He's far more likely to continue grinding New World between WoW (which he has been doing). He has invested massive amounts of time into New World. More than anyone would think possible.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I don't watch streamers, but what streams of MMO isnt this? Maybe pvp focused(like arena)? But even that would get to be a chore after a while. I dunno how people watch it at all. Only thing I can think is they think they will never reach certain points in the game to see it themselves.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't watch streamers, but what streams of MMO isnt this? Maybe pvp focused(like arena)? But even that would get to be a chore after a while.

Most mmos "chores" tend to be centered around combat, other than crafting/gathering. LA has quite a few that are just running around the world talking (spamming g) to npcs. Or your daily emoting/playing songs for affinity npcs, which is one of the lamest things I've ever seen in an mmo.

The quest for your second Awakening is a good example. It's quite long, boring and tedious. 99% of it is traveling to various continents and islands and listening to npcs yap and it takes fucking hours. IIRC its one of the ones where at some part you have to put on a disguise and rpwalk, avoiding guard's red circles, and restart if you fail. Luckily, you only have to go through the damn thing on one character.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most mmos "chores" tend to be centered around combat, other than crafting/gathering. LA has quite a few that are just running around the world talking (spamming g) to npcs. Or your daily emoting/playing songs for affinity npcs, which is one of the lamest things I've ever seen in an mmo.

The quest for your second Awakening is a good example. It's quite long, boring and tedious. 99% of it is traveling to various continents and islands and listening to npcs yap and it takes fucking hours. IIRC its one of the ones where at some part you have to put on a disguise and rpwalk, avoiding guard's red circles, and restart if you fail. Luckily, you only have to go through the damn thing on one character.
I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed the “avoid the bad npc’s” quests that mmo’s do. It’s like they’re trying to reproduce “Thief” gameplay and it just doesn’t work.

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed the “avoid the bad npc’s” quests that mmo’s do. It’s like they’re trying to reproduce “Thief” gameplay and it just doesn’t work.

Fortunately, there's only one other quest like that, in Peyton. Unfortunately, you'll have to do it on every alt as well. The most annoying part is where you have to go into these cells and rescue 1 each of 6 children. Before you can leave each room, a guard dog appears at the door and slowly walks into the room. The first time you do it, you can't really tell where it's safe to stand, and if you pick wrong, you get to start the whole quest over. Other than that it's simple, just long, due to rpwalking. And there's a couple big fights at the end where you can vent your frustration. Which also makes the whole thing quite redundant. If I can kill 100 dudes with zero effort (as you will often do) why the fuck was I sneaking around in the first place?

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it? Might just be the costume? Saw a picture on the loading ship and it has neither, then later has both.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the ears are costume only, although a few of her costumes already have ears. It is a loli though.