Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Ok nm I see what server it is. I can't make any new characters on that one.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
damn :( it was open when i posted yesterday and made mine, it comes open at like early AM our time it seems thats when i got on

im trying to figure out what things like destruction 1 /2 do im sure some of these abilities combo off eachother

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Not sure if it's true, but heard people saying they were banned today/yesterday evening after using the english patch.

Quinn installed the English patch and was banned almost immediately. Seems the last banwave hit a ton of English patched players.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Quinn was being dumb. He streamed while using the patch and he got reported for it. I know people who are still using it and nothing happened to them. As of now I wouldn't take the chance to use it.

On same topic I find this to be funny that they are targeting and reporting non Korean players streaming the game. Apparently they are blaming foreigners (non koreans) for the long ques.

http://m.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4811&l=185217

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well to be fair, if it was a beta for an NA game and had 5000000 Chinese farmers taking up limited server space then NA players would be upset.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Well to be fair, if it was a beta for an NA game and had 5000000 Chinese farmers taking up limited server space then NA players would be upset.

didnt they stop that? im only 27 on the NA server i dont see any botting, maybe once i hit 50

last time the servers opened up was 10am EST, if you can i would jus try n be on around then and check in every so often, what i did

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quinn was being dumb. He streamed while using the patch and he got reported for it. I know people who are still using it and nothing happened to them. As of now I wouldn't take the chance to use it.

On same topic I find this to be funny that they are targeting and reporting non Korean players streaming the game. Apparently they are blaming foreigners (non koreans) for the long ques.

http://m.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4811&l=185217

Pretty much this. Quinn has been streaming the game for some time without any issues. The moment he put on the English patch he ate a ban because he basically provided video evidence to allow them to ban. He went back to streaming on his second account without the English patch and has had no issues.

I've been playing since day 1 and have used to English patch since it came out. Same for a group of 5-10 friends. No issues so far for any of us, minus a single re-verification before the English patch was even available.

I'd also agree that Koreans will report foreigners to result in the bans but I understand their perspective and kinda agree with it. Fuck those people that are causing longer queues playing on stupid high pings that we can't communicate with. You'd be hard pressed to find a game where someone started typing in squiggly lines and didn't understand shit that was going on that wouldn't get reported on an NA server.

Relating to the subject of the actual game, I've been struggling pretty hard to settle on a final class. I really enjoy the max level content but finding something that works for me for both PVE/PVP is impossible. I also tested out the cash shop and had no issues purchasing some stuff via prepaid cards. While the game is really not P2W I think some people in NA will take exception with dungeon tokens randomly being available in the Secret Shop as a means of increasing 'convenience'. I think it'll be funny to see how many people blow cash on the card game though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Relating to the subject of the actual game, I've been struggling pretty hard to settle on a final class. I really enjoy the max level content but finding something that works for me for both PVE/PVP is impossible. I also tested out the cash shop and had no issues purchasing some stuff via prepaid cards. While the game is really not P2W I think some people in NA will take exception with dungeon tokens randomly being available in the Secret Shop as a means of increasing 'convenience'. I think it'll be funny to see how many people blow cash on the card game though.

feel you on this, i chose bard to hit 50 wit frst, but ive seen some videos where the pvp dps is ok, and the utility for raids and partys is nice, you also get dual specs right?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
didnt they stop that? im only 27 on the NA server i dont see any botting, maybe once i hit 50

last time the servers opened up was 10am EST, if you can i would jus try n be on around then and check in every so often, what i did

Oh I dunno, I haven't tried to play this game. I was just responding to him pointing out "the Koreans are getting mad and blaming foreigners for the long queues". If an NA game (since the beta is only supposed to be for Korea at the moment or w/e) was getting huge queues from a flood of foreign accounts, NA people would also get upset about it.

I did watch Nugi stream some raid fight a couple times and some Korean guy do the same fight (nugi kept getting kicked from groups for dying a lot and stuff, the Korean streamer group rolled the fight) and i'll more than likely play once it comes to NA but not gonna deal with the hassle to try and play it now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I saw some Korean thot playing this on twitch. Looks kinda cool I guess.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I saw some Korean thot playing this on twitch. Looks kinda cool I guess.

the game seems massive, not sure if its a bunch of useless shit, but it plays like your typical MMO, with ARPG combat thrown in thats done very well, and makes you feel like your wrecking shit from lvl 1.

i havent done much research but i guess theirs tiered dungeons that lead you to raids and such, im sure if they keep a steady flow of raid bosses while they implement something else to catch peoples attention like POEs map system it should do well, i gotta read up on alot but theres very little out there so far.

the combat is the best part it fits so well and its so fluid, on top of the world looking amazing and some of these bosses look dope as shit, idk all around great game just hope it comes here before the hype dies down and it fails, oh and basically if it becomes p2w or even pay to skip / increase % type shit like in blade n soul

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game looks really fucking awesome. I can't seem to find any solid info on if it'll be coming to the US soon.

