Lost Ark Online

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty impressed by the video and definitely should be the approach Blizzard should take next. It may be a little too much going on but some of that stuff is really cool. If they could take the p2_________ out of the game, it could really have some potential. If nothing else, someone needs to look at this and beg, borrow, and steal from this game and do it up right.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quin69 is having fun with the game so far, he is only in early game though.

Molten Core Raider
I ran through the prologue for the sorcerer character but didnt do too much past it. It's fun so far and the combat will be a blast I think once muscle memory kicks in and I stop having to think about what Im doing. Having abilities on QWER is pretty standard but also having ASDF being another four abilities is strangely weird and really throwing me off.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is Diablo 3 considered an MMO on these boards?

Neither should this. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME THINK A NEW REAL MMO WAS OUT. :D

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is Diablo 3 considered an MMO on these boards?

Neither should this. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME THINK A NEW REAL MMO WAS OUT. :D
This has a lot more mmo elements than D3. It's more like a mmo using Diablo 3 combat and perspective. Korean mmo though so don't expect crazy sandbox shit, it's mostly your basic quest based instance based mmo, but you can run around and see other people questing like you can in a normal mmo, without having to party with them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
The combat looks nothing like Diablo 3. If anything it just reminds me of Lineage 2. Slowly moving from pack to pack killing things (slowly.)

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
Been waiting in a queue for about 30min now. Still 5000 ahead of me.

Even Koreans were giving the game shit for the cash shop. When news of the stats on the avatar item came out a lot of comments were generally "LOL, this is another Korean game" and "I was dumb for expecting something different."

The worst items are these 2 "prestige" mounts that cost 198,000 mileage points each. You get 100 points for every $1 you spend, so you will need to spend a little under $2000 to have enough points to buy one of the mounts, lol.

Overall the game is fun so far and doesn't feel too grindy yet. Got to level 20 (max level 50) pretty quickly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can apparently craft avatars from raid loot that are better than the shop stuff.

Molten Core Raider
Havent been able to connect today. I get to the server select screen, I pick my server then it gives me a message I cant get translated quick enough, then freezes up once I click the green checkmark then back to desktop I go. Maybe tomorrow :(

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Where do you download this game?

You have to buy from shady resellers and they are all sold out of accounts. The top three resellers are SEAGM: 5 days NEWGAMEWAY: 1-5 days OBT: 3-7 days

I bought a verified account on New Game Way and I am still waiting for the account 24 hours later.

You also need to play from a Korean IP address, which means you need a full tunnel vpn. You can buy one or setup your own in a amazon ec2 t2 mirco instance based out of Korea.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
If you're not a streamer and you're trying to play this game how desperate are you to play something? Have some self-control.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
You have to buy from shady resellers and they are all sold out of accounts. The top three resellers are SEAGM: 5 days NEWGAMEWAY: 1-5 days OBT: 3-7 days

I bought a verified account on New Game Way and I am still waiting for the account 24 hours later.

You also need to play from a Korean IP address, which means you need a full tunnel vpn. You can buy one or setup your own in a amazon ec2 t2 mirco instance based out of Korea.

That's really odd. I bought late last night from New Game Way and it got delivered early this morning. There's no e-mail notification though - you just collect the login info from your purchase history.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Too "KR" for me. Looks beautiful but will suffer from the KR direction, aka micro-transaction city, bikini, gay male characters, giant penis weapons for melee, mmorpg, and let me guess, ruined by the devs in 6 months. (see BDO and other KR big release).

agripa

Molten Core Raider
That's really odd. I bought late last night from New Game Way and it got delivered early this morning. There's no e-mail notification though - you just collect the login info from your purchase history.

Which account type did you buy?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Quinn69 has been streaming hell out of this game. Hopefully it'll come over this way.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been playing it. It's pretty damn good and polished. Ping is decent as well with a VPN

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing it. It's pretty damn good and polished. Ping is decent as well with a VPN
How's leveling and the feel of combat? Combat does look smooth and the leveling seems generic (kill X amount of mobs or collect these items for turn ins). Is there any end game content to do like in D3 as Greater rifts, or PoE as in mapping? Also how is the micro transactions? Are they like PoE or like Guildwars as in cosmetics or really pay to win like gambling for armor and weapons?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like LA got smacked by Chinese hackers who were able modify the launcher so they could bypass it and get into the game while no one else could. Thus flooding the server's with bots. Now the game is down until Smilegate can get the company who made the launcher to patch it. Lol.

Also, Quinn got his account hacked/locked due to someone trying to login on his account. Ouch.