Lost Ark Online

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you play this with limited/no alts or are they basically needed to some degree? If so, what is the minimum you need or is it just based on how fast you want to do stuff/craft on your main?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Can you play this with limited/no alts or are they basically needed to some degree? If so, what is the minimum you need or is it just based on how fast you want to do stuff/craft on your main?

You don't need any alts at all. But, if you don't have any your progress will be extremely slow.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I got the plat & gold packs and have vacation for all of February (wasn't even planned - work just asked me to take some of the insane amount of carry over from last year ASAP) so will be going hard at launch.

Is there any grp type content in this or just Solo and PVP ?

You'll solo all the way to 50 for the most part (really no reason to do any of the dungeons in a group) however there is a lot of group content that unlocks at that point (guardian raids are mostly done in groups even if soloable), abyss dungeons, Cube dungeon, raids, Chaos gates, some island content, field bosses, etc.

Alts aren't required however they will substantially increase your quality of life and progression. You will run out of things to do fairly fast sticking to one character and the game encourages you to create multiple alts. This can be off putting if you're like me and traditionally hate alts but it's built into the game in a way that works. Class design is a significant benefit in the game, so you're really doing yourself a disservice by not trying a few alts even if they end up being characters you only complete daily content (guardian raids / chaos dungeons) with.

Last edited:

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any idea on average playtime to 50 first go around? Guess I should start watching videos today - anyone good creators who make LA stuff you recommend?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Minecraft is educational , those kids sure can build something in that game

better than my stupid chink cunt of a mum throwing thousand of dollars at king royale / candy crush shit
I hate this woman this fucking useless parents and I have to pretend like I am friend to them to get them play the normal games

fucking dutiful sheep heading the capitalist call spending their dwindling lower class salaries on poorly made shit

I got her hooked up on new world and ready to get her on lost ark / mortal online 2

even paid for annual subscription in Everquest 1 just in case and signed up for Geforce now so they can access my limitless steam library

any of it are better than throwing money at lame ass cellphone game
C9818BB9-48F2-4109-8424-262230FDFCBC.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any idea on average playtime to 50 first go around? Guess I should start watching videos today - anyone good creators who make LA stuff you recommend?
If you read the quests and shit, it's like 18-20hours depending on how efficient and stuff. If you skip stuff, it's more like down to 12-ish. If you're hardcore speed leveling, it's like 8 or 9h iirc? But that's ppl who know all the quests and use efficient movement skills and speed pots and stuff, so yeah more like 12ish for rerolls.

The leveling is super dumb easy as most modern mmos, just follow the main quest, ignore sidequests until 49(besides the special ones that have a chain icon, these are chain quests and take a bit longer but reward skill potions and such, can go back later though) and you will likely not die once unless you do hard mode dungeons(and even then I think I died once or twice, and one time was from getting stunlocked into a wall by a spinning attack). There's no reason to do hard mode dungeons either besides adventure log zone completion stuff(and you can do it at high lvl in 3mins instead). You can do sidequests if you want for account progression stuff, although I'd recommend doing it on a later char(the faster you can get your first char to daillies shit the better, after that you have time to mess around with shit).

Saintone has some good stuff and plays KR so he has good info, Sywo also has usually good info but more from RU perspective. Bunch of others too but really depends on the content you're looking for, there's a lot of info out there although some will be outdated right away due to our version being a bit weird. Papunika and Maxroll.gg are good database/guide websites in english so far, Papunika has a lot of overall info while Maxroll has a lot of guides AND they have by far the most detailed island info which will be pretty important once 50 and you're looking for specific things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Would this be fun as a casual player? And I guess is the story any good and worth paying attention to or just standard fodder that you can skip? Pretty much all I've seen of this game so far is just a couple of the crazy high-end raids, but have no idea how the leveling works, is there open world, any side content/fuck around content, etc. Watched a couple of Stoopz's videos on the game, but just still don't know much about it. Is it completely free to get into or do you have to buy one of the founders packs?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you read the quests and shit, it's like 18-20hours depending on how efficient and stuff. If you skip stuff, it's more like down to 12-ish. If you're hardcore speed leveling, it's like 8 or 9h iirc? But that's ppl who know all the quests and use efficient movement skills and speed pots and stuff, so yeah more like 12ish for rerolls.

The leveling is super dumb easy as most modern mmos, just follow the main quest, ignore sidequests until 49(besides the special ones that have a chain icon, these are chain quests and take a bit longer but reward skill potions and such, can go back later though) and you will likely not die once unless you do hard mode dungeons(and even then I think I died once or twice, and one time was from getting stunlocked into a wall by a spinning attack). There's no reason to do hard mode dungeons either besides adventure log zone completion stuff(and you can do it at high lvl in 3mins instead). You can do sidequests if you want for account progression stuff, although I'd recommend doing it on a later char(the faster you can get your first char to daillies shit the better, after that you have time to mess around with shit).

Saintone has some good stuff and plays KR so he has good info, Sywo also has usually good info but more from RU perspective. Bunch of others too but really depends on the content you're looking for, there's a lot of info out there although some will be outdated right away due to our version being a bit weird. Papunika and Maxroll.gg are good database/guide websites in english so far, Papunika has a lot of overall info while Maxroll has a lot of guides AND they have by far the most detailed island info which will be pretty important once 50 and you're looking for specific things.

The only issue with skipping all side quests is that some of those quests become your dailies at 50, and doing them is what unlocks them. Plus, there's no real reason to rush, you're only saving yourself a few hours, it's just not that big a deal. There's one quests on the first continent where you give medicine to plague victims and when it becomes a daily rewards a high amount of silver. You'll be wanting to do that one every day on every character.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Would this be fun as a casual player? And I guess is the story any good and worth paying attention to or just standard fodder that you can skip? Pretty much all I've seen of this game so far is just a couple of the crazy high-end raids, but have no idea how the leveling works, is there open world, any side content/fuck around content, etc. Watched a couple of Stoopz's videos on the game, but just still don't know much about it. Is it completely free to get into or do you have to buy one of the founders packs?

