Lost Ark Online

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
0 chance I roll on a faggy East Coast server. West Coast = Best Coast.

As far as "streamable", you'd be fucking surprised. BDO is one of the most unstreamable games I can imagine and there are folks out there getting 1kish views for people to watch them grind Sycraia for 4 hours.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So... Regulus?

I'm assuming everyone is deferring to someone like Raes Raes who will probably put in way more time than anyone else with this.
Regulus is fine as long Asmon and his sheeple are not on that server. I really don’t want his thousands of followers causing any more additional ques.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like maybe Admin is going on Galatur.

There are other big streamers too though, like shroud, with a significantly larger follower count.

I imagine this won't be like New World where you can avoid it completely.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like maybe Admin is going on Galatur.

There are other big streamers too though, like shroud, with a significantly larger follower count.

I imagine this won't be like New World where you can avoid it completely.
There was a point to getting away from them in New World. In Lost Ark.. I just dont see a comparable reason to care? "Oh some shit heads are here. *switches channel*"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So... Regulus?

I'm assuming everyone is deferring to someone like Raes Raes who will probably put in way more time than anyone else with this.

I doubt I'll be playing in NA. Pretty much the only reason I've played so much in RU is because there's no other MMO's to play in between the few single player games that come out each year that interest me. Trying out new classes is fun for a short while, and sometimes there are updates that address issues I have with the game, but overall, there's not really much meat to it. Too much "game" and filler and not enough "world." And playing in NA would just be repeating what I've already done, not having access to my favorite classes (although I like Sorc enough to put it nearly on par with Scout and Reaper, they did a pretty damn good job with her), and would require just too much damn time and effort running alt accounts for gold to really be worth it. As it is I can't even log into RU unless I have some show/movie to watch on my second screen.

To be honest, I think that the only really cool part of the game is the arena PvP, and I really have only barely touched that, due to playing at high ping. But, I think if you have 2 or so friends you could queue with regularly, it could potentially be a lot of fun. Plus, amazingly enough, it requires zero investment of gold or cash, since it's normalized.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Switching channels has a cooldown though I'd assume? Like in BDO you can only switch every 15mins or whatever. Some other korean games you can switch as much as you want, I don't remember how it was on beta, guess I could launch the RU client later and check. Other issue is how many channels they're gonna have per server. If there's way too many retards, there's gonna be retards on every channel.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Switching channels has a cooldown though I'd assume? Like in BDO you can only switch every 15mins or whatever. Some other korean games you can switch as much as you want, I don't remember how it was on beta, guess I could launch the RU client later and check. Other issue is how many channels they're gonna have per server. If there's way too many retards, there's gonna be retards on every channel.

It's like around 10 seconds and I seriously doubt Amazon would change that. There's just no reason to, unless you just really want to annoy your players. I don't think there's a channel limit. There are channels on the ocean too and I've seen that # get pretty high.

There's no retardation to deal with. All other players can do that affects you is kill quest mobs or gather from nodes. And that's what everyone is going to be doing, retarded or not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah made sense to avoid streamer zerg in new world with factions and how everything was based around that. In this game, it would lead to a bigger queue(if one at all) until they left. Remember anything you queue for is region wide iirc.

I think I read or heard in a video its pretty short cooldown, something like 20 seconds? Now the guy might of been exaggerating, I dunno, but he mentioned in korea on certain events, servers basically get flooded and there can be a hundred(or hundreds) of channels all doing the event. BDO had such a long CD because of open world pvp.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's like around 10 seconds and I seriously doubt Amazon would change that. There's just no reason to, unless you just really want to annoy your players. I don't think there's a channel limit. There are channels on the ocean too and I've seen that # get pretty high.
Are there trade/lifeskills in LO? If so, are they dogshit, pointless timewasters and you're better off just hooking yourself to the griiiiiiiiind like most other Korean games?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there trade/lifeskills in LO? If so, are they dogshit, pointless timewasters and you're better off just hooking yourself to the griiiiiiiiind like most other Korean games?

I've heard they are decent. Mainly to craft potions(the good ones)/battle items in your stronghold(basically your island housing). Otherwise you pay gold for them from others. And it seems in this game, try to save all gold for future item progression.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

There's no grind. Well, there's sort of a grind. They made it so that after you've run your 2 daily chaos dungeons you can keep running it, with like 1% drop rate for the normal shit, and you'll also get a new currency drop that you can buy shit from a vendor. It's really slow, but I guess it's something to do if you really like the combat. It's faceroll easy though, you barely have to look at the screen. I assume NA will have it in their version.

