Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It was a joke. Fish have been 5-6 gold for the past few days. I could have bought that many, I just didn't feel like doing that much clicking, since you can (stupidly) only buy 9 stacks at a time. I also didn't want to invest that much. If they go back up to what they should be, I'll already have a really nice pile of gold, if not, I'll probably break even.
They're 24g atm on EUC lol. I kinda wish I invested but yeah they're annoying so I was just buying them stack by stack when I needed them.

I'm lvl 30 fishing anyway if I need more, I've just been using the energy to lvl other stuff since fishing was worthless the past couple of weeks.

Also fuck this tree shit, some asshole can just come and if they log right on top of you, it cancels your stuff. Some dickhead just stole the end of my tree I'm doing for the guild weekly shit by showing up at the last moment and jacking the last tick of the tree.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They're 24g atm on EUC lol. I kinda wish I invested but yeah they're annoying so I was just buying them stack by stack when I needed them.
23g here on East. That's just idiots who listen to streamers buying everything up to a certain point. I got mine for 5-12g per stack, and won't sell until/unless they hit like 45-50g. I had already planned to wait like 5-6 months for that.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've got ~100k/100k fish/pearls that I've been steadily buying since the crash when I started doing honing mats for stronghold exp. If they go back to old prices it'll be like 200k profit, but I've heard some KR server players say fish get more valuable later anyway.

I'll just keep it as a reserve currency for the time being.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This game has player to player trading? :eek: I never even noticed - tho ive had no reason to use it either.

Last edited:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Also fuck this tree shit, some asshole can just come and if they log right on top of you, it cancels your stuff. Some dickhead just stole the end of my tree I'm doing for the guild weekly shit by showing up at the last moment and jacking the last tick of the tree.
My understanding of logging is that the more players log who log, the faster it goes for everyone, and all get the same loot as if they were logging alone. So... any time someone logs with you, it actually helps you get the same amount but faster. I hope I don't have that wrong, because I log with everyone I see thinking I'm being helpful haha!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My understanding of logging is that the more players log who log, the faster it goes for everyone, and all get the same loot as if they were logging alone. So... any time someone logs with you, it actually helps you get the same amount but faster. I hope I don't have that wrong, because I log with everyone I see thinking I'm being helpful haha!

That is the way it works. If two players chop at the same tree both their axes vanish and a two man saw appears and both players get loot, it's just faster. It was better before though, when you used to be able to just buy a saw instead of an axe once you hit like logging level 5.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think so? Since they are being all stingy with the class releases (cuz they are retarded) I'm pretty sure there would be a huge announcement at least a week or two in advance. I'd assume we won't hear anything about it til they drop the revised roadmap that they are taking forever to finish. Like, wtf is taking so long? It ain't rocket science, and this "team" is not made up of coders, or designers, or artists etc, so what the fuck else do they have to do all day?? LIT ER A LLY!!

Maybe it's because of West localization (skills, tooltips translation, four languages, etc)? I mean, of course they're being idiots at not releasing more classes right now, but maybe regarding new classes besides being stupid they're also being cheap on their licencing part?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That is the way it works. If two players chop at the same tree both their axes vanish and a two man saw appears and both players get loot, it's just faster. It was better before though, when you used to be able to just buy a saw instead of an axe once you hit like logging level 5.
Only in certain positions though, otherwise the saw animation doesn't play. Trees basically have "slots" around it that are not visible but when you press G, your char will slide to one of these slots to gather. If you're in 2 adjacent slots, the saw animation play, but if you're not, you're still both logging normally on the same tree. The issue is if someone takes your slot, it kicks you out of the tree animation. I've had it happen before, but this is the first time it synced up with the end of the tree so I couldn't take another spot and resume before the tree was cut, losing the tree(and the weekly guild shit only gives rewards for the last log, not the ones before, so I effectively wasted work energy on it since the lumber is inconsequential). Not a huge deal but it's stupid it works this way.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I spent a few minutes logging the mushroom trees on mushroom island for the token - I couldnt figure out if this guy was just super excited to get the animation of us both sawing the tree together? Or if he thought to get the speed bonus, we needed the saw. Either way, was having fun laughing at this guy trying to get the perfect spot every tree I went to.

I really want to get mining up so I can get the bomb that blows up the boulders that have Mokoko seeds behind them (lvl 30 skill) - but fk do I feel like Im just throwing gold out the window leveling mining in comparison to what I could be spending energy on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
When I spent a few minutes logging the mushroom trees on mushroom island for the token - I couldnt figure out if this guy was just super excited to get the animation of us both sawing the tree together? Or if he thought to get the speed bonus, we needed the saw. Either way, was having fun laughing at this guy trying to get the perfect spot every tree I went to.

I really want to get mining up so I can get the bomb that blows up the boulders that have Mokoko seeds behind them (lvl 30 skill) - but fk do I feel like Im just throwing gold out the window leveling mining in comparison to what I could be spending energy on.
I've been leveling mining this week, I took the mining weekly quest on my alt guild I'm running, and I have 3 alts in there now(after the reset I'm moving 2 more in cause the guilds they're in are dead or equally as "bad" as my random shit guild). So ended up doing it a bunch on my own. I like mining cause of the moonlighter skill, basically built in perma leveling potion, double xp for the same amount of time, so it's 29 now, almost there. I can actually gather lvl 30 nodes with it(cause I have +1 from the world tree leaves shit) but still need to get proper 30 for the skill.