It's completely free. Nothing wrong with playing casually. The heart of what makes the game fun is the combat, and having high GS doesn't really change that. Just check out that class vid I posted yesterday and pick something to try out. See how you like it. The game/client is extremely polished, and most things are intuitive. Just jump in and fuck around, see how you like it.

• 1Like

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
I don't plan to speed rush through anything with the first toon... seems pointless unless you are super hardcore full time job gamer guy (or already played in the other regions), lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think if you had a friend or two to dink around with it could be ok? I thought it was pretty but really generic and boring quest storyline. The combat was fun for a little bit. I think the bullshit quest to bullshit quest on rails killed the fun for me pretty quickly. It was really fucking easy. Like trash mobs and questing is a snooze fest, the boss fights were actually fun cause you had to dodge and shit.

I don’t plan on playing it but maybe if a buddy hit me up to do it I might play it. I read they cut down the cut scenes/ dialogue windows which is a huge positive, I hated it there were SO many. So idk, maybe it’s more fun now.

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
If you are looking for a pure casual MMO that is fun with pretty good/enjoyable questing, check out ESO (Elder Scrolls Online). Tons of stuff you can do casually and some really really good quests, awesome story, and the dungeons are all quite fun and easy to jump into.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be going to play this with 2 friends with whom I've been playing since EQ1 early days. We usually take our time, read and do every single quests, and try to do most content just the 3 of us when we can, we group with others if absolutely needed(what can I say we're old and grumpy).

We're pretty casual, so we don't feel any rush to reach the end game.

My biggest issue right now is Horizon: Forbidden West coming our a week later, going to have to split my time between the two games.

• 1Solidarity

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
I'll be going to play this with 2 friends with whom I've been playing since EQ1 early days. We usually take our time, read and do every single quests, and try to do most content just the 3 of us when we can, we group with others if absolutely needed(what can I say we're old and grumpy).

We're pretty casual, so we don't feel any rush to reach the end game.

My biggest issue right now is Horizon: Forbidden West coming our a week later, going to have to split my time between the two games.
Same boat with other games coming out... Seems like there are 50 good games coming out this month! Wtf, lol. Total War Warhammer 3, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Horizon, etc...

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Totally a casuals paradise. If you just chill out, and don't worry about "end game" you can have a really good time. Follow the main quest, do all the side quests, ... Shit just watch this:

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
A pretty good video if anyone still deciding on which class to play. Also you may want to check out Hi_Im_Fox you tube channel and his "In a nutshell" video series describing each class. Here a paladin one since that's the class I will be playing.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Difference between Gunlancer and Artillerist (when it comes to demand, one over the other etc.)? If I dont like them, Im looking at (if all of these are available at launch, anyways) Shadowhunter. I like the tank aspect in most MMO's, but I just dont get the vibe that tanks are thought of in the traditional way in this game. So I dont know if I'll like playing either one. The Shadowhunter looks like a DPS class I would actually enjoy, though.

Also, engravings? I get that there are two engravings per class, but Im guessing there are more that arent class specific? Why is that guy saying that some people will max out one class engraving, then two on the next one, then saying that maxxing out two on the next class is "gimping" said class? How does it gimp it? If the gimping is based on the fact that you can only level engravings but so much in a given time frame, what is the player doing to level them? Just a lot of questions on engravings and there seems to be a mountain of articles to read when I search it and Im not even sure whats up to date and whats not when I look at them (or worse, whats available in KR vs the West release.)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Difference between Gunlancer and Artillerist (when it comes to demand, one over the other etc.)? If I dont like them, Im looking at (if all of these are available at launch, anyways) Shadowhunter. I like the tank aspect in most MMO's, but I just dont get the vibe that tanks are thought of in the traditional way in this game. So I dont know if I'll like playing either one. The Shadowhunter looks like a DPS class I would actually enjoy, though.

Also, engravings? I get that there are two engravings per class, but Im guessing there are more that arent class specific? Why is that guy saying that some people will max out one class engraving, then two on the next one, then saying that maxxing out two on the next class is "gimping" said class? How does it gimp it? If the gimping is based on the fact that you can only level engravings but so much in a given time frame, what is the player doing to level them? Just a lot of questions on engravings and there seems to be a mountain of articles to read when I search it and Im not even sure whats up to date and whats not when I look at them (or worse, whats available in KR vs the West release.)

Class engravings are varied in their usefulness. Often, using non class engravings (there are many) is better for certain classes/activities. Learning 1 rank of an engraving requires 20 books of that engraving. Not sure how many ranks we'll have, RU currently has 4. Books are rare/rng drops, and you can get a few from events, and from some affinity rewards and things like that. When you get them as rewards you get a certain number and you can choose what engraving you receive for each one, but these are separated into either class or general categories. You also get rng engravings on your accessories. Engravings have to be sort of equipped (there are two buttons on your character UI where you can select which ones you want to equip that you have learned.) I assume we have that new functionality, you used to have to have them "engraved" on your rings, hence the name.

The good engravings and most class engravings are pretty expensive on the AH (where you'll be getting most of them). It's going to be quite a while before you'll get enough books for it to even be something to worry about. Unless we get some kind of event that has them as a reward. They do sometime give us like a box of 20 (choosable) rank 1s or 2s.

Edit: Engravings typically enhance some attribute or add damage or whatever, mostly 3% at rank 1, so like I said, it won't really be a big deal for a while.

• 1Like