There are gathering skills, that you level up and get certain bonuses/abilities. Hard to tell what the economy is going to look like in this frankenstein version, but I recommend fishing. It's the only way to get the mats need to craft a material needed for gear upgrades, so it will be hella profitable at tier 3 (Punika) You don't technically craft yourself, you go to your estate and queue up crafts in the menu. Everyone has access to everything, but you have to "research" things that open up as you level your estate. Research costs basic wood and ore, so initially that will prolly be worth gathering too. It should remain somewhat decent (and ore becomes fastest to blow your labor on once you achieve a certain skill) because you constantly need them for research and to repair your estate ships that you send on missions for mats and shit. I can't compare wood and ore prices to RU anymore, because they recently changed some shit and tanked the prices on those like 90% and its still recovering. Early on crafting potions will probably be somewhat profitable, another one that's hard to tell in RU, due to recent changes, plus the fact that login/event rewards flood the server with bound potions. (another retarded thing.)

Also crafting costs gold. Lots of gold. If you check prices, you can sometimes make a profit still by buying stuff off the AH and crafting it, but your profit will only come from "extra" crafts that has a low % chance to proc. Like, the upgrade mat, I can craft 30 at a time, 10x30 per slot. Each proc is an extra 30. Every proc is pure profit.

The amount of items you can craft is limited by your crafting slots, and your estate "energy." You can research more slots as you level up, and the monthly "blessing" opens an extra 1 too. Same for research.

Always make sure to spend as much energy as you can every day, so your estate keeps leveling.

Sorry this is so messy and rambling. It's hard to explain shit with so many systems stacked on top of each other.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I've heard they are decent. Mainly to craft potions(the good ones)/battle items in your stronghold(basically your island housing). Otherwise you pay gold for them from others. And it seems in this game, try to save all gold for future item progression.

There is zero reason to rush any gear upgrades. Getting the right engravings for your class/build is way more important, prioritize your gold for that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There's no grind. Well, there's sort of a grind. They made it so that after you've run your 2 daily chaos dungeons you can keep running it, with like 1% drop rate for the normal shit, and you'll also get a new currency drop that you can buy shit from a vendor. It's really slow, but I guess it's something to do if you really like the combat. It's faceroll easy though, you barely have to look at the screen. I assume NA will have it in their version.

There are gathering skills, that you level up and get certain bonuses/abilities. Hard to tell what the economy is going to look like in this frankenstein version, but I recommend fishing. It's the only way to get the mats need to craft a material needed for gear upgrades, so it will be hella profitable at tier 3 (Punika) You don't technically craft yourself, you go to your estate and queue up crafts in the menu. Everyone has access to everything, but you have to "research" things that open up as you level your estate. Research costs basic wood and ore, so initially that will prolly be worth gathering too. It should remain somewhat decent (and ore becomes fastest to blow your labor on once you achieve a certain skill) because you constantly need them for research and to repair your estate ships that you send on missions for mats and shit. I can't compare wood and ore prices to RU anymore, because they recently changed some shit and tanked the prices on those like 90% and its still recovering. Early on crafting potions will probably be somewhat profitable, another one that's hard to tell in RU, due to recent changes, plus the fact that login/event rewards flood the server with bound potions. (another retarded thing.)

Also crafting costs gold. Lots of gold. If you check prices, you can sometimes make a profit still by buying stuff off the AH and crafting it, but your profit will only come from "extra" crafts that has a low % chance to proc. Like, the upgrade mat, I can craft 30 at a time, 10x30 per slot. Each proc is an extra 30. Every proc is pure profit.

The amount of items you can craft is limited by your crafting slots, and your estate "energy." You can research more slots as you level up, and the monthly "blessing" opens an extra 1 too. Same for research.

Always make sure to spend as much energy as you can every day, so your estate keeps leveling.

Sorry this is so messy and rambling. It's hard to explain shit with so many systems stacked on top of each other.
Ugh, every bit of info that gets dropped makes me want to play this less and less.

• 2Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You're really not selling me on this game. The more you explain, the shittier it sounds.

It's WoWified "ARPG". With all the same daily / weekly timegates, but also with incredibly annoying sound effects. It's a truly terrible game.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You're really not selling me on this game. The more you explain, the shittier it sounds.

Ugh, every bit of info that gets dropped makes me want to play this less and less.

Lol. The game is beautiful, the sound design and music are excellent and the combat is fun. And, and long as you don't feel like you have to rush, you can just play casual and completely free and it's really not so bad. If you treat it like a race/job, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Its like BDO and probably even worse. In terms of overwhelming systems/things to do. Just depends do you try to be the top 5% for some reason, or just gradually go through at your own pace.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its like BDO and probably even worse. In terms of overwhelming systems/things to do. Just depends do you try to be the top 5% for some reason, or just gradually go through at your own pace.
Except the thing I liked about BDO is that it gave you a ton of freedom to just go anywhere, kill anything, etc. I find grinding "endless" mobs oddly therapeutic, in a way. I want to play MMOs and ARPGs to put on some music, podcasts, whatever and get my chill griiiiiind on. Maybe I'll get sweaty and do a raid or two here or there, but that's about it.

This game sounds like a gated, daily/weekly hellhole, filled with a bunch of systems that are precisely why I left WoW years ago. I fucking HATE "chore" gameplay. Just let me do whatever I want, when I want, and I'll figure out the rest.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users