I don't know if I feel like taking a risk buying a korean client and getting banned for using the English patch.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
This game looks really fucking awesome. I can't seem to find any solid info on if it'll be coming to the US soon.

I don't know if I feel like taking a risk buying a korean client and getting banned for using the English patch.

I'm waiting until it comes west. Having gibberish all over the screen is a total deal breaker for me. Hopefully they have their shit together with localization and its here late next year/early 2020.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, just bought Grim Dawn with expansions, that's going to have to tickle this itch for now.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

I'm loving the game and I been playing it nonstop. It's really well polished and runs very smoothly even with 200ms. I can't stress that enough. As for the English patch just don't be dumb and stream or show any kind of proof that you are using it. I had no issues at all and as long you follow the directions you should be okay. Plus getting an account only cost me $16.00 (re-verifiable too) where I got mine from and that's really cheap. They are very helpful if you have any problems too.

I'm waiting until it comes west. Having gibberish all over the screen is a total deal breaker for me. Hopefully they have their shit together with localization and its here late next year/early 2020.
Honestly once you get into the game you really don't need the English patch to enjoy it. There are tons of translated guides out there. The Eng patch helps out alot but not a gamebreaker imo.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
even so, as long as you dont stream it with the english patch you're fine

damn this server locking shit is stupid, my buddy been trying for 4 days to get on my server, figured after maintenance he would be able to get on, thats how i got lucky.

def dont wanna reroll im only 30 but still dont wanna run the same content again as the same class and none of the other classes really stick out as being unique like the bard

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Tecknoe what level is your Bard now? I just hit level 40 on my Destroyer and got access to my ship so I can sail around the word and complete other quests. I'm currently going with this build for PvE. I didn't realize how stats are very important for combat. It's like Monster Hunter World certain stats effects monsters. Below is my build. Blues skills are orb generators which I use the most and purple ones are my heavy hitters. I have one good AoE which is Earth Eater. That's the rock whirlwind skill if you ever saw it in game. Most of my skills have attributes called Destruction level and Incapacitate. Destruction breaks off boss parts which temporarily causes them to lose a skill set while incapacitate stuns them in order to give the group a small window of opportunity do their most damaging moves. Each boss has a purple shield bar that can be dwindled down in order to get stunned and then it goes back to full. Apparently the Destroyer is the class for that due to its hard heavy hitting moves. Some other classes like Beserkers have abilities like cutting that almost does the same. Learning something new about this game everyday. I'm loving it.

destv1.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tecknoe what level is your Bard now? I just hit level 40 on my Destroyer and got access to my ship so I can sail around the word and complete other quests. I'm currently going with this build for PvE. I didn't realize how stats are very important for combat. It's like Monster Hunter World certain stats effects monsters. Below is my build. Blues skills are orb generators which I use the most and purple ones are my heavy hitters. I have one good AoE which is Earth Eater. That's the rock whirlwind skill if you ever saw it in game. Most of my skills have attributes called Destruction level and Incapacitate. Destruction breaks off boss parts which temporarily causes them to lose a skill set while incapacitate stuns them in order to give the group a small window of opportunity do their most damaging moves. Each boss has a purple shield bar that can be dwindled down in order to get stunned and then it goes back to full. Apparently the Destroyer is the class for that due to its hard heavy hitting moves. Some other classes like Beserkers have abilities like cutting that almost does the same. Learning something new about this game everyday. I'm loving it.

View attachment 184554

If only it wasnt such a pain in the ass to play the game. I understand the latency issues, but I dont understand why a company thinks they need to have a separate company to do localization. Release it to the world and put a warning that the game will suffer latency issues based on geo-location.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If only it wasnt such a pain in the ass to play the game. I understand the latency issues, but I dont understand why a company thinks they need to have a separate company to do localization. Release it to the world and put a warning that the game will suffer latency issues based on geo-location.
You only notice the latency when doing PvP. I'm usually around 170ms but if I would pvp with someone with 10ms I can notice it. PvE you won't even notice that it. It's literally nonexistent.