Lost Ark Online

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Nothing else to talk about with everyone just watching the very pretty queue screen.

P2W discussion is dumb anyway. The only two categories that matter are 'cash shop' or 'no cash shop'. Everything else is masturbatory hair splitting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, got to I think level 29, but that'll be it for me until next week. I may play more, but it sounds like the queues are awful, and we're leaving tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
Okay, if you guys want to feel good about yourselves, I just finished Morai on my Bard, level 21. I did all the sidequests and watched every cutscene.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can only go from what I've researched, which include those, plus some pet buffs, or if you want to switch the buff. Plus the mounts are faster and can sprint more often. Also avatars, the one I saw as examples was +2% str. Many of the cards needed for the better sets only drop on card packs, they don't drop in the game. Not only do you have your card set bonuses (which are a heck of a lot bigger than .06% damage, I saw 20% damage resistance for example) but you also get your bonuses for filling out card books.

Stack slightly better, on slightly better, on slightly better etc you're going to see a noticeable difference in every single stat.

Probably won't affect anyone who isn't playing it for the endgame of the MMO, and of course you /can/ raid Blackwing Lair in greens.
A lot of this is outdated or flat out wrong.

Pet buffs are free to switch in our version, you don't even roll you always get max value and just select the stat. Mounts all have normalized speeds in our current version, some mounts have better "sprint" features but not sure the paying mounts are that much better. Avatars are available in the game. Many cards only drop from decks, but decks are what the game gives you, not cards directly(besides the ones that drop obviously). You get dozens of card packs doing standard content like tower, island quests and such, and you can buy some weekly too. The 0.06% is the overall collection bonus, the set bonus are definitely stronger, but they can be obtained fine without paying(the best dmg set is 7% crit, that's the top end of cards). Just getting cards isn't enough though cause you also need card xp so it's either a very expensive or still slow process even if you pay.

Now as usual, any advantage can be considered P2W, but this isn't "you have to spend money to progress", it is pay 2 progress faster, and to some extent you can progress a fair bit faster early on especially by buying mats and all that so it's totally reasonable to not like it. But you're definitely thinking there's more than there actually is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user