Lost Ark Online

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You can't change channels on islands, it automatically puts you in one when you zone in, I think.
So even if you were on a "low-pop" server, that's still going to come down to RNG then, no? Same as a "high-pop" server? Some days you get lucky, some days you get turbofucked. Or if BDO is any indication for me, you just get turbofucked... :(

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So even if you were on a "low-pop" server, that's still going to come down to RNG then, no? Same as a "high-pop" server? Some days you get lucky, some days you get turbofucked. Or if BDO is any indication for me, you just get turbofucked... :(

Nah. It depends on the island. Some island stuff you want a lot of people, make sure you get there early and zone in as soon as the island pops up, if you want fewer people just wait a bit and go in with the stragglers. It's really not something to worry about. Most of that shit you only do once or a few times. Some island stuff has an rng element, most don't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea some islands have events where you want more people(the suicide chicken event apparently needs a fair few people to work at all? maybe there's some scaling to it though not sure) or it doesn't matter either way, but some you want less, stuff where you have to pick up RNG things, also one of the free for all pvp island with RNG chests to pick up if there's anyone you basically can't pick up anything if they're actively fightning you, if it's 1vs1 you can CC them and loot I think but any more and it gets messy. But you don't NEED to complete every island, at least not for a while so it's somewhat minor.

Still I feel it'd be better to not be on one of the big pop servers cause these are gonna be slammed really hard, and I'd much rather get a smooth start and not have to fight for gathering ressources and shit. Since most of the group content is instanced and region wide, as well as the AH, it feels pointless to go on a crowded server and run into more issues. Ymmv but that's what I'm planning for now, just head for the lowest pop server and play the game.

Server transfers are a bit of a mess in this game however, so it can be somewhat smart picking the right server right away but meh.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was just watching some dude talk about cards and it made me realize that the starter deck capacity is 100, and there are 303 cards in total. Getting away from that particular subject, what it made me want to ask is how much other shit in the game needs upgrades if you're going full on collector / long term player? My concern here, I was going to just get bronze so I could play early. But now Im starting to wonder if I should get platinum if its going to be cheaper in the long run just so I can have the gems or w/e available already to unlock these expansions?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There's a good chance that there won't actually BE any low pop servers until a while after launch. The servers only show low/med/high and RU doesn't have a ton of people playing and they're both always high pop. But, like I've said, I have no idea what kind of capacity an LA server has, I've never seen a queue. I guess the only way to tell if a server is "lower" pop is if it doesn't have a queue, or has a lower queue, if any do actually fill up.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was just watching some dude talk about cards and it made me realize that the starter deck capacity is 100, and there are 303 cards in total. Getting away from that particular subject, what it made me want to ask is how much other shit in the game needs upgrades if you're going full on collector / long term player? My concern here, I was going to just get bronze so I could play early. But now Im starting to wonder if I should get platinum if its going to be cheaper in the long run just so I can have the gems or w/e available already to unlock these expansions?

Expanding your deck costs blue crystals. I really wouldn't worry about it, it's going to take a while before you even need to expand. Cards you get are completely rng and you'll get a lot of duplicates, which don't take up space. You guys are really worrying about things that won't be relevant for many months.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Expanding your deck costs blue crystals. I really wouldn't worry about it, it's going to take a while before you even need to expand. Cards you get are completely rng and you'll get a lot of duplicates, which don't take up space. You guys are really worrying about things and won't be relevant for many months.
The cards wasnt really what I was asking about. Just curious how much more stuff has inventory-esque expansions bought with crystals in RU or KR? Ie. I want to buy the platinum package if its just going to be cheaper in the long run. But what you said is one thing Im struggling with when looking through information - like what the fk is even relevant etc. The card thing just popped up on my suggested videos and thought I would at least be aware of it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Expanding your deck costs blue crystals. I really wouldn't worry about it, it's going to take a while before you even need to expand. Cards you get are completely rng and you'll get a lot of duplicates, which don't take up space. You guys are really worrying about things and won't be relevant for many months.
In fairness, most of us have no idea what we're getting into.

Seems like the game has about a hundred different systems and currencies, and we don't know what matters and when.

Part of it is that we're getting a game already developed, one where the developer has insisted the publisher release more (for a nice change versus how this normally goes), but also that even the translations for the current versions are shit so it's hard to figure out what's going on. I still can't figure out class name changes.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The cards wasnt really what I was asking about. Just curious how much more stuff has inventory-esque expansions bought with crystals in RU or KR? Ie. I want to buy the platinum package if its just going to be cheaper in the long run. But what you said is one thing Im struggling with when looking through information - like what the fk is even relevant etc. The card thing just popped up on my suggested videos and thought I would at least be aware of it.

