Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i rerolled =/ cause my buddy couldent get on the main NA server, im only lvl 20 atm, and got my other to 29? i think, yeah im still trying to find solid info as to what stats benefit bard most

yeah my buddy is playing a destroyer and hes getting like 3k-4k crits at 25?

you cant experience the pvp aspect with these pings, so for me its just learning the game before it gets here type deal, so im not in any rush to do anything just figuring things out so i dont spend time derping around for an NA release, plus im starved for something to play right now and i can always throw decent hours into an ARPG like this regardless of the langauge/ping thing

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After the Diablo Immortal debacle and the everylasting snorefest that is BfA this would be the perfect time to launch this in the west. Going into winter there is really nothing to scratch the 'its snowy outside and I want to just stay warm and game with my buds' itch.

Instead they will likely hit right in the middle of the next wave of IP and get lost. Movie production companies are constantly trying to moneyball their release windows to maximize exposure and capitalize on underserved markets. Game companies still seem to be stuck in the 'lets all release the same week and fight over scraps'.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
How does destruction work? i cant find solid info on how it works with this skill it seems random, sometimes it applys sometimes it dosent ive tried putting like snare on first and such to see if that is needed to trigger it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How does destruction work? i cant find solid info on how it works with this skill it seems random, sometimes it applys sometimes it dosent ive tried putting like snare on first and such to see if that is needed to trigger it.
Here you go. These guys Tparty are really into Lost Ark and I think they are the ones who made the English patch.

Danmit cannot seems to link their Google document.

Last edited:

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
am i missing something or if you die in a dungeon the feather is the only way to rez? i thought you could rez at certain checkpoints, just noticed i couldent in the lvl 30 dungeon

Madikus

Knows nothing.
So I've got about 2500 hours into D3 and and maybe 1500 on POE. I spent the weekend playing Lost Ark and this game is neither D3 nor POE. And this is a good thing. It reminds me of a very polished Devillian.

It's really not an arpg in the traditional sense like I was initially expecting, but rather feels much more like an MMO.

Some of my impressions and opinions after putting around 40 hours in to LA:

Combat is satisfying if a little clunky at times due to some strange pathing behavior when setting up combos or positionals.

The engine seems to handle everything on screen without issue and with a 3 year old rig and a 1070 it runs max settings perfectly.

Combat skills are decent but there seems to be clear winners and losers on skill selection. Skill runes seem a little better balanced with harder choices to make.

Crafting and the multitude of mods to items via different NPCs is still a bit confusing at face value, but I suspect that will get easier with a legit English translation/localization.

Fast travel is good and there were enough waypoints scattered throughout to not make me hate many of the back and forth quests.

Dungeons are easy to queue for and generally were fun. Death in a dungeon means you leave the group and the dungeon unless you consume a rez feather. It wasn't entirely clear to me if the max level people in the dungeon with me at lower levels were scaled like FF14 or if they were just max dick power. I saw 50's die in one of my 20's dungeons so I'm assuming some type of scaling.

I played a bard, blaster and destroyer to 20 then settled on Destroyer as my preferred class and hit 30 with last night to complete the main storyline to unlock the big city.

I'm looking forward to hitting 50 and seeing endgame.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I played a bard, blaster and destroyer to 20 then settled on Destroyer as my preferred class and hit 30 with last night to complete the main storyline to unlock the big city.

I'm looking forward to hitting 50 and seeing endgame.

I greatly enjoy the castle siege & entire cinematic experience that occurs during that part. The amount of things going on that you are actively taking part in is pretty incredible. It's my second favorite behind when you actually get sieged. Whole thing feels very epic.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Are you playing on the Korean server?
This game doesn't have a global release date yet does it?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I am playing on a Korean server. The NA/EU have yet to be announced. Getting an account and playing via exitlag is incredibly simple, and there's an English patcher you can launch the game from that makes it completely playable for us round-eyes.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
How dare you sons of bitches get me excited about another Asian MMO. Welp.... ready to be underwhelmed again when this makes it to the west. Shit looks fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the amount of stuff to do after hitting level cap is going to make most people pretty happy, especially the difficulty of the guardian raids.

• 1Solidarity

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Oh, I forgot to mention world bosses. I did one around 25 that took us(the zone) about 30 minutes to kill. Was pretty fun and the loot was awesome. Reminded me of WHO and GW2 zone objectives (which also exist - zone spawned quests at random times)

Edit: Actually, the more I think about these mechanics specifically, they are VERY similar to FATEs in FF14.

Last edited:

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone just starting or rerolling a new toon on the english server? re rolled... to play with my buddy he got to 30 and quit to play some WoW private server so, looknig for someone to group up with, ill reroll on your server idc at this point jus kinda bored

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
im enjoying it regardless of language barrier, id just skip through all the story anyway even if it was in english =/
struggling on if i should play one of my bards both 30-34 rerolled cause my buddy couldent get on the same server, now hes playing some wow private server, so go back to my bard on the english server or lvl up an infighter on the server, i like the bard jus not sure if theres enough utlity/support to outweigh it not doing as much dmg as the other mages

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I will be there whenever this comes out in the US. I was sold when the character stuff came out 2 years ago is it now? Whatever the melee hand to hand class is that tosses dragons around.

• 1Solidarity

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Can anyone recommend link to instructions to aquire an account and setup VPN etc or whatever is needed to play this for someone who hasn't messed with any games outside of NA? Been trying to find something to get the girlfriend playing with me between smite games and this is my only hope so far. Wanted to just mess around with it and see if its something she will eventually like. Appreciate any help i can get!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'll try this when it releases in the US but I expect it to have the shitty Asian stuff ala BDO