Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Btw Raes Raes or someone else who played endgame for a bit, are island quests doable only on one char? Like the mini island quests on most of them.

It seems to me it should be obvious they're only one time rewards, seeing as how the rewards on some of them are very big, but I haven't really seen anyone say it was the case or not. For example I was checking island quests to get pirate coins and high seas coins(ghinea or gineva or whatever they end up calling them) to quickly buy giant hearts/island hearts/songs for rapport and such. Some of these questlines reward large amount of coins, like 10-20k pirate coins or 5-10 high seas chests for 100coins selectable coins each and all. It'd make little sense for these to be repeatable since it'd be faster to just lvl an alt and do these quests for currency than actually get the currency but figure I'd ask. I figure some of them have weird reqs, because it seems like you could buy a bunch of the stuff outright if you did these quests but you have guides explaining how it takes 2 weeks of doing coop sea events instead when it'd take like 2hours to do the questlines and buy everything, so not sure if the guide writer is just dumb and forgot or what, guess that part I'll see once I get on the islands.

It's a hard question to answer. Many rewards are once per account. Most island quests are repeatable on another character I think, but like sidequests you'll get some rewards, and if any of those rewards are once per account it will tell you you've already received them. There are many different kinds of islands. Some are only available at a certain time per day. Some hearts require leveling up an npcs Rapport. Some require an rng drop that could take you weeks to get, although I think they increased the drop rate of these. Most of the pirate coins I've earned have come from events and login rewards. I still only have like 12 island hearts. I need 20 for the skill point pot, but since I already have like 330 sp, and some of the quests are a pain in the ass I haven't bothered with them yet.

These things are designed with the intention of taking a while to get, so there's not really any way to rush through them. Also, many guides are from previous iterations of the game, and lots of things have changed since they were written. I would pay attention to recent and upcoming stuff from Saintone, Zealsambition, and Sywo for up to date info.

This also brings to mind another reason not to skip all side shit and rush to 50. Many sidequests and hidden sidequest (you can find these with one of the interactive maps) reward you with Rapport attributes which are required at certain levels of Rapport with an npc. If these attributes are too low you'll just get stuck. Costume skins help with this too.

Collecting songs/emotes is also pretty important for this and something to definitely focus on, and also a bit of a pain in the ass. One I'm not looking forward to repeating. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's a hard question to answer. Many rewards are once per account. Most island quests are repeatable on another character I think, but like sidequests you'll get some rewards, and if any of those rewards are once per account it will tell you you've already received them. There are many different kinds of islands. Some are only available at a certain time per day. Some hearts require leveling up an npcs Rapport. Some require an rng drop that could take you weeks to get, although I think they increased the drop rate of these. Most of the pirate coins I've earned have come from events and login rewards. I still only have like 12 island hearts. I need 20 for the skill point pot, but since I already have like 330 sp, and some of the quests are a pain in the ass I haven't bothered with them yet.

These things are designed with the intention of taking a while to get, so there's not really any way to rush through them. Also, many guides are from previous iterations of the game, and lots of things have changed since they were written. I would pay attention to recent and upcoming stuff from Saintone, Zealsambition, and Sywo for up to date info.

This also brings to mind another reason not to skip all side shit and rush to 50. Many sidequests and hidden sidequest (you can find these with one of the interactive maps) reward you with Rapport attributes which are required at certain levels of Rapport with an npc. If these attributes are too low you'll just get stuck. Costume skins help with this too.

Collecting songs/emotes is also pretty important for this and something to definitely focus on, and also a bit of a pain in the ass. One I'm not looking forward to repeating. :(
So on your road to 50 next week are you doing a lot of the side quests etc? Since we have the boosts?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So on your road to 50 next week are you doing a lot of the side quests etc? Since we have the boosts?

I'll be doing the hidden quests and some side quests. Since the boost will autocomplete all the non-hidden side quests. Which slipped my mind, since I just woke up. Thanks for the reminder. I'll mainly be doing a lot of the early side quests, since I like to be at certain levels for certain early areas/dungeons. Just makes it easier. And I'll also be doing some side quests in the last continent before Bern so I'm level 50 before a certain early quest there that has level 50 as a req.

I was so giddy at the thought of not having to level to 50 more than once that the fact that boosts autocompletes all sidequests didn't even occur to me, lol. Of course, RU never got Knowledge transfer, so it would be funny if it was different than a normal boosts and didn't do that.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So the game isn't even launched yet and the Amazon fuck-up drama has already begun. Amazon's Twitch channel "Crown" made a tweet about giving Founder's packs (all 4 levels) for channel points. In response to a question, they said "if you've got the points, you get the pack, guaranteed." This was wrong, and they later said "oops, sorry, there are a limited number of packs per day! our bad!" So, platinum pack were going to cost 1500 channel points. You can earn points by giving 1 bit, following, subbing and gifting subs. People were doing that nonstop since the first announcement. And now today "O-M-G guys, we just found out that we can't give founders packs for channel points, SORRY!, But we'll still be giving some away so watch our streams."