All expanded inventory, extra loadouts and that kind of shit is bought with blue crystals. RC is currency for the cash shop, where yes you can buy blue crystals as well. I would save RC though for shit that can't be bought by blue crystals, since you can get BC for gold, and some for one time rewards.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
In fairness, most of us have no idea what we're getting into.

Seems like the game has about a hundred different systems and currencies, and we don't know what matters and when.

Part of it is that we're getting a game already developed, one where the developer has insisted the publisher release more (for a nice change versus how this normally goes), but also that even the translations for the current versions are shit so it's hard to figure out what's going on. I still can't figure out class name changes.

I would advise just playing the game for a few weeks. The game will introduce the systems to you, and once you actually have an overview of what the various currencies are and shit, all the guides will make much more sense. For now, just focus on earning gold, grinding mats and leveling up a few alts. All the side progression is a marathon, not a sprint.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
All the side progression is a marathon, not a sprint.
One thing that I've seen a lot of the good content creators stress lately with the release of NA, is this. That while the NA version releasing with T3 allows you to probably no-life the living shit out of the game for 4 months, you really have to understand that it's very much a "slow and steady" type of game.

"I MUST GET TO 50 ASAP! I GOTTA GET 5 ALTS GOING AND FARMING MATS!" - While you CAN do all that shit, none of it is really necessary and only do it if you truly enjoy that type of experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
One thing that I've seen a lot of the good content creators stress lately with the release of NA, is this. That while the NA version releasing with T3 allows you to probably no-life the living shit out of the game for 4 months, you really have to understand that it's very much a "slow and steady" type of game.

"I MUST GET TO 50 ASAP! I GOTTA GET 5 ALTS GOING AND FARMING MATS!" - While you CAN do all that shit, none of it is really necessary and only do it if you truly enjoy that type of experience.

Yes. Having the knowledge transfer in at launch is HUGE. Only having to level 1 character to 50, and being able to get 5 (or more) more level 50 alts just for gold instead of grinding out 50+ hours is already gonna put you in a really good position. The main reason to get to the start of t3 quickly is that the amount of badges you can get for the weekly gold bags goes up with gear score. So getting to 1302 GS means 2k gold a week just for that, instead of 500 or 1k. Other than that, much of the side progression shit is more important than gear upgrades. Skill points, runes and engravings are what people should be focused on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There didn't seem too much when I played, albeit for a limited amount of time. At no point during leveling did I ever run into inventory issues for example, the base inventory is large, and monsters don't drop stupid vendor loot shit and such. You do get a lot of armor/weapons, but you can disassemble it on the fly so whenever you're full, you open the thing, select the rarity for auto diss and just remove all of it. It leaves a couple of stackable vendor items from these and you just vendor that next time, or not, I leveled to 50 without selling them.

In late game it might be more of an issue but there's really a lot of base space but when I see videos, they don't have that many items a lot of the time unlike some other games so it shouldn't be a problem(unlike say when I played DFO and you HAD to buy inventory slots to play properly, although they gave them away for free every month/month and a half). You also have the pet inventory, which does require you have the "sub" thing like all F2P korean mmos do(pay x for 30days of various advantages, some not so great but some are nice so worth having at least early on, you do get a month with pack, crystalline aura is what it's called in our version), and then you have a bank too iirc? And you can transfer a bunch of shit on alts just for mules.

The card video actually explained that, you can put excess cards on an alt until you expand card inventory. Seeing as how most cards aren't part of decks anyway, you really only need a few cards equipped at any given time. The passive collection bonus is stupid shit that's irrelevant until you're like a year in and have nothing else to do but farm 0.06% dmg for hundred of thousands of silver.

Another thing is for this type of game, they often have events giving this sort of things for free every few months. Like you'll get char slots, card inventory, normal inventory, pets, mounts and so on from events eventually. And yeah as mentionned it uses the blue crystals for unlocks, which you get from various sources naturally without having to pay. You can pay to get more but you don't have to so it's not so bad.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
To give people an idea about things like runes and engravings, here's an example. Pretty much the best rune in the game is a bleed rune. It's throws a 5 second dot on any mob hit with the ability it's attached to. When running Chaos Dungeons, or questing I use this on an AOE skill and I also have an engraving that makes the first hit on a full hp mob an automatic crit as well as increasing crit damage significantly. Allowing me to one shot most mobs.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There didn't seem too much when I played, albeit for a limited amount of time. At no point during leveling did I ever run into inventory issues for example, the base inventory is large, and monsters don't drop stupid vendor loot shit and such. You do get a lot of armor/weapons, but you can disassemble it on the fly so whenever you're full, you open the thing, select the rarity for auto diss and just remove all of it. It leaves a couple of stackable vendor items from these and you just vendor that next time, or not, I leveled to 50 without selling them.

