Lost Ark Online

Cybsled

Costumes add to your main attribute which is used to calculate your attack power. Normal ones add 4% total (it's per piece, usually 1% each, but some have chest/legs as 1 piece for 2%), and legendary adds 8%.

Wait, that shitty BDO mechanic is here too? Noooooo

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Wait, that shitty BDO mechanic is here too? Noooooo

It's a little different. The % is helpful, but not a huge difference. And buying costumes off the AH is easy and won't break your bank. Legendary costumes are pretty expensive, but normal ones aren't and I have normal costumes on all 8 of the alts on my main account, even though I don't really need the extra power. The only thing that is a little difficult is the stupid "limited time sale" bullshit. If you don't buy a limited time costume off the AH while it's still being sold on the website, the cost will increase exponentially later.

I mainly use them to help reach the stupid "AP Gates" which I assume is still in the game. I haven't looked into it recently. But, basically, even if you have the GS required for certain activities, if you are below the HIDDEN ap gate, you do massively less damage.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

1643928580218.png

1643928608705.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems we're getting a somewhat recent build, which makes sense since there's T3 but still recent within that, with DX11 and Berserker Madness rework(Late december RU update). Sucks they haven't posted the Cash Shop news yet though, not sure if it's gonna be later today/tomorrow or monday or something.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Berserker Madness is huge. What great news. Might main Zerker now. Psyched!

To bad they can't get the naming bullshit fixed. Fingers crossed they come through.

Edit add Video for those wonder WTF Madness is:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
They've pretty much nailed absolutely everything possible in this last week (DX11, balance patch status, Knowledge Transfer) and I was rather convinced they would fuck things up completely, so I am pleasantly surprised. I reserve the right to retract this statement if they fuck up the cash shop (which, at this stage, would take some work) but really, gotta give them a lot of credit for getting so much 'right' that I wasn't expecting.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What is different with madness zerker now?
Well there's a video, but largely the main difference is the Engraving makes the special mode permanent, so you don't need specialization to increase uptime and can focus on crit/swiftness plus it also caps your hp at 25% so you can activate any <50% requirement like some tripods and one damage engraving without downsides(also lets you use cheaper pots since you only need to fill 25% of your life to full heal anyway).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well there's a video, but largely the main difference is the Engraving makes the special mode permanent, so you don't need specialization to increase uptime and can focus on crit/swiftness plus it also caps your hp at 25% so you can activate any <50% requirement like some tripods and one damage engraving without downsides(also lets you use cheaper pots since you only need to fill 25% of your life to full heal anyway).
Okay…. I already knew about the perma beserker build with the engraving. I thought they just recently added something new to the class to it making it even better.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Okay…. I already knew about the perma beserker build with the engraving. I thought they just recently added something new to the class to it making it even better.
Na that's just it, but it's pretty "new", we're not getting like T3 launch build and such and instead a build that's only a few months old similar to the current RU build, which is good. The worst part of korean ports is getting shit from 1year+ ago and then knowing you'll get buffs/qol stuff but only ~6months later and until then you just have to play with the shitty stuff. It's nice that instead they're ok with porting more recent content even if we don't have all the content unlocked yet.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm starting to waffle a little bit on wanting to play this. On one hand, it would be fun to jump into a MMO with all of you again. On the other hand, it sounds like it's going to be a grind fest (I know, I know, its a Korean MMO, what else should I expect?), and there are just a mega fuck ton of other games coming out soon that I think are going to consume an equal amount of my time (Sifu, Elden Ring, etc...). I guess I can give it a shot and see if it's my cup of tea. Doesn't look like it costs that much, so not a big deal. If I do wind up purchasing, what are the royal crystals, and is it worth it to get the gold or platinum founder's pack?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to waffle a little bit on wanting to play this. On one hand, it would be fun to jump into a MMO with all of you again. On the other hand, it sounds like it's going to be a grind fest (I know, I know, its a Korean MMO, what else should I expect?), and there are just a mega fuck ton of other games coming out soon that I think are going to consume an equal amount of my time (Sifu, Elden Ring, etc...). I guess I can give it a shot and see if it's my cup of tea. Doesn't look like it costs that much, so not a big deal. If I do wind up purchasing, what are the royal crystals, and is it worth it to get the gold or platinum founder's pack?
You don't even need to buy a pack. Its F2P.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
How important is picking a server for this? As in, are you locked to only playing with the people on your server, etc.?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How important is picking a server for this? As in, are you locked to only playing with the people on your server, etc.?

Everything important is cross-server. Just can't mail, or join a guild on another server.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Premade pvp is server specific too from what I read, which seemed to be the only relevant content stuff that would matter if you cared about that. I'm not even sure what premade pvp actually does though, looked like rank is solo queue anyway?

Also pop somewhat matters for like island events and such. Many need enough people to run properly.

I still think I'll pick a "low pop" server though, they'll likely be full of new players anyway, and after that I can server transfer once they open these if needed. Starting on one of these servers the hardcore people designated as "good" seems like a nice way to stand in queue for hours for no actual advantage.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Premade pvp is server specific too from what I read, which seemed to be the only relevant content stuff that would matter if you cared about that. I'm not even sure what premade pvp actually does though, looked like rank is solo queue anyway?

Also pop somewhat matters for like island events and such. Many need enough people to run properly.

I still think I'll pick a "low pop" server though, they'll likely be full of new players anyway, and after that I can server transfer once they open these if needed. Starting on one of these servers the hardcore people designated as "good" seems like a nice way to stand in queue for hours for no actual advantage.

Premade pvp is impacted by server selection, as you stated. This is where you set up groups before queuing in (e.g. for a tournament or to practice against a specific team). All ranked queues are solo.

Islands are mostly soloable content, especially with T3 being available. It's in fact significantly better to be on a lower pop server for a lot of these (e.g., there is an island where you have to destroy crates to hope that RNG drops the heart for you. The moment there's more than like, 5-6 people this becomes incredibly irritating to do as you'll be waiting on respawns more than anything). With that being said, it's an MMO -- part of the fun is being with others (looking forward to seeing how many people are hanging out in Bern!).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Thought I had read that queues were region specific and not server?

Queues for dungeons and raids, and solo queue for pvp are not server specific. Premades are, but there's an LFG on the queue UI, where you can make a group and people can apply, that's server only.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How many people are allowed on the servers? I mean, on the end game islands or w/e, can you not just switch channels multiple times? I'm just thinking that regardless of server, there are only a handful to pick from and I think theyre all going to be packed.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How many people are allowed on the servers? I mean, on the end game islands or w/e, can you not just switch channels multiple times? I'm just thinking that regardless of server, there are only a handful to pick from and I think theyre all going to be packed.

New channels are auto generated when one fills up, you can change every few seconds. There's a list where you can choose which shows a red/yellow/green dot indicating how full each is. You can't change channels on islands, it automatically puts you in one when you zone in, I think.