I swear, this fucking company can't do anything right. Well, except deliver packages.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So the game isn't even launched yet and the Amazon fuck-up drama has already begun. Amazon's Twitch channel "Crown" made a tweet about giving Founder's packs (all 4 levels) for channel points. In response to a question, they said "if you've got the points, you get the pack, guaranteed." This was wrong, and they later said "oops, sorry, there are a limited number of packs per day! our bad!" So, platinum pack were going to cost 1500 channel points. You can earn points by giving 1 bit, following, subbing and gifting subs. People were doing that nonstop since the first announcement. And now today "O-M-G guys, we just found out that we can't give founders packs for channel points, SORRY!, But we'll still be giving some away so watch our streams."

I swear, this fucking company can't do anything right. Well, except deliver packages.
To be fair it was questionable right from the start and anyone who thought they were going to give platinum packs to everyone who had 1500 channel points was an absolute retard, seeing how 1500 channel points is much cheaper than the actual pack. It was obvious at the very least it was going to be limited quantities even if it did work(such as a raffle you enter by spending 1500points and such). Apparently they can't give them at all but yeah that was some obvious shit, plus there was no need to rush since it's monday so people should have waited for actual confirmations, since the original post about it just was based on the little info thing from the twitch channel "About" page, which had 0 indication it was even going to be a thing for sure.

On the islands, I meant specifically the sidequests on them, but it makes sense they don't give rewards again, although you can redo them. Some of the rewards are just too good to be redone. Even one time though I noted a bunch of islands with good rewards(other than the upgrade materials islands which are easily found in multiple videos about rushing to T3 and stuff). I'll see how annoying the quests are but I checked the database thing and they didn't seem to have hard steps to them but that shit feels fairly incomplete anyway so we'll see.

Anyway mostly my plan right now is to rush leveling ignoring all side quests, so I can try to fit as many weekly things as possible before weekly reset on the "first" day, and after that I'll take it slow, level a 2nd char that will do adventure tome shit as I level for all the rewards(not 100% obviously since the random drops take forever and the rapport+food usually need una daillies/rapport too to fully complete, but can get 50-60% easily just doing hidden quests/dungeons/vistas/basic foods/msq/special monsters, and hidden quests are needed for rapport building anyway). I'll use the 600g boost on the 3rd char or so.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Azena is going to be the largest server but followed very, very closely by Regulus. Just an FYI.
Yeah I'd be fine finding a med/low pop server once the flood gates open. Have no desire to do a FFXIV xpac launch experience twice in a year - of course, that means not claiming bonuses on the wrong server

Raes

Vyemm Raider
On the islands, I meant specifically the sidequests on them, but it makes sense they don't give rewards again, although you can redo them. Some of the rewards are just too good to be redone. Even one time though I noted a bunch of islands with good rewards(other than the upgrade materials islands which are easily found in multiple videos about rushing to T3 and stuff). I'll see how annoying the quests are but I checked the database thing and they didn't seem to have hard steps to them but that shit feels fairly incomplete anyway so we'll see.

My knowledge of the game is lacking in some areas. My side progression tends to be focused. Like, I want more skill points, where can I get them? Ok, that's the available ways to get them, which are the easiest/fastest? Ok, I'll do those. Same with runes and songs and shit. I need this song/emote to speed up leveling rapport with this npc who rewards something I want.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went ahead and purchased the game. Nothing is coming out for at least 6 months that is as interesting. Now I have to figure out which class to play that fits my slow button pressing fingers.

Did you guys settle on an East Coast server yet?

Also, my knowledge of this game is lacking in pretty much all ways. Any vidoes that do a beginners walk through as to what is important to know?

• 1Picard

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I went ahead and purchased the game. Nothing is coming out for at least 6 months that is as interesting. Now I have to figure out which class to play that fits my slow button pressing fingers.

Did you guys settle on an East Coast server yet?

Also, my knowledge of this game is lacking in pretty much all ways. Any vidoes that do a beginners walk through as to what is important to know?
Possibly the Regulus server.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SywoSan and https://www.youtube.com/c/StoopzzTV/videos but there are plenty of people out there such as Saintone, Kanon, and Zealsambitions.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

I see no issue with sticking to Regulus. As I've mentioned, I have no clue how large of a server capacity LA has. And because of the zone channel tech, overcrowding in that aspect won't be a problem. So, the only issue is queues, and there's really no way to tell how much of an issue that will be. But, I'm sure if it is a problem it will only last a short time. If some servers have large queues at launch, people will start to spread out. If they all have queues AGS will add more servers. I also suspect that some of the population will quit, or play less over the course of the first month for various reasons.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

The plan is to stick with Regulus. It's always about finding that balance between 'overcrowded queues' & 'not enough people on a server to feel like an MMO'. In the case of LA though, as Raes mentioned, the zone channel tech is top notch and there won't be an issue on that front whatsoever (albeit, once you're actually in the game). I played KR launch, which had a rather large floodgate of people and never ran into any issues (they limit the population significantly before sending someone to a new channel and they have the capacity for an insane amount of channels).