Now that fishing prices are going back up though it'll feel worse, but eh I kinda want to get everything to 30 anyway. At the very least I want foraging to 30 too for platinum tickets, and I want to get hunting higher(it's at 11 or something) so I can get leaves from it, I literally have 0 leaves from hunting which sucks cause I figure the first few leaves are easier to get than the later ones(but maybe they're not, not sure, I have almost all of them on fishing and mining though).

Daidraco

I've been leveling mining this week, I took the mining weekly quest on my alt guild I'm running, and I have 3 alts in there now(after the reset I'm moving 2 more in cause the guilds they're in are dead or equally as "bad" as my random shit guild). So ended up doing it a bunch on my own. I like mining cause of the moonlighter skill, basically built in perma leveling potion, double xp for the same amount of time, so it's 29 now, almost there. I can actually gather lvl 30 nodes with it(cause I have +1 from the world tree leaves shit) but still need to get proper 30 for the skill.

Now that fishing prices are going back up though it'll feel worse, but eh I kinda want to get everything to 30 anyway. At the very least I want foraging to 30 too for platinum tickets, and I want to get hunting higher(it's at 11 or something) so I can get leaves from it, I literally have 0 leaves from hunting which sucks cause I figure the first few leaves are easier to get than the later ones(but maybe they're not, not sure, I have almost all of them on fishing and mining though).
Eh, I've learned a little too late that I should have made my own guild for alts and invited 2-3 friends to put all their alts there or vice versa. An alt guild with 30-40 people trying to put alts in it just doesnt make sense to me anymore. Everyone having at least 3-4 characters (or triple that in my case) means that alts are eventually going to be left to the dregs of dead guilds etc. So you basically end up leaving a high traffic alt guild to make your own and have wasted all your potential progress in order to level up someone elses alt guild, which they will surely put all of their alts in as soon as people start realizing they need a less crowded alt guild. The guild system in general is just poorly designed and could be massively improved. I think you should have the OPTION to join a guild as a roster, and all your characters take up one spot - but still have all the same benefits of individual characters. They'd have to think of some intuitive way to slow down donations, or equalize them across guild slots, but really the whole guild system needs to be reworked.

Does the moonlighter skill work across trades? I havent even paid attention to that one. Only knew about the bomb skill because of a mokoko seed collection and the sniffer dog cause Im 30 in Excavating.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Na moonlighter is only for mining. Fishing has a way weaker but similar skill with the bait thing, only works for a couple of minutes every 15minutes though. But others don't really have these so if I want to not waste too much time I have to buy leap potions in the mari's shop. Can do it manually but I'm also not looking at gathering for hours on end, I just want to dump my bar and go do something else.

And yeah guilds are fucked. Honestly, inheriting this guild was a pretty good result for me in the end, I thought it'd be dead and I was just gonna collect the free shit every week and let it go but it's been somewhat active with randoms joining, and since I have 3chars in there that's at least 3 active ones, so it's progressing semi decently. Like it's not a top tier guild, but it's better than the dead guilds some of my alts are in, and I get to pick the weeklies which helps since so many ppl pick stupid shit like pvp(I like doing pvp but only on specific chars) while avoiding the super easy shit like the sailing one where you have to go pick up stuff(which is really fucking easy usually takes 2mins and no ressource, I haven't tried either but I assume you can just take it again and do it instantly in the same spot, or maybe the spot is randomized not sure). I just clear out the ppl who quit/aren't playing and I have instant invite on and the recruitment message says clearly this is a guild for alts so ppl are joining just for the free shit but that works out. It's lvl 4.5 or so atm, which honestly isn't too bad for a casual random guild.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I currently have 2 ALTS that need a guild. If you get a spot open in the ALT guild, let me know.

When are the servers supposed to be back up?

Daidraco

I currently have 2 ALTS that need a guild. If you get a spot open in the ALT guild, let me know.

When are the servers supposed to be back up?
Servers up roughly 11am eastern.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I made an alt this morning, I would put it in the alt guild to save room as my main is in there now. If there's space in the main I'll join if able.

Also, what im gathering here is I should be selling fish?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I made an alt this morning, I would put it in the alt guild to save room as my main is in there now. If there's space in the main I'll join if able.

Also, what im gathering here is I should be selling fish?
Eh not really, the prices went back up to "normal" prices, and they will eventually go higher apparently, but it's not particularly super great money. You can fish if you want though, the advantage of fishing over other tradeskills is you're not fighting over the nodes, fishing has "infinite" ressources you just go to the spot and fish. The downside is it's slower than the other tradeskills that do the same thing(hunting and excavating) so you have to spend more time doing it for the same results.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
It's going to be interesting to see if the fish rush just paid the botters out or if AGS/SG found a viable solution(doubtful). But, a few dollar transactions is all it takes to make an account verified? That is still cheaper than having to buy a box for games in the past. Botters would lose thousands in box purchase costs in other games' ban waves. They were still an issue. The fish botters made millions of gold in the purchasing rush. It is likely that they funneled profits to fresh accounts that they are going to verify.

I don't see this being the solution that people are expecting.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't tried to make any money in this game, I'm sure I should be trying but I will say that position of the game seems confusing to me and I typically love playing the economy.

Same goes with tradeskills. I mine and cut trees as much as possible for research and ship upgrades but beyond that I haven't done much.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Trying to make money in these games heh. The only ones I've known to do it, literally are losing their hair and have teeth falling out in their early 30s.

I mean this literally and from knowing a few via try harding in vidyas. I'd say they made about 2 grand a month and "worked" 20 hours a day.