Lost Ark Online

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
From the sounds of it their naming system is dog shit, so more than likely nearly every character I have will have something ridiculous.

But yeah, that was my actual question...whether 3 days makes any difference. Not whether $15 is worth it. It doesn't seem like you get anything worthwhile from it except the head start.

Goonsquad Officer
How does this game play? What is the meta like? Is it clicky like diablo? Or more like a guild wars style hybrid of click and mashing 1 to 8?

Whats the meta like? Do you grind like wow? Or story stuff? I'm curious but haven't really seen clear rundowns

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
How does this game play? What is the meta like? Is it clicky like diablo? Or more like a guild wars style hybrid of click and mashing 1 to 8?

Whats the meta like? Do you grind like wow? Or story stuff? I'm curious but haven't really seen clear rundowns

Watch some videos, most of those questions will be answered in first 15 seconds.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is this thing really worth $15 to play 3 days early?
Not really. I’m getting the platinum package and take my time leveling while reading all the texts and do the side quests. But I would say if you’re in an guild trying to get world first or hoping to secure a name before the flood gates open up or just want to rush to max level asap then I say yes. Nothing is really seems mandatory in this game.

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
Maybe I need to look into more. I've watched several but they never did the basics. They were always about weird particulars. Just bad luck and lack of search criteria on my part I suppose

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

You can download the RU version and test the game out, you do need a VPN but you can get a free trial on one to test it out as long as you don't waste your bandwith watching youtube with it on.

It plays somewhat like Diablo, skills with cooldowns, clicking for movement. Not very story oriented(there is one and it's quite long but you can also ignore it easily), very much grind based, with daily/weekly timegates on a ton of content for a slow progression over a long period of time, but not like wow so much since wow wipes stuff every few patches, here it's more like there's some grinds that take months, but they'll benefit your account forever(which include any alts you make later and such, a lot of the progression is account wide). Has raids similar to standard mmo raids like wow mythic/ffxiv savage and such and some more casual content too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So undecided on Gunlance, Paladin, or Wardancer. I'll probably just roll all 3 and decide after messing around with them at 50.
This is pretty much I’m doing too but beserker instead of wardancer. I know I will mostly go paladin but there’s that small chance I may choose one of the other two. So I will definitely hold onto my plat founders skin until then.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

Its a Korean MMO grind/gate timesink game. Pretty, with tons of potential that is buried under dailies and other artificial time sinks.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You laughing but I bet some NA/EU guild is going to try snd brag about it. So and so build killed this boss first etc. It’s our mentality.

I laughed because the only "world" firsts for LA happen in Korea, where the game has been out for 3 years, and will always be ahead of us.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Korean? That just sounds like a MMO period.

Not really. Imagine if in, say WoW for instance, you could only run 2 normal dungeons per day, and only gather crafting mats for like 30 minutes per day, could only craft a limited number of items per day, could only earn a limited amount of gold per week. etc etc.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not really. Imagine if in, say WoW for instance, you could only run 2 normal dungeons per day, and only gather crafting mats for like 30 minutes per day, could only craft a limited number of items per day, could only earn a limited amount of gold per week. etc etc.
Don't forget the RNG!

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loaded up the RU version to try out Sorc. She is pretty fun, only issue I have with her atm (lvl20) is that her dmg is slightly delayed, so mobs that move a lot can end upmoving out of aoe. Had that happen a lot with Sand Giant.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Loaded up the RU version to try out Sorc. She is pretty fun, only issue I have with her atm (lvl20) is that her dmg is slightly delayed, so mobs that move a lot can end upmoving out of aoe. Had that happen a lot with Sand Giant.

One of the issues with LA is that the skills they start you with usually aren't that great, especially with not enough skill points to get some tripods going. You shouldn't have any problem at later levels. My Sorc absolutely annihilates mobs in Chaos dungeons.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got kind of excited about this after watching some videos, and tempted to get the founders pack, but ironically I think we're going to end up on the road sometime next week. So I'd be paying for the early access and then stopping at release to probably pick it back up a week later.

Not sure what to do now.