Obviously we want to avoid server queues -- or rather being on the server that has an estimate wait time to log in of 8 hours. With that being said, we're avoiding Azena for that reason. If we tried to pick an even smaller population server than Regulus, we'd run into the risk of someone like Asmon picking that server as well and literally making the situation worse. There is no correct answer which will please everyone (and fuck trying to find one). Ergo, the plan is to stick with it and enjoy having an MMO launch that actually has shit to do / playing with others. I know I'm looking forward to running some extra guardian raids, pvp queues, and helping the FoH folks who will run into walls of not knowing what to do among other things. If that type of community and fun interests you, I'd invite anyone to sign up to the Regulus train and endure the possibility of some queue time (which will go away as it always does!).

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Are we planning on making our own guild, or latching onto someone else?

Make our own. Guild capacity is limited. Starts at like 30 (?) and increases as you level the guild.

Should probably have an alt guild as well. I'll have more alts than most, so will probably make a guild just for my alt army.

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Make our own. Guild capacity is limited. Starts at like 30 (?) and increases as you level the guild.

Should probably have an alt guild as well. I'll have more alts than most, so will probably make a guild just for my alt army.

This. With the limited population at launch for guilds, trying to latch onto someone else would prevent being able to tag everyone. As for alts, that makes sense (hadn't even thought about that) but we'll see how many people we end up with.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Tone is difficult to convey through text, so I dont mean this harshly.

But you went from saying the game sucks and is boring and you dont plan to play NA launch, to now stating you are playing and will have more alts than most.

Whar changed your mind?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The plan is to stick with Regulus. It's always about finding that balance between 'overcrowded queues' & 'not enough people on a server to feel like an MMO'. In the case of LA though, as Raes mentioned, the zone channel tech is top notch and there won't be an issue on that front whatsoever (albeit, once you're actually in the game). I played KR launch, which had a rather large floodgate of people and never ran into any issues (they limit the population significantly before sending someone to a new channel and they have the capacity for an insane amount of channels).

Obviously we want to avoid server queues -- or rather being on the server that has an estimate wait time to log in of 8 hours. With that being said, we're avoiding Azena for that reason. If we tried to pick an even smaller population server than Regulus, we'd run into the risk of someone like Asmon picking that server as well and literally making the situation worse. There is no correct answer which will please everyone (and fuck trying to find one). Ergo, the plan is to stick with it and enjoy having an MMO launch that actually has shit to do / playing with others. I know I'm looking forward to running some extra guardian raids, pvp queues, and helping the FoH folks who will run into walls of not knowing what to do among other things. If that type of community and fun interests you, I'd invite anyone to sign up to the Regulus train and endure the possibility of some queue time (which will go away as it always does!).
I doubt I join you guys on Regulus. Maybe an alt or something. My ping to AWS' Virginia data center bounces between 95-185ms. While it's fun to meme about blaming my ping for sucking in PvP, it's not something I'm really interested in dealing with. I get sweaty when it comes to competitive gaming and I know that shitty ping is going to trigger the fuck out of me both in PvP and avoiding boss mechanics.

Fucking stupid they aren't launching with a Central region.

If any West Coasters plan on firing up a West Coast guild, let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably start something myself.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tone is difficult to convey through text, so I dont mean this harshly.

But you went from saying the game sucks and is boring and you dont plan to play NA launch, to now stating you are playing and will have more alts than most.

Whar changed your mind?
The Direct X update that US servers from what I gathered following along the conversation.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The Direct X update that US servers from what I gathered following along the conversation.

There's an amalgam of things that would result in (and has resulted in) having people check out of RU, among others;

- Knowledge Transfer. This is something RU backed out of doing because they like selling boosts. It's the exact shit that most people would have thought Amazon would have done and to have it (at launch) removes one of the largest hurdles for someone moving off established characters / accounts. My eyes will bleed if I have to level a new fresh 50 multiple times (it's by far the longest 'grind' in the game and there is absolutely no challenge or interest once you've done it as many times as a lot of us have already).

- DX11 being available at launch. This has a few effects; firstly, it makes the game smoother and lowers load times pretty significantly. For someone on RU however, it also speaks volumes (there's no reason beyond the fact that RU is 'abandoned' for NA to get this when RU doesn't).

- Removing the need to run the translator & VPN before playing. This might seem like a small thing but really, when you've done it a zillion times (and have had to relog because you loaded it without noticing there was a patch, etc), well, it's a huge positive.

- Ping, especially if there's a desire to start doing more of the raids.

At this stage, it just feels like Amazon is getting it right and if we're going to have all of the content as quickly as we are and they're lowering the frustrating parts of restarting, it just sort of makes sense. Plus the AH game. Never forget about the AH game.

• 1Solidarity