In late game it might be more of an issue but there's really a lot of base space but when I see videos, they don't have that many items a lot of the time unlike some other games so it shouldn't be a problem(unlike say when I played DFO and you HAD to buy inventory slots to play properly, although they gave them away for free every month/month and a half). You also have the pet inventory, which does require you have the "sub" thing like all F2P korean mmos do(pay x for 30days of various advantages, some not so great but some are nice so worth having at least early on, you do get a month with pack, crystalline aura is what it's called in our version), and then you have a bank too iirc? And you can transfer a bunch of shit on alts just for mules.

The card video actually explained that, you can put excess cards on an alt until you expand card inventory. Seeing as how most cards aren't part of decks anyway, you really only need a few cards equipped at any given time. The passive collection bonus is stupid shit that's irrelevant until you're like a year in and have nothing else to do but farm 0.06% dmg for hundred of thousands of silver.

Another thing is for this type of game, they often have events giving this sort of things for free every few months. Like you'll get char slots, card inventory, normal inventory, pets, mounts and so on from events eventually. And yeah as mentionned it uses the blue crystals for unlocks, which you get from various sources naturally without having to pay. You can pay to get more but you don't have to so it's not so bad.

Your character inventory can't be expanded, but yes your pet has an inventory you can use while it's activated. Your warehouse has two parts that can be expanded, one shared and one not. And while your pet is activated you can access your warehouse from anywhere. I've never seen an event give character slots or card inventory slots.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Your character inventory can't be expanded, but yes your pet has an inventory you can use while it's activated. Your warehouse has two parts that can be expanded, one shared and one not. And while your pet is activated you can access your warehouse from anywhere. I've never seen an event give character slots or card inventory slots.
Hmm guess that's different than some of other korean mmos, maybe our version will have them but yeah checking some KR past events quickly, it's largely the same shit everytime(upgrade materials, una completion tickets, silver/pirate coins, battle items and such) with rarely a few things mixed in like "sub time". Only thing in that category they seem to be giving away are character appearance tickets to remake your char.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Hmm guess that's different than some of other korean mmos, maybe our version will have them but yeah checking some KR past events quickly, it's largely the same shit everytime(upgrade materials, una completion tickets, silver/pirate coins, battle items and such) with rarely a few things mixed in like "sub time". Only thing in that category they seem to be giving away are character appearance tickets to remake your char.

Pretty much. Also keep an eye out for when a reward is peons, you don't want to miss those. I have a bunch of appearance change tickets sitting in my cash shop inventory that I've never used. Most stuff doesn't expire, stuff that does will have a date on it. One thing that kinda sucks is the sub time blessings always have a 90 day expiration, so I'm forced to use those before that. What's really a pain in the ass though, are rewards that become bound to character when you claim them, because often times you'll get way more of a mat/currency than you need and the rest is just wasted.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw Raes Raes or someone else who played endgame for a bit, are island quests doable only on one char? Like the mini island quests on most of them.

It seems to me it should be obvious they're only one time rewards, seeing as how the rewards on some of them are very big, but I haven't really seen anyone say it was the case or not. For example I was checking island quests to get pirate coins and high seas coins(ghinea or gineva or whatever they end up calling them) to quickly buy giant hearts/island hearts/songs for rapport and such. Some of these questlines reward large amount of coins, like 10-20k pirate coins or 5-10 high seas chests for 100coins selectable coins each and all. It'd make little sense for these to be repeatable since it'd be faster to just lvl an alt and do these quests for currency than actually get the currency but figure I'd ask. I figure some of them have weird reqs, because it seems like you could buy a bunch of the stuff outright if you did these quests but you have guides explaining how it takes 2 weeks of doing coop sea events instead when it'd take like 2hours to do the questlines and buy everything, so not sure if the guide writer is just dumb and forgot or what, guess that part I'll see once I get on the islands.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So Knowledge transfer lets you boost 1 char to 50 when you hit 50, but the second char requires you to have 3 chars to 50? Thats if im understanding this right.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
We should be able to boost multiple characters (I think in KR its 12) to 50 after leveling just 1 character manually. It's the boosts after that for other continents that require you to manually level more characters to unlock